• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dr. Bright vs Yang Xiao Long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not-not mind/soulswap. Zero proof that aura can block that kind of hax and it's a NLF.

The main issue is that said hax is done through physical contact; which Aura would prevent.

That said, I'm a bit unsure, could you elaborate?

Aura prevents physical attacks, not hax. Considering the fact that those with their aura on are still able to feel pain and heat, I doubt it will be able to protect from mindhax made through contact.

Kepekley23 said:
Aura prevents physical attacks, not hax. Considering the fact that those with their aura on are still able to feel pain and heat, I doubt it will be able to protect from mindhax made through contact.
Heat, i.e. transference of energy can happen over most kinds of physical mediums, tbh. You'll still feel a bit of chill putting dry ice next to insulated clothing.

Still feeling pain does put more doubt on my opinion.

Where exactly do we hear about Aura's function as a full-body forcefield?

No, it's not. It's done through physical contact, which Aura doesn't block. Users of Aura can still feel pain, heat, etc.

@Kep Aura is a forcefield that acts as armor. If youre hit in the stomach with a baseball bat while wearing armor you'd still feel the impact but the bat wouldnt touch you. The same applies here. Aura blocks the contact part of the attack but not damage.

Gargoyle One said:
Can someone convince me how Bright doesn't stomp?
Yang goes for a long distance shootout as opposed to a CQC scenario.

Unlikely, but it makes this desisive as opposed to a stomp.

@Weekly

Complete opposite. Aura blocks damage, not contact. Bright touches her and she gets wiped because Aura doesn't have any feats for mind hax.

@Kep No, Aura has consistently shown to block contact but not damage. Its how guys like Flynt can take a swim in lava and be physically undamaged but still feel the pain of the lava.

I'm starting to see Kep's point here. It lessens damage as opposed to contact, that makes sense given what we see in the series, with how characters can get scratches and wounds while not having their aura shatter entirely.

No characte rin RWBY has ever once gotten a physical injury while their aura is up other than Jaune who had no idea how to use aura

@Weekly

That...doesn't make much sense. If he is able to feel it's because it made contact. It doesn't damage him, but makes contact and his skin visibly reacts to it.

@Kep Think of it like this: Punch a wall, then put wallpaper on the wall and punch the wall. Youre damaging the wall itself but youre touching the wallpaper, not the wall. Aura operates in the same manner.

Aura users still get harmed by the force of attacks, but the attacks themselves do not make contact with the aura users

Except I am touching the wall because a wallpaper is extremely thin and my arm can still get a reaction out of it.

Show me a character who resists contact based mindhax because they wear clothes

@Kep No, youre not touching the wall, youre touching the wallpaper that is covering the wall but damaging the wall behind the wallpaper

Armor, which can be considered clothing, is exactly that. Also, both are a physical impediment to direct contact.

@Dargoo The trailers and most of the early episodes of Volume 1 were before a lot of the later concepts of the series existed. Hell Cinder's Maiden powers didnt even exist until volume 3

That trailer came out before Aura as a mechanic in the show was created

There are still dozens of examples of getting hurt with Aura on, see every electricity scene

I mean electricity isn't exactly a spiritual concept, and mindhax isn't exactly a physical one, in this case.

Aura users can still feel the sensation of being electrocuted, the heat of fire and lava, and the cold of ice, but those things in and of themselves cannot cause physical damage to them until their aura is down

Physical based mindhax in the sense of playing around with hormones, or neurotransmitters, or electric signals, which this has no indications of being. Perhaps I should have said biological instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back