• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrades for Polokus, The Bubble Dreamer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
So what are the TL;DR conclusions here?
Don't know. Absaddie doesn't seem to agree with my conclusion, but I haven't heard anyone else's opinions on this subject.

What of shaking the the other stars just from the distance of another star or little planetoid? Wouldn't that yield much higher?

Mantidil said:
So anyone else have thoughts on this Polokus thread?
As much as I love the Ray-Man series I have to admit it is rather iffy for a universal being to have such minimal struggles... Apparently there was some other stuff involving the Knarrens from Ray-Man 3: Hoodlum Havoc who in Absaddies words are apparently nigh invincible beings?

Anomalous N I W D E said:
Mantidil said:
So anyone else have thoughts on this Polokus thread?
As much as I love the Ray-Man series I have to admit it is rather iffy for a universal being to have such minimal struggles... Apparently there was some other stuff involving the Knarrens from Ray-Man 3: Hoodlum Havoc who in Absaddies words are apparently nigh invincible beings?
That's correct. It seems like they had some sort of force field over their body most of the time, though there are ways to beat them as shown by the Knaaren Reflux boss fights (and the Sentinel minigame if you take that to be canon)

I wouldn't take it as canon really, why would some random hoodlumbs bombs be able to take out knaaren when Rayman couldn't do it with his best attacks? At least Rayman needed a powerup for Reflux.

And I still stand by Universe level Polokus yes.

I have to unsubscribe due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Absaddie said:
I wouldn't take it as canon really, why would some random hoodlumbs bombs be able to take out knaaren when Rayman couldn't do it with his best attacks? At least Rayman needed a powerup for Reflux.
Fair enough

It might not change your mind, but the Rayman 2 manual seems to conflate "world" with planet in places, such as in Razorbeard's entry:

EFB64CA4-38E2-4761-B743-C6189544E66E

World can be contextual, in that specific context it means planet but it doesn't have to mean planet in Polokus's context.

Absaddie said:
World can be contextual, in that specific context it means planet but it doesn't have to mean planet in Polokus's context.
I mean probably?... Also about the punching feat is it still getting fixed/confirmed? Had me wondering.

Mantidil said:
It might not change your mind, but the Rayman 2 manual seems to conflate "world" with planet in places, such as in Razorbeard's entry:

Interesting, How does he reduce planets to rubble via his ship?

Absaddie said:
I mean probably?... Also about the punching feat is it still getting fixed/confirmed? Had me wondering.
I think the calcs on Tonygameman's calc page is going to be rereviewed soon

Mantidil said:

Interesting, How does he reduce planets to rubble via his ship?
It never says or shows how so idk. Could be a Death Star-esque laser emanating from his ship for all we know.

Rayman 2 manual: Link

Absaddie said:
Y'know thinking about it, Hoodlum weaponry was surprisingly effective against Knaarens. The green plasma cannon on the Armaguiddo was what took down the shields of the Leptys-empowered Reflux and defeated him. And the combat fatigue power-ups originated from Hoodlums also. So there is some precedent.

I think the calcs on Tonygameman's calc page is going to be rereviewed soon

Just wrote it again on a evaluation thread.

If the Rayman calc gets accepted, would you guys be willing to keep Polokus's profile the same but just adding "at least Solar System level" and "Tier: at least 4-B" to the profile for his DC/Durability? Just to compromise since there seems to still be some controversy on downgrading Polokus from universal. Probably could upgrade his speed stat too, to MFTL since Polokus is shown fighting alongside Rayman in the intro of Rayman Origins and likely has comparable combat speed.

Considering he even contributed at all to dreaming up time itself combat speed may not even be applicable for him. His in-action during Origins seems to suggest he's rather apathetic when it comes to helping out at least there. I wouldn't take his caging seriously there.

Mantidil said:
If the Rayman calc gets accepted, would you guys be willing to keep Polokus's profile the same but just adding "at least Solar System level" and "Tier: at least 4-B" to the profile for his DC/Durability? Just to compromise since there seems to still be some controversy on downgrading Polokus from universal. Probably could upgrade his speed stat too, to MFTL since Polokus is shown fighting alongside Rayman in the intro of Rayman Origins and likely has comparable combat speed.
I must say, ThePerpetual's version got accepted and added on Rayman's page (though it keeps Small Country level as a variable tier).

Tonygameman said:
I must say, ThePerpetual's version got accepted and added on Rayman's page (though it keeps Small Country level as a variable tier).
Nice! Though it is a bit strange that it says "Varies" from small country to solar system, but whatever.

Nice! Though it is a bit strange that it says "Varies" from small country to solar system, but whatever.

Yeah but Ray-Man finally got evaluated, Now... Who's up for a Ray-Man vs SSJ3 Goku?

Nice! Though it is a bit strange that it says "Varies" from small country to solar system, but whatever. Yeah but Ray-Man finally got evaluated, Now... Who's up for a Ray-Man vs SSJ3 Goku?
Now this is getting interesting. Stalker Maggot told me on Discord that he'll like to see Rayman fighting Superman (probably Post-Crisis).

Anyway on topic, I just applied downgrade edits on Polokus and Lums.

Now this is getting interesting. Stalker Maggot told me on Discord that he'll like to see Rayman fighting Superman (probably Post-Crisis).
Anyway on topic, I just applied downgrade edits on Polokus and Lums.

Wow, I'm glad to see my arguments seemed to convince some people! Also, thanks for the blog link. Idk if "universal" should be totally removed from the profiles since Absaddie made some valid points. But whatever everyone thinks I guess.

If SSJ3 Goku/Superman vs Rayman is fair, then sure! I think Rayman vs Ristar could also be interesting.

I think separate keys should be made rather than the "varies" thing, Origins is still very likely the earliest point in the Rayman timeline while in 2 he was given "maximum energy" by Polokus to go fight Razorbeard. I'd wager Rayman 3 has the strongest version but not in a different tier or anything from 2's.

The island explosion never got a calc but Rayman there would probably still be above the weakling Rabbids who I have posted a feat for earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back