• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrade of Nonduality type 3 in the aspect of Absolution (Yin Tian Shen Yin)

In The Yin Tian Shen Yin force's page, a Nonduality type 3 is given by this argumentation :

The only interpretation i can Give to that for a many-valued logic system is that "Ambiguity" would be an additional logic system, but without more context, it is impossible to define the meaning of "Ambiguity" here, since it talks about existence dans non-existence, imo "Ambiguity" mean a thing like a "fusion" of existence and Non-existence (Would be 0 and 1 like a nonexistent-physiology Type 3).

Here a little Reminder of the 4 "basic"logical states :
  • A
  • Not A
  • Neither A and Not A
  • A and Not A

With the interpretation i gave to "Ambiguity", the logical state show here would be "A and Not A", which is included in the 4 "basic" logical states.

Quoting the Nonduality page :
Plurality: Characters existing in a nondual state regarding all dual systems within an entire level of reality in a way that makes them exist beyond the classical states of contradiction-allowing logic, instead operating on a many-valued logic system with at least five truth values.

So the problem I see with the argumentation is that there if no thing like 5 logical states but Just Existence (A), Non-Existence (Not A), and Ambiguity (A and Not A). And my thought are that the Nonduality type 3 should be downgrade to Nonduality type 2 (Just like before if I renember).

Agree : Georredannea15, Unqver, RaveeCPN
Disagree : ActuallySpaceMan42, BestMGQScalerEver
Neutral :
Other :
Fixxed (Think that it is not nonduality)

Last edited:
Ambiguity wouldn't be a state of being both A and Not A but it would be a state of you could be either be A or Not A but not necessarily both at the same time.

Ambiguity wouldn't be a state of being both A and Not A but it would be a state of you could be either be A or Not A but not necessarily both at the same time.
Yes, but in the context with the mention of "existence" and "Non-existence" I think that "Ambiguity" would logically means both, but even if it's not, its does not change the result since there are no 5 logical states

Honestly based on that description alone. Dont talk about nonduality, i dont see any duality in there, existence and nonexistence can be a duality but not by default

Just change the description from the profile, it not explanation about nonduality

Honestly based on that description alone. Dont talk about nonduality, i dont see any duality in there, existence and nonexistence can be a duality but not by default

Just change the description from the profile, it not explanation about nonduality
a duality is "A" and "Not A" so in fact Existence and Non-existence would be a duality

This is the number of truth states that would exist.
  1. Existent (1)
  2. Non-existent (0)
  3. Both (1 and 0)
  4. Neither (neither 1 nor 0)
  5. Ambiguity (A)
  6. Existent and Ambiguity (1 and A)
  7. Non-existent and Ambiguity (0 and A)
  8. Both and Ambiguity (1, 0, and A)
  9. Neither and Ambiguity (neither 1, 0, nor A)

1. Existent (1)
  2. Non-existent (0)
  3. Both (1 and 0)
  5. Ambiguity (A)
"Ambiguity' alone without further context would not qualify for a logical system, you have to prove that it can be a values just like True or False, because ambiguity can mean like i said juste something like "A and Not A".

"Ambiguity' alone without further context would not qualify for a logical system, you have to prove that it can be a values just like True or False, because ambiguity can mean like i said juste something like "A and Not A".
There's already something in-verse to what you're describing, it's called the Void, and it existed before the Initial Flame, so it would make no sense for Ambiguity to be it.

There's already something in-verse to what you're describing, it's called the Void, and it existed before the Initial Flame, so it would make no sense for Ambiguity to be it.
It make sens Ambiguity is associated in the sentence to Existence and Non-existence, and proofs are needed to give ambiguity the status of a logical system. You cannot just say that without any context

It make sens Ambiguity is associated in the sentence to Existence and Non-existence, and proofs are needed to give ambiguity the status of a logical system. You cannot just say that without any context
There is context, they are talking about two common dualities, and then mention a third state, that is neither of them. Unless you can prove that Ambiguity is some combination of Existence and Non-Existence, there is no reason to assume it is.

