• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Kkapoios said:
1.In-game ratings are game mechanics and have nothing to do with a weapon's or armor's true power.
2.The shield is somewhat related to Auriel a 2-A being (though i'm not sure how much since i haven't seen it being mentioned in the lore)
It's not just related to Auriel, it's also an artifact that was made by Anuiel, a high 2-A character. The shield was used by Auriel in his war against Lorkhan in Merethic Era

Banci Ki said:
It's not just related to Auriel, it's also an artifact that was made by Anuiel, a high 2-A character. The shield was used by Auriel in his war against Lorkhan in Merethic Era
But does it have any actual feats except "It was made by Auriel to fight Lorkhan."? It isn't really useful in a debate.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Banci Ki said:
But does it have any actual feats except "It was made by Auriel to fight Lorkhan."? It isn't really useful in a debate.

Do you know Lorkhan? He's a tier 2 character, Auriel's shield was designed to be able to withstand Lorkhan's power which means Auriel's shield has a durability of tier 2 AP. Now, i won't say that "Auriel's shield is nigh-invunerable, and that attacks from 3-A characters can't destroy it." But from that feat it's clear that Auriel's shield power is pretty powerful to absorb Ea or nearly all Ea's power.

Banci Ki said:
Do you know Lorkhan? He's a tier 2 character, Auriel's shield was designed to be able to withstand Lorkhan's power which means Auriel's shield has a durability of tier 2 AP. Now, i won't say that "Auriel's shield is nigh-invunerable, and that attacks from 3-A characters can't destroy it." But from that feat it's clear that Auriel's shield power is pretty powerful to absorb Ea or nearly all Ea's power.

When someone says "Ea GG" they refer to Ea's raw damage, but rather its ability. No amount of durability is going to save you from Enuma Elish.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Banci Ki said:
When someone says "Ea GG" they refer to Ea's raw damage, but rather its ability. No amount of durability is going to save you from Enuma Elish.

But the shield's power is to absorb it, not withstand it

1. The tier of Lorkhan doesn't actually matter here. It is said the shield was used to defeat Lorkhan's armies. How powerful exactly are these armies is unknown.

2. The shield says the following: In its resistance to fire and magicka, Auriel's Shield is unsurpassed. Enuma Elish is neither fire nor magicka. It's a vortex of highly pressurized air that rips apart the space.

3. Even if the Shield can block Ea, Dovahkiin still has no answer to the Enkidu Chains. Gil can just root him in place and blast him to oblivion.

EDIT: Also Alduin in considerably weaker than Auriel when he battled Dragonborn. If the shield was that strong, Alduin would've stood no chance in hell defeating Dragonborn.

ScarletFirefly said:
1. The tier of Lorkhan doesn't actually matter here. It is said the shield was used to defeat Lorkhan's armies. How powerful exactly are these armies is unknown.
2. The shield says the following: In its resistance to fire and magicka, Auriel's Shield is unsurpassed. Enuma Elish is neither fire nor magicka. It's a vortex of highly pressurized air that rips apart the space.

3. Even if the Shield can block Ea, Dovahkiin still has no answer to the Enkidu Chains. Gil can just root him in place and blast him to oblivion.

EDIT: Also Alduin in considerably weaker than Auriel when he battled Dragonborn. If the shield was that strong, Alduin would've stood no chance in hell defeating Dragonborn.
1. "Anuiel created the Shield on behalf of Auri-El, who later wielded it in his battle against Lorkhan during Dawn Era"

2. "To defend it's wielder from any attacks it cannot absorb"

3. That's why i say that if the Dovahkiin got hit by Enkidu it's the end. Also, can Enkidu touch intangible being?

We don't know if Dovahkiin actually struggle in his fight against Alduin, the 3 Nord heroes just want to join you. We don't even have a chance to talk to them. Alduin in Sovngarde is considerably more powerful than when we fight him at Throat of the world + the boost that he gets when he's closer to the end of the current Kalpa is pretty significant.

I'm going to sleep, i'm going to continue this debate tommorow

I don't remember Enkidu actually chaining someone who was intagible at that moment, but intagibility and teleportation cannot help you break free from it at least.

Banci Ki said:

3. That's why i say that if the Dovahkiin got hit by Enkidu it's the end. Also, can Enkidu touch intangible being?

We don't know if Dovahkiin actually struggle in his fight against Alduin, the 3 Nord heroes just want to join you. We don't even have a chance to talk to them. Alduin in Sovngarde is considerably more powerful than when we fight him at Throat of the world + the boost that he get when he closer to the end of the current Kalpa is pretty significant.
2. To defend its wielder from any attacks it cannot absorb, the Shield lends him or her health. Don't cut words were it interests you, that's not a good move. Anyways, if the Shield can't absorb Ea and lends Dragonborn health, logically it breaks in the process because it couldn't absorb the attack.

