• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrading Mario/Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.
LordXcano said:
Kirby is listed as Large Star Level+ for having a move equivalent to a black hole. So Bowser surviving 2 black holes would also make him Large Star Level+ in durability if I'm correct.
might i add kirby should be at least universe level (3-A) because he defeated a universal being magolor who is universe level so he should be changed. and the galaxies are not small if you look at the background the are the same size as real planets and galaxies he's talking about the planetoids where mario flies at. those are not the galaxies. mario is multi-galaxy because he defeated bowser who can create and destroy galaxies. and kirby's tier should be higher like 3-A Antvasima because it too low for the star warrior kirby and Mario and Bowser should stay the same because their legit. Happy holidays :0)

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
might i add kirby should be at least universe level (3-A) because he defeated a universal being magolor who is universe level so he should be changed. and the galaxies are not small if you look at the background the are the same size as real planets and galaxies he's talking about the planetoids where mario flies at. those are not the galaxies. mario is multi-galaxy because he defeated bowser who can create and destroy galaxies. and kirby's tier should be higher like 3-A Antvasima because it too low for the star warrior kirby and Mario and Bowser should stay the same because their legit. Happy holidays :0)
Kirby is not 3-A, and Magolor is a pretty massive outlier. He's like the Solaris of the Kirby verse.

LordXcano said:
I think we're forgetting that so far DRB has defended Bowser (with the Grand Star) being galactic, not Mario, so he's still up for the downgrade.
EDIT: Thought I should say that galaxies in Mario aren't real galaxies unless they're shown to be. First world in SMG2 takes place in a Solar System but they still call the levels "galaxies". They're closer to very small countries, maybe a mountain range. It's incredibly evident they aren't the full several billion star filled monsters they are in real life.

EDIT 2: The Prima Guide was made by Fletcher Black, who, notably, does not appear to work for Nintendo. So no, it wouldn't be canon.

You are solely judging based on the path we navigated in the galaxy. Not the entire galaxy itself. How can levels where multiple stars and planets in the background of these levels such as Space Station Galaxy be deemed as mountain level? The game itself acknowledges them as galaxies several times. And for the record, Lumas can turn into stars and galaxies confirmed in both SMG1 and SMG2. So, yes there are.

Well, in that case we have put back the supernova feat then since it was the source that debunked it in the first place. Plus, I believe it has the Nintendo Seal of Approval.

@Crossverse Crisis No. If you wish to downgrade Mario, fine. But Bowser's stats with the Grand Star are staying since his feats are more than justified.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Kirby has nothing to do with this thread so yeah.

Bowser never creates or destroys galaxies, he makes the planetoids. Not once does he ever conjur up something in the shape of a galaxy, as badass as that would be.

As for looking in the background...

You can see that in levels that take place in space, where you would expect to see stars and such. But the level itself gives a picture of the planetoid, names the planetoid, then adds "galaxy" to the end.

Then there are levels where you can't see other stars, because there's a nice bright sky and a sun, yet the thing you're standing on is still called a "galaxy".

Dino Ranger Black said:
You are solely judging based on the path we navigated in the galaxy. Not the entire galaxy itself. How can levels where multiple stars and planets in the background of these levels such as Space Station Galaxy be deemed as mountain level? The game itself acknowledges them as galaxies several times. And for the record, Lumas can turn into stars and galaxies confirmed in both SMG1 and SMG2. So, yes there are.

Well, in that case we have put back the supernova feat then since it was the source that debunked it in the first place. Plus, I believe it has the Nintendo Seal of Approval.

@Crossverse Crisis No. If you wish to downgrade Mario, fine. But Bowser's stats with the Grand Star are staying since his feats are more than justified.
I'm judging the galaxy level stuff based on the fact that World 1 is literally Mario going from one end of the system to another while landing down in "galaxies". As I said above, do you not expect to see stars in space?

The Lumas turning into galaxies (although I only remember planetoids, it might've been at the end of the game) would be a feat for the Lumas, not Bowser/Mario.