Especially since, as I already stated, the Void, in verse, literally represents things that are both existent and nonexistent and have already been explained.

There is context, they are talking about two common dualities, and then mention a third state, that is neither of them. Unless you can prove that Ambiguity is some combination of Existence and Non-Existence, there is no reason to assume it is.

Especially since, as I already stated, the Void, in verse, literally represents things that are both existent and nonexistent and have already been explained.
The fat that "Ambiguity" (Which is a term used with two propositions) with Existence and Non-existence implies that ambiguity is also linked to existence and non-existence. You cannot just say "It is another logical system" with so little evidence.

The Definition of Ambiguity also confirm my point, it is link to others proposition (existence and Non-existence here)

The fat that "Ambiguity" (Which is a term used with two propositions) with Existence and Non-existence implies that ambiguity is also linked to existence and non-existence. You cannot just say "It is another logical system" with so little evidence.
I'm not stating ambiguity is another logical system, I'm saying it's another logical state. You're assuming Ambiguity means some combination of Existence and Non-Existence's logical states, but have yet to describe what kind of combination it could be, that has not already been described and named in-verse.

Until you provide that, I'm going to have to disagree. You can ask other staff for their opinions, but that's my stance.

Why ? For exemple within a binary system 0 and 1 are accepted as a duality in the nonduality Page
Because we already decided everything that just "like duality", like creation-destruction life-death fire-water, are not by default a duality unless the verse proved it was duality. Like being 2 state in 1 system alone

Because we already decided everything that just "like duality", like creation-destruction life-death fire-water, are not by default a duality unless the verse proved it was duality. Like being 2 state in 1 system alone
it is the case for things like Fire and water because they are not "A and Not A", But existence and non-existence follow this definition, and in the Nep page, it is stated that character with nep 2 often have a form of nonduality because they lack of binary existence

it is the case for things like Fire and water because they are not "A and Not A", But existence and non-existence follow this definition, and in the Nep page, it is stated that character with nep 2 often have a form of nonduality because they lack of binary existence
It will not stated "often" if existence and nonexistence by default are duality

A and not A mean 2 state in 1 system. Existence and nonexistence not always in 1 system like 2 side in the same coin, that two concept can exist independently to each other

To be honest, I don't see anything in the yintianshenyin series that relates to the third category.

1. Existent (1)
  2. Non-existent (0)
  3. Both (1 and 0)
  5. Ambiguity (A)
No, you are wrong on a few of them, dualities cannot be treated as "states of truth", therefore none of them fall under truth states except a few of the ones you mentioned.

"Existence and non-existence" alone can be duality, and that's basically just one duality, that's all. And where there is only one duality, it is not possible to talk about type 3 or type 2 ND, no.

Last edited:
No, you are wrong on a few of them, dualities cannot be treated as "states of truth", therefore none of them fall under truth states except a few of the ones you mentioned.

"Existence and non-existence" alone can be duality, and that's basically just one duality, that's all. And where there is only one duality, it is not possible to talk about type 3 or type 2 ND, no.
Existence and Non-Existence encompass other dualities inverse. Just as the opposite of fire, is not-fire, and the opposite of light, is not-light (darkness). Also 0 & 1, Existence & Non-Existence, Yes & No, it's all information.
The countless calculation circuits in his body that represented'zero', 'one', 'existence', 'non-existence', 'yes', and 'no' formed his conjured physique.

Last edited:
Existence and Non-Existence encompass other dualities inverse. Just as the opposite of fire, is not-fire, and the opposite of light, is not-light (darkness). Also 0 & 1, Existence & Non-Existence, Yes & No, it's all information
Then it would be type 2 because what I've ticked cannot basically apply to the truth states. For example, if you use a concept in duality for a truth state, you cannot use it in another duality.

Like what you've done here
  1. Existent (1)
  2. Non-existent (0)
  3. Both (1 and 0)
  5. Ambiguity (A)
Besides, being opposite in existence and non-existence alone is basically a requirement of duality anyway. It's just like the two sides of a coin, so the parts that you mark as "1" and "0" cannot really be counted as ruth states.