3. It sure can. The chains bind the space around itself as shown when completely nullyfing the Command Spells which is magecraft very close to the True Magic. Also if it couldn't, every Servant and their mother would avoid it by going in Spirit Form. Don't bring up points that are already debunked.

Also Alduin's stats are reflected in his page and are nowhere near close to tier 2 when he fought Dragonborn. Dragonborn is supposed to struggle against Alduin because that's the more logical thing to do. He's not going to just stomp his archenemy to the ground, it's fiction, it's supposed to be cool.

Question is though, would he use it

A) Right away

or

B) Use it at full power?

Ea was never shown at full power before, and since Gilgamesh is his ol' cocky self, he won't use Sha Nagha Imuru right away to know the Dragonborn's abilities, and just opt to sword spamming. In the end, it may be Gilgamesh's cockyness that gets him killed in this fight.

Then questions.

Is PIS and CIS off?

Is Gilgamesh in character, serious or bloodlusted?

Is this a competent Gilgamesh (He will use GoB and all of its items to their fullest effects)?

They are both in character.

Gil will act as if Dovahkiin is just as any other mongrel he has every fought so i'm not sure Gil is competent to go all out especially off the bat.

Don't know what PIS or CIS is though

Xmark12 said:
Ea was never shown at full power before, and since Gilgamesh is his ol' cocky self, he won't use Sha Nagha Imuru right away to know the Dragonborn's abilities, and just opt to sword spamming. In the end, it may be Gilgamesh's cockyness that gets him killed in this fight.
That is not true. Has has used his Clairvoyance before. Thanks to it he is able to predict the exact number of Projections prepared by Shirou. He immediately ruled out a close quarters battle with Assassin thanks to his unparalleled sword skills, and also he toyed with Saber in close combat during Fate, but in UBW he avoids close combat completely after Saber got a power boost from her contract with Rin.

Also he wasn't serious with Shirou because essentially Shirou is a nobody so if is inconceivable for him to defeat Gilgamesh. He didn't underestimate Iskandar in F/Z. I doubt he would dismiss a warrior with the blood and soul of a dragon. He would test him first if he's worthy of Ea, and I don't think Dragonborn can one shot him before it.

Gilgamesh has used the full strength of Ea against Enkidu in Fate/Strange Fake and the World itself collapsed and was sucked into the Void created by the sword. Also he was far stronger than Kiara who was able to swallow a whole planet inside her.

ScarletFirefly said:
Banci Ki said:

We don't know if Dovahkiin actually struggle in his fight against Alduin, the 3 Nord heroes just want to join you. We don't even have a chance to talk to them. Alduin in Sovngarde is considerably more powerful than when we fight him at Throat of the world + the boost that he get when he closer to the end of the current Kalpa is pretty significant.
2. To defend its wielder from any attacks it cannot absorb, the Shield lends him or her health. Don't cut words were it interests you, that's not a good move. Anyways, if the Shield can't absorb Ea and lends Dragonborn health, logically it breaks in the process because it couldn't absorb the attack.

3. It sure can. The chains bind the space around itself as shown when completely nullyfing the Command Spells which is magecraft very close to the True Magic. Also if it couldn't, every Servant and their mother would avoid it by going in Spirit Form. Don't bring up points that are already debunked.

Also Alduin's stats are reflected in his page and are nowhere near close to tier 2 when he fought Dragonborn. Dragonborn is supposed to struggle against Alduin because that's the more logical thing to do. He's not going to just stomp his archenemy to the ground, it's fiction, it's supposed to be cool.
1. "The shield has the ability to absorb the power of blocked attack; this energy can then be released by bashing an opponent with the shield, delivering a devasting pyhsical blow. Its shielding ability is supposedly unsurpassed" It absorb the energy of Ea, and then blow it back at Gilgamesh.

2. Sorry about that, i thought that part was a different enchantment. But still, If you read more, you will realise that the shield's power vary from time to time, not always the same. That's why the enchantment from Arena was different from Skyrim.

3. OK. I didn't know the point has already been debunk

We don't know the timeline m8, don't try to assume things. It could be that the Dovahkiin goes to Sovngarde then fight the Dawnguard, and then kill Miraak or heck, it can be completely different.

EDIT: Become Ethereal description says that Dovahkiin's Thu'um reaches the Void which means that in order for Enkidu to be able to trap Dovahkiin, it needs to reach the Void first.

I'm actually very unsure who would come out on top. Sorry that I'm not any help here. If I had to give it to someone, it would be Gil due to hax resistance, and hax weapons, but I'm very unsure of Dovakiin's things, despite me having owned Skyrim.

Back