Looking at a pic of the Prima Guide on Amazon, it does have the Seal of Approval. But the Seal isn't saying "this is canon" the full name is "The Nintendo Seal of Quality". That's just them going "yes this is a good book".

LordXcano said:
NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Kirby has nothing to do with this thread so yeah.
Bowser never creates or destroys galaxies, he makes the planetoids. Not once does he ever conjur up something in the shape of a galaxy, as badass as that would be.

As for looking in the background...

You can see that in levels that take place in space, where you would expect to see stars and such. But the level itself gives a picture of the planetoid, names the planetoid, then adds "galaxy" to the end.

Then there are levels where you can't see other stars, because there's a nice bright sky and a sun, yet the thing you're standing on is still called a "galaxy".

And Siruis never destroying planet's with his black hole. That doesn't stop him from getting his SS stats, does it? You are being confused again because I never said Bowser created a galaxy and where did you get the planetiod from? Bowser clearly did, he overpowered the black hole containing several galaxies already. And add in everything I mentioned previously and yeah. The main flaw in your arguement is that you are using simply the areas the player are limited to traverse across and mistaken the actual location to be smaller by that. It's aburd to think location that houses several stars to be mountain level. The scaling, honestly, is much worse than the stats you have an issue with now.

That doesn't change the fact the galaxies does indeed have stars. And you never heard of a HUB world before? If you noticed, from travelling between the HUB and levels, the level background changes. If they were just 'planetiods', the background wouldn't change futher proving the are galaxies.

"And Siruis never destroying planet's with his black hole. That doesn't stop him from getting his SS stats, does it? You are being confused again because I never said Bowser created a galaxy and where did you get the planetiod from? Bowser clearly did, he overpowered the black hole containing several galaxies already."

I know that making a black hole automatically puts you at a certain level despite what you've done with it. I don't think I said otherwise? First off, didn't he fail in making a galaxy? Wasn't that his plan throughout all of SMG1? The "overpowering a black hole that contained several galaxies" works on the underlying assumption that Mario galaxies = real galaxies, which they don't.

"That doesn't change the fact the galaxies does indeed have stars. And you never heard of a HUB world before? If you noticed, from travelling between the HUB and levels, the level background changes. If they were just 'planetiods', the background wouldn't change futher proving the are galaxies."

I never said galaxies don't have stars. What I was using stars as evidence that the "galaxies" in Mario are real isn't a very good supporting piece, since you expect to see stars in space anyway. I can see stars from Earth but that doesn't mean Earth is a galaxy. The HUB changes because you go farther out as you travel, there's even wormholes you go into at the end of each world showing this. That provides nothing to prove that Mario galaxies = real ones.

"The main flaw in your arguement is that you are using simply the areas the player are limited to traverse across and mistaken the actual location to be smaller by that. It's aburd to think location that houses several stars to be mountain level. The scaling, honestly, is much worse than the stats you have an issue with now."

You still haven't addressed the fact that world 1 is a Solar System with several galaxies in it, which is a big point against Mario galaxies equalling real ones.

Antvasima said:
I think that LordXcano has a point about the "galaxies" being extremely small.

Except he only thinks they are small because he is judging them from a HUB world perspective and the areas players are limited to traverse across. It will be like calling Popstar a country for similar reasons since the HUB features Popstar in a smaller format. We clearly see multiple stars and actual size planets in the background in most of these galaxies and the intro to the game as well. Calling them Mountain level is actually downplay in his part.

My real query is why Galaxy Mario and base are treated like differnt incarnations, epecially since only Paper Mario has been confirmed as a different version.

Dino Ranger Black said:
Except he only thinks they are small because he is judging them from a HUB world perspective and the areas players are limited to traverse across. It will be like calling Popstar a country for similar reasons since the HUB features Popstar in a smaller format. We clearly see multiple stars and actual size planets in the background in most of these galaxies and the intro to the game as well. Calling them Mountain level is actually downplay in his part.
That... isn't what I'm saying at all

This is more akin to calling Popstar a universe and then a game showing it in orbit around a star.