Only two truth states suitable for this

Then it would be type 2 because what I've ticked cannot basically apply to the truth states. For example, if you use a concept in duality for a truth state, you cannot use it in another duality.

Like what you've done here

Besides, being opposite in existence and non-existence alone is basically a requirement of duality anyway. It's just like the two sides of a coin, so the parts that you mark as "1" and "0" cannot really be counted as ruth states.

Only two truth states suitable for this
I'm not going to lie, I didn't understand a word you just said.

There is a whole duality system on the verse, not just Existence and Nonexistence as its basis, as its included in them. Disagree for OP, be right back.

Alright, I'm going to break down my argument since I was being lazy earlier.

The Flame that scorched Chaos had created the concept of Existence. A world with endless possibilities and infinite universes were created from that concept as well.
  • The Initial Flame created, everything, including the Concept of Existence and by extension, everything else. And we know, it created every form of existent, and non-existent duality because it's stated as much;
The existence of "Fire" differentiated existences and void, order and chaos, light and darkness.
  • So, it separated all existences and void, But, how do we know this includes dualities?
Thus, fire was born from nothingness, its light illuminating the Void and separating all things and concepts so that, for the first time, life and death, darkness and light were sundered.
  • Well, it's said that its differentiation, not only affected all things, but also all concepts. This created dualities like life and death, darkness and, light. But, that doesn't inherently mean their dualities, right? Well, as listed above, the Initial Flame differentiated order and chaos.
Chaos and Order are akin to two opposing poles. One darkness one light, one to be ignited into new Flames of Order, the other slowly dying and reclaimed by Chaos devoid of Order-such was the predetermined cycle of the Multiverse.
Balance is order and imbalance is chaos.
  • Well, Chaos and Order are directly stated to be opposing poles, just like darkness and light, existing in a cycle. One represents balance, and the other is imbalance.

• Ok, so we know, the Initial Flame created duality. But what about things that are non-dual?
It disturbed the primitive balance, divided heated and unheated, light and darkness, and naturally life and death.
Neither was there death nor life, light nor darkness-cold and warmth intertwined, Order and Chaos fused. Indeed, there was not even a clear boundary between existence and nothingness.
  • Well, it's directly stated that the Initial Flame created, divisions and boundaries in the first place.
The divide between light and darkness, the border between life and death, the threshold between coldness and warmth all things were falling into the opaqueness of Chaos and nonexistence of the Void.
  • And the Void is quite literally, what happens when all boundaries, borders, thresholds, divides, etc, disappear.
There was also a will wandering in the void, in the realm between existence and non-existence,letting out a grand and distant voice.
  • So, the Void is quite literally non-dual. it is something that is neither, existent, nor non-existent, it has no dualities.

• Ok, so based on what we've covered. The Initial Flame created duality and the divisions between every form of dual concept. On the other hand, the Void is what happens when all concepts, dualities, and divisions are one, and is neither one nor the other. So, is the Initial Flame dual, or non-dual?
No, it was deeper than the Void, where the entanglement of karma was, the origin of the world.
  • Neither, the Initial Flame exists on a level, deeper than the Void. And since we already covered Duality and Non-Duality, there's only one last thing the Initial Flame could be.
The origin of the world formed from countless information of 'existence', 'non-existence', and 'ambiguity'.
  • It is a plurality, something that 3 different states at the same time.

It is a plurality, something that 3 different states at the same time.
No, plurality is states of truth of a duality, not 3 different cases or something like that.

Existence and non-existence can only have truth states within themselves, "ambiguity" cannot be within this duality's truth states.

1. Existent (1)
  2. Non-existent (0)
  3. Both (1 and 0)
  5. Ambiguity (A)
In short, what I quoted does not apply to truth states where "Ambiguity" is there, because truth states are only between dualities.

For example, chaos and order have truth states, but "life" or any other extra concept cannot fall into these truth states. In short, the truth states between 5 and 9 should not count, because there are "Ambiguity."

