• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downstreamers first key Re-Upgrade

Okay, so Brane cosmologies are proof of higher dimensions being superior right?

Because

"It seems that the whole universe, atoms and people and stars, is generated from the wriggling of a membrane floating in 11-dimensional space. One of those dimensions is collapsed down, rolled up to a tube, and the way the membrane wraps itself around that tube generates the properties of the particles and forces we see around us. This is the M-theory: the new theory of everything. The M, it seems, stands for 'membrane', but as far as I'm concerned it could equally be 'mirrors' as in 'smoke and'. They teach this stuff in the high schools now. Science has come a long way since I flunked geometry."

Now this is just 10-D since one of them is compact right? Well...

"It seems that old membrane can wrap itself up in two ways. A single loop generates energy levels from modes of vibration, like a violin string. Or the membrane can wind itself around the tube many times, and the number of turns gives you energy levels, like coils around an armature. One wrapping mode describes the large-scale structure of the universe. The other mode describes small-scale energy structures, such as those of an electron. But here's the catch: when the tube is middle-sized, the vibration modes look the same as the wrapping modes. That means that the universe on very small scales looks the same as it does on large scales. This is called duality. For instance, electron charge by one description is equivalent to the size of things in another."

Tho weren't they supposed to lose the High 1-B durability

The explanation flew over my head (I'm too stupid *sad* )

But is there any evidence why this Upgrade is applicable to First Key?

Does this universe appear on the Age before Old Ones?

Can somebody summarise what needs to be done here and why please?

Well, I think that we only count it as such if all of the dimensions are infinite in size, not microscopic, or if the setting in question explicitly treats higher dimensions as qualitatively superior.

I already wrote how dimensions work with membranes in the post, and the book is written by an actual physicist. Although Ultima says this would only count if they can effect the membrane itself directly.

I think that we only count destroying universal space-time continuums as Low 2-C. My apologies.

You can ask Ultima to comment here.

I personally think that counting this as High 1-C might set a very bad precedent though.

I'll ask him to comment, but he did say a couple days ago that this is proof of a High 1-C structure that contains the universe, but that Doesent mean the universe is High 1-C

"I personally think that counting this as High 1-C might set a very bad precedent though."

I agree that if it was just "the universe is 11-D and x character can destroy it" then it shouldn't be allowed, but this is a bit more than that.

I'll ask ultima

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
I already wrote how dimensions work with membranes in the post, and the book is written by an actual physicist. Although Ultima says this would only count if they can effect the membrane itself directly.
That's not exactly what I said. I said that affecting the entirety of the Bulkspace in which the Branes are embedded would be a High 1-C feat, since it is the 11-dimensional thing in this case, not specifically the Membrane which contains the universe. We don't get any information on its dimensionality, reading those excerpts, so it could very well be a 3-Brane for instance.

Then... that kinda describes the possibility of this being legit, since while Post-PCV Downstreamers definitely could effect the bulk space, i don't think Pre-FCV explicitly can

Thank you for helping out Ultima.

@Zach

Could they affect the entirety of the bulkspace?

Back