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/26/Space_Junk_Galaxy.PNG

"Galaxy" with an asteroid field behind in in orbit in a Solar System-esque fashion

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/b/b5/Buoy_Base_Galaxy.PNG

Another "galaxy" in orbit with an asteroid field behind it

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/4/40/Matter_Splatter_Galaxy.PNG

Even

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/9/98/Bonefin_Galaxy.PNG

More

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/9/9d/Freezeflame.png

Asteroids

I'm using the fact that they are small in-game and in the hub world to show they aren't actually galaxies.

Ya know there's always the possibility that you don't actually go though and see the whole galaxy, just certain parts of it to get the Power Stars where they are located. Just a thought.

LordXcano said:
"And Siruis never destroying planet's with his black hole. That doesn't stop him from getting his SS stats, does it? You are being confused again because I never said Bowser created a galaxy and where did you get the planetiod from? Bowser clearly did, he overpowered the black hole containing several galaxies already."
I know that making a black hole automatically puts you at a certain level despite what you've done with it. I don't think I said otherwise? First off, didn't he fail in making a galaxy? Wasn't that his plan throughout all of SMG1? The "overpowering a black hole that contained several galaxies" works on the underlying assumption that Mario galaxies = real galaxies, which they don't.

"That doesn't change the fact the galaxies does indeed have stars. And you never heard of a HUB world before? If you noticed, from travelling between the HUB and levels, the level background changes. If they were just 'planetiods', the background wouldn't change futher proving the are galaxies."

I never said galaxies don't have stars. What I was using stars as evidence that the "galaxies" in Mario are real isn't a very good supporting piece, since you expect to see stars in space anyway. I can see stars from Earth but that doesn't mean Earth is a galaxy. The HUB changes because you go farther out as you travel, there's even wormholes you go into at the end of each world showing this. That provides nothing to prove that Mario galaxies = real ones.

"The main flaw in your arguement is that you are using simply the areas the player are limited to traverse across and mistaken the actual location to be smaller by that. It's aburd to think location that houses several stars to be mountain level. The scaling, honestly, is much worse than the stats you have an issue with now."

You still haven't addressed the fact that world 1 is a Solar System with several galaxies in it, which is a big point against Mario galaxies equalling real ones.

Once again, you are mixing up events btw the games. I'm beginning to see why you are confused. Again, that was in SMG1 and it's with the Galaxy Generator with prep, not himself. He never attempted that in SMG2. And still haven't addressed why Bowser's feat

Meanwhile, we don't see stars or galaxies in Sammer Kingdom in SPM. Unless you are telling me it's not a universe, then there. Unless they aren't addressed, you shouldn't judge the size of a location due to what you are limited in travelling in. And there are no wormholes used in traveling the galaxies within the worlds. Only to other sections of the universe.

It's really for design, it's a fictional franchise after all. And if you wish to get technical, World 4 and 5 featured galaxy clusters.

@Pikachu Yeah, that's essentially what we've been talking about

"Once again, you are mixing up events btw the games. I'm beginning to see why you are confused. Again, that was in SMG1 and it's with the Galaxy Generator with prep, not himself. He never attempted that in SMG2. And still haven't addressed why Bowser's feat"

I didn't mix up anything? He never made a galaxy, which is something that someone claimed he did. The only time he attempted that was in SMG1, which required prep and he failed in doing. As you say, he never tries in SMG2, so wouldn't this be conceding?

"Meanwhile, we don't see stars or galaxies in Sammer Kingdom in SPM. Unless you are telling me it's not a universe, then there. Unless they aren't addressed, you shouldn't judge the size of a location due to what you are limited in travelling in. And there are no wormholes used in traveling the galaxies within the worlds. Only to other sections of the universe."

Well, SPM is a literal book so it's not really relevant to this. It's kinda hard to accept "Space Junk Galaxy" as being a galaxy when it's just a bunch of space junk shown in orbit. There's no indication that it's actually the size of the galaxy. I know it isn't official, but even the wiki says that the galaxies are much smaller than they are IRL.

I know that you use it to travel to other sections, I never said it didn't?