Truth States can exist within Plurality, that's the whole concept of many-valued logic.
Plurality and multiple truth states must be in dualities.
Plurality: Characters existing in a nondual state regarding all dual systems within an entire level of reality in a way that makes them exist beyond the classical states of contradiction-allowing logic, instead operating on a many-valued logic system with at least five truth values.
See? They have to be above to multi-valued logic system and these multi-valued systems basically apply to dualities, but you are adding "Ambiguity"" to the existence and non-existence(which is a duality system), something we don't do.

In short, you cannot add "Ambiguity" to a duality system like existence and non-existence, because it is just "one concept" in itself not a system or something like that.
Imagine adding a simple concept to increase the truth states of a duality system such as life and death.

For example, "order", do you think a simple concept that has no relation to this system can be added to the truth states of this duality system? Of course not, the current situation is similar. (I may have made it a bit complicated, i'm sorry)

Plurality and multiple truth states must be in dualities.

See? They have to be above to multi-valued logic system and these multi-valued systems basically apply to dualities, but you are adding "Ambiguity"" to the existence and non-existence(which is a duality system), something we don't do.
It doesn't say they have to be above a many-valued logic system, it says they have to operate ON a many-valued logic system.
In short, you cannot add "Ambiguity" to a duality system like existence and non-existence, because it is just "one concept" in itself not a system or something like that.
Imagine adding a simple concept to increase the truth states of a duality system such as life and death.
I'm not adding anything, the verse stated, that ambiguity is another state. If a verse want's to make up a third state, they can, there are no hard-set rules when it comes to fiction.

It doesn't say they have to be above a many-valued logic system, it says they have to operate ON a many-valued logic system.
I think you don't understand, what I mean is that duality systems need to work on multiple truth states, and a character with type 3 needs to exist on above of them.
I'm not adding anything, the verse stated, that ambiguity is another state. If a verse want's to make up a third state, they can, there are no hard-set rules when it comes to fiction.
Yes, it's fiction, it can do this, but the fact that it doesn't mean that it fits to type 3, because the page says that "duality systems/systems" must work on truth states, the fact that a single and simple concept on the truth state of this system doesn't mean that this concept can be count for different truth states for this system/systems, because this thing is not even a system, just a simple concept

I think you don't understand, what I mean is that duality systems need to work on multiple truth states, and a character with type 3 needs to exist on above of them.
A single duality only needs two truth states, 0 and 1. The act of existing in both, 0 & 1, or neither 0 & 1 is General Nonduality. (The Void In-Verse)
Characters existing in a nondual state regarding all dual systems within an entire level of reality in a way that makes them occupy both or neither state of the dualities in question.
A type 3, would be;
  • Not 1
  • Not 0
  • Not 1 & 0
  • Not Neither 1 & 0
instead existing in a state one can't describe using simple combinations of A and not A
Ambiguity is not a combination of Existence or Non-Existence, therefor Type 3.

A single duality only needs two truth states, 0 and 1. The act of existing in both, 0 & 1, or neither 0 & 1 is General Nonduality. (The Void In-Verse)

A type 3, would be;
  • Not 1
  • Not 0
  • Not 1 & 0
  • Not Neither 1 & 0
Ambiguity is not a combination of Existence or Non-Existence, therefor Type 3.
And if you take that out, the truth states you have is not enough for type 3, because the first 3 states you listed are basically just what is necessary for a duality to exist. Like two sides of a coin, the Medallion is like the obverse and the reverse, and is like both at the same time.

This is one of the conditions of a duality anyway, so I don't understand why you count these as truth cases in the first place

• The Initial Flame created, everything, including the Concept of Existence and by extension, everything else. And we know, it created every form of existent, and non-existent duality because it's stated as much;

• So, it separated all existences and void, But, how do we know this includes dualities?

• Well, it's said that its differentiation, not only affected all things, but also all concepts. This created dualities like life and death, darkness and, light. But, that doesn't inherently mean their dualities, right? Well, as listed above, the Initial Flame differentiated order and chaos.

