• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DougDoug Discussion Thread

I mean i guess so, but really, as of now, we've heard what? Only Pheonks complain about these profiles, the most active users here either didn't mind or found the idea appealing.

So again, don't particularly see the issues but oh well, can't do anything without power eh?

It feels like this is going nowhere and everyone has seemed to quit, so I'm going to give this up

But before I leave to go work on my 100% serious Brandon Sanderson level written fanfiction character that has 12,000 words for just the summary and add them to FC/OC, I want to end with this. This is a website for amature writers. That's the whole point. For AMUTURE writters. I personally feel like somebody that wants nothing but very high quality pages all the time every time probably shouldn't be associated with a site litteraly meant for people that are new to writting. And rather than do something helpful like help the person make better profiles or something, you just delete them, give a shitty explanation, and say "sucks to be you". Hell, they aren't even notified that their page was deleted. I didn't know the 2 Mr Beast profiles were removed until I went to edit my FC/OC profile and saw 2 red links. That's an amazing way to attract people to the site and make them want to stay, delete their profiles, say "low quality lol", don't elaborate further, and leave.

I'm also still going to eventually add the DougDoug D&D characters. Even by staffs logic, they should be perfectly fine. They're characters with pretty in depth backstory, plenty of history, and have a decent story.

Anyways, I'm immature so I'm just going to leave this here:
FUN-POLICE.gif

I don’t know if this is off topic or not, but when it comes to summaries, even on the main vs wiki extremely in depth characters like Armin have really tiny summaries that don’t do justice to them at all

I don’t know if this is off topic or not, but when it comes to summaries, even on the main vs wiki extremely in depth characters like Armin have really tiny summaries that don’t do justice to them at all
This debate isn't going anywhere and it won't go anywhere. Rest young one, save your strength

Different wiki, different purpose. FCOC is not meant to be a wiki where all the focus is on indexing powers and abilities, unlike VSBW. It's supposed to be a wiki that indexes creative writing with the addition of power scaling aspects. Writing should come first. And so, it really doesn't make sense for pages here to have such short descriptions that don't do characters justice.

I'm going to have to apologise for what's happened here. We're discussing what has happened internally and will sort the issue out. I'll get back to this once the matter has been resolved.

If anyone can link all the pages that were deleted in a post. I'll possibly have them restored if the staff agree that they can stay. I apologies again for what has happened.

Hey chat