"And if you wish to get technical, World 4 and 5 featured galaxy clusters."

That just means that galaxies exist, which I wasn't doubting. What I'm doubting is that the 3-4 planetoids shown in orbit around what is presumably a star somehow encompas entire galaxies and that by Bowser consuming these planetoids he is also galaxy level.

LordXcano said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
That... isn't what I'm saying at all
This is more akin to calling Popstar a universe and then a game showing it in orbit around a star.

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/26/Space_Junk_Galaxy.PNG

"Galaxy" with an asteroid field behind in in orbit in a Solar System-esque fashion

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/b/b5/Buoy_Base_Galaxy.PNG

Another "galaxy" in orbit with an asteroid field behind it

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/4/40/Matter_Splatter_Galaxy.PNG

Even

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/9/98/Bonefin_Galaxy.PNG

More

Asteroids

I'm using the fact that they are small in-game and in the hub world to show they aren't actually galaxies.

You are still using that the two flaws I have grown tired of repeating myself in: Judging the size of locations from the limited area the players are allowed to travel in and the HUB World design flaw. Just because Freezeframe is represented as a mountain in the HUB world, you are just assuming it's nothing but a mountain despite the The asteriods aren't even within the galaxies.

Dino Ranger Black said:
You are still using that the two flaws I have grown tired of repeating myself in: Judging the size of locations from the limited area the players are allowed to travel in and the HUB World design flaw. Just because Freezeframe is represented as a mountain in the HUB world, you are just assuming it's nothing but a mountain despite the The asteriods aren't even within the galaxies.
That's also literally the only references we have. Assuming something is a literal galaxy when it is consistently shown to not be that size both in-game and in-HUB just because it is labelled "galaxy" isn't a very strong point.

I'm saying that IRL you only see asteroids in Solar Systems, not in a thousand lightyear long chain surrounding what you're claiming is a galaxy cluster (since with what you're saying these would be several galaxies in orbit around something).

LordXcano said:
@Pikachu Yeah, that's essentially what we've been talking about
"Once again, you are mixing up events btw the games. I'm beginning to see why you are confused. Again, that was in SMG1 and it's with the Galaxy Generator with prep, not himself. He never attempted that in SMG2. And still haven't addressed why Bowser's feat"

I didn't mix up anything? He never made a galaxy, which is something that someone claimed he did. The only time he attempted that was in SMG1, which required prep and he failed in doing. As you say, he never tries in SMG2, so wouldn't this be conceding?

"Meanwhile, we don't see stars or galaxies in Sammer Kingdom in SPM. Unless you are telling me it's not a universe, then there. Unless they aren't addressed, you shouldn't judge the size of a location due to what you are limited in travelling in. And there are no wormholes used in traveling the galaxies within the worlds. Only to other sections of the universe."

Well, SPM is a literal book so it's not really relevant to this. It's kinda hard to accept "Space Junk Galaxy" as being a galaxy when it's just a bunch of space junk shown in orbit. There's no indication that it's actually the size of the galaxy. I know it isn't official, but even the wiki says that the galaxies are much smaller than they are IRL.

I know that you use it to travel to other sections, I never said it didn't?

"And if you wish to get technical, World 4 and 5 featured galaxy clusters."

That just means that galaxies exist, which I wasn't doubting. What I'm doubting is that the 3-4 planetoids shown in orbit around what is presumably a star somehow encompas entire galaxies and that by Bowser consuming these planetoids he is also galaxy level.

And yet, we see stars in those galaxies when there are none in the HUB. Case close.

Dino Ranger Black said:
And yet, we see stars in those galaxies when there are none in the HUB. Case close.
You mean the stars in the background that we also see in the HUB background?

LordXcano said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
That's also literally the only references we have. Assuming something is a literal galaxy when it is consistently shown to not be that size both in-game and in-HUB just because it is labelled "galaxy" isn't a very strong point.
I'm saying that IRL you only see asteroids in Solar Systems, not in a thousand lightyear long chain surrounding what you're claiming is a galaxy cluster (since with what you're saying these would be several galaxies in orbit around something).
No. It's officially noted to be galaxies. You are using the icon that represent the said levels and mistaken it for being smaller than they actually are. Same with the HUB world.