• Well, Chaos and Order are directly stated to be opposing poles, just like darkness and light, existing in a cycle. One represents balance, and the other is imbalance.

• Ok, so we know, the Initial Flame created duality. But what about things that are non-dual?

• Well, it's directly stated that the Initial Flame created, divisions and boundaries in the first place.

• And the Void is quite literally, what happens when all boundaries, borders, thresholds, divides, etc, disappear.

• So, the Void is quite literally non-dual. it is something that is neither, existent, nor non-existent, it has no dualities.

• Ok, so based on what we've covered. The Initial Flame created duality and the divisions between every form of dual concept. On the other hand, the Void is what happens when all concepts, dualities, and divisions are one, and is neither one nor the other. So, is the Initial Flame dual, or non-dual?

• Neither, the Initial Flame exists on a level, deeper than the Void. And since we already covered Duality and Non-Duality, there's only one last thing the Initial Flame could be.

If I'm not crazy, the void is also stated to be between Existence and Non-existence so Ambiguity can again refer to a state related to this duality by any mean.

而有一个意志游荡在虚空里,在介于存在和不存在的境界中,发出了宏大而悠远的声音.And there is a will wandering in the void, making a grand and distant sound in the realm between existence and non-existence.

And Even if Ambiguity is not related to Existence and Non-existence, I don't see why it would be an annitional Logical states, because a truth Value is a value indicating the relation of a proposition to truth, which in classical logic has only two possible values (true or false). Adding a state not related to a duality as nothing to do with a truth Value, since we have no proof that "Ambiguity" can be a value like ⊤ or ⊥. It is at best just a concept not related to existence and Non-existence and have nothing to do with many-valued Logic.

If I'm not crazy, the void is also stated to be between Existence and Non-existence so Ambiguity can again refer to a state related to this duality by any mean.

而有一个意志游荡在虚空里,在介于存在和不存在的境界中,发出了宏大而悠远的声音.And there is a will wandering in the void, making a grand and distant sound in the realm between existence and non-existence.

And Even if Ambiguity is not related to Existence and Non-existence, I don't see why it would be an annitional Logical states, because a truth Value is a value indicating the relation of a proposition to truth, which in classical logic has only two possible values (true or false). Adding a state not related to a duality as nothing to do with a truth Value, since we have no proof that "Ambiguity" can be a value like ⊤ or ⊥. It is at best just a concept not related to existence and Non-existence and have nothing to do with many-valued Logic.
Actually I've been saying this from the beginning

The Initial Flame did not create the Void, and the Void is not made of Information, so Ambiguity can't refer to a state related to it.
Why would ambiguity be mentioned next to existence and non-existence, two things that have been explained time and time again, to be dualities, if not for the fact it was an additional state? That would literally make no sense.

The Initial Flame did not create the Void, and the Void is not made of Information, so Ambiguity can't refer to a state related to it.

Why would ambiguity be mentioned next to existence and non-existence, two things that have been explained time and time again, to be dualities, if not for the fact it was an additional state? That would literally make no sense.
What i'm trying to say is that it can refer to Existence and Non-existence since the term "Ambiguity" is if i take the definition related to propositions. And Even if it's not, Ambiguity would just be something outside the duality of Existence and Non-existence without being an additional Truth Value, but something a truth Value can refer to.

Exemple : proposition : Humans Exists

First possibility : ⊤ (True, they are existent)
Second possibility : ⊥ (False, they are Non-existent or ambiguous)

If Humans does not exist because they are ambiguous, Ambiguity is not a truth Value, it is just a state of Being, so the reponse in this case would be : (False, They does not exist, since they are ambiguous)

What i'm trying to say is that it can refer to Existence and Non-existence since the term "Ambiguity" is if i take the definition related to propositions. And Even if it's not, Ambiguity would just be something outside the duality of Existence and Non-existence without being an additional Truth Value, but something a truth Value can refer to.
Strictly speaking, that's what I meant, because these "truth" cases only apply for systems not for spesific concepts like "Ambiguity". And this is just a simple concept that by itself has no bearing on these situations

Back