Why is there reason to doubt the name of it literally being galaxy? They could've called them "worlds" or "systems" and still had them make sense as a level name, but galaxies seems specific enough to me.

"Why is there reason to doubt the name of it literally being galaxy? They could've called them "worlds" or "systems" and still had them make sense as a level name, but galaxies seems specific enough to me."

Sounds better + the game has galaxy in the name so it's thematically appropriate

The Big Gete Star isn't a star

LordXcano said:
"No. It's officially noted to be galaxies. You are using the icon that represent the said levels and mistaken it for being smaller than they actually are. Same with the HUB world."
Officially noted in-name only.

"I see none what so ever."

Look at all those stars

I was refering to SMG2's World 4 and 5. You are mixing up the games and using the HUB world fallacy again.

"I was refering to SMG2's World 4 and 5. You are mixing up the games and using the HUB world fallacy again."

All World 4 n' 5 show is that galaxies do exist, that doesn't mean that the places you go to are literal galaxies. Also, there's no such thing as a HUB world fallacy, that's just something you made up.

@MarioFan I wasn't saying anything about his speed, and the link you gave about the galaxies literally says

"Most of the galaxies in Super Mario Galaxy are notably much smaller than real galaxies, often being composed of nothing more than a few small planetoids, most of which come in many different shapes and sizes. In World 4 however, a galaxy proportionate to a real galaxy appears in the background, while in World 5, there is a galaxy supercluster. Smaller galaxies in the games are more comparable to systems such as the Solar System."

LordXcano said:
"I was refering to SMG2's World 4 and 5. You are mixing up the games and using the HUB world fallacy again."
All World 4 n' 5 show is that galaxies do exist, that doesn't mean that the places you go to are literal galaxies. Also, there's no such thing as a HUB world fallacy, that's just something you made up.

Yes, it does. It futher cements the feat from SMG1 where the misuse of the Grand Star destroyed the universe and I didn't make anything up since it doesn't invalidate the major flaw in the reason why you think the galaxies aren't galaxies. You are judging the icon used to represent the said locations in the HUB world and limited locations the player is left to play in the said level and called them mountain level. Sorry but that's a ridiculous amount of downplay on your part.

"Yes, it does. It futher cements the feat from SMG1 where the misuse of the Grand Star destroyed the universe and it doesn't invalidate the major flaw in the reason why you think the galaxies aren't galaxies. You are judging the icon used to represent the said locations in the HUB world and limited locations the player is left to play in the said level and called them mountain level. Sorry but that's a ridiculous amount of downplay on your part."

On the other hand, you have presented no evidence that they are actual galaxies. Currently, the points for them not being galaxies are

* They are extremely small in-game

* They are extremely small in the hubs of both SMG1 and SMG1

The points from being galaxies are

* They have galaxy in the name

LordXcano wrote: "Yes, it does. It futher cements the feat from SMG1 where the misuse of the Grand Star destroyed the universe and it doesn't invalidate the major flaw in the reason why you think the galaxies aren't galaxies. You are judging the icon used to represent the said locations in the HUB world and limited locations the player is left to play in the said level and called them mountain level. Sorry but that's a ridiculous amount of downplay on your part." On the other hand, you have presented no evidence that they are actual galaxies. Currently, the points for them not being galaxies are * They are extremely small in-game * They are extremely small in the hubs of both SMG1 and SMG1 The points from being galaxies are * They have galaxy in the name

I definitely did because apart from being official labelled from characters, the game, and creators themselves, considering the galaxies in World 1, which has a cloudly background, have stars within the galaxies. You haven't, on the other hand. The so called "points" you claiming is you judging the HUB icons which are used to represent the level theme, not the size of it and the restricted areas we are allow to travel in the galaxies in order to get the power stars. You might as well say Popstar is country-sized or the towns in Zelda city-block for similar reasons. It's a major fallacy on your part and the downplay is absulotely ludicrous.

The difference here is that we have evidence for Popstar and Hyrule being planetary.

It doesn't matter what the character's say if the evidence points against it being a real galaxy.

LordXcano said:
The difference here is that we have evidence for Popstar and Hyrule being planetary.
It doesn't matter what the character's say if the evidence points against it being a real galaxy.
I said towns for Zelda's case.

Even the Word of God, right? And again, the evidence have been debunked and dismissed as a fallacy. Speculation and descriptive judgement not equate to actual facts.

LordXcano wrote: The difference here is that we have evidence for Popstar and Hyrule being planetary.

Ive just showed you the links of the galaxies being big and some smaller sized galaxies and some being solar system sizes http://www.mariowiki.com/Galaxy

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Ive just showed you the links of the galaxies being big and some smaller sized galaxies and some being solar system sizes http://www.mariowiki.com/Galaxy
I know about those, we just never see Bowser consume those so I didn't think it was relevant. I'm talking about the levels in-game, not the galaxies in the background (which Dino wouldn't accept anyway because it's a HUB).

"I said towns for Zelda's case.

Even the Word of God, right? And again, the evidence have been debunked and dismissed as a fallacy. Speculation and descriptive judgement not equate to actual facts. "

What alleged Word of God? Also, you haven't debunked anything all you've said is that I'm wrong.

LordXcano said:
NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
I know about those, we just never see Bowser consume those so I didn't think it was relevant. I'm talking about the levels in-game, not the galaxies in the background (which Dino wouldn't accept anyway because it's a HUB).
"I said towns for Zelda's case.

Even the Word of God, right? And again, the evidence have been debunked and dismissed as a fallacy. Speculation and descriptive judgement not equate to actual facts. "

What alleged Word of God? Also, you haven't debunked anything all you've said is that I'm wrong.
I actually have, you just unaware. This argument is equilvalent to claiming the world is flat. Your "evidence" can be summarized as a young boy who thinks Africa's the size of a city just because he saw a map of Africa and visit Lagos and no other place in the continent. Pre-determined paths to collect Power Stars and limited exploration of open enviroments does not evalute the actual size of the location. Speculation =/= Facts

LordX bowser was gonna consume them all but mario stop him like he always does. And the HUB?! who care lol its a map and freeze flame galaxy yea your thinking of the planetoid mountain and again thats the little planet not the galaxy look closer.
Smgimage

"I actually have, you just unaware. This argument is equilvalent to claiming the world is flat. Your "evidence" can be summarized as a young boy who thinks Africa's the size of a city just because he saw a map of Africa and visit Lagos and no other place in the continent. Pre-determined paths to collect Power Stars and limited exploration of open enviroments does not evalute the actual size of the location. Speculation =/= Facts"

Yeah, I know. I've read that before. But your analogy is wrong. This is more akin to a boy in Africa getting a map of Africa and saying that Africa is the size of a continent. I am looking at the map (the HUB) and it shows planets (as shown by NotAMarioFan) in orbit.

@NotAMarioFan Ah, thank you. Planet sized levels would make sense considering the solar system type feel they give with the HUB map.

LordXcano said:
"I actually have, you just unaware. This argument is equilvalent to claiming the world is flat. Your "evidence" can be summarized as a young boy who thinks Africa's the size of a city just because he saw a map of Africa and visit Lagos and no other place in the continent. Pre-determined paths to collect Power Stars and limited exploration of open enviroments does not evalute the actual size of the location. Speculation =/= Facts"
Yeah, I know. I've read that before. But your analogy is wrong. This is more akin to a boy in Africa getting a map of Africa and saying that Africa is the size of a continent. I am looking at the map (the HUB) and it shows planets (as shown by NotAMarioFan) in orbit.

@NotAMarioFan Ah, thank you. Planet sized levels would make sense considering the solar system type feel they give with the HUB map.
When in reality, they are actual galaxies. And way to ignore the other planets near the one represented on the map and the actual size planet in the Freezeflame's background but not seen in the HUB. Like I said, just a boy thinking Africa is a city because of a map and visting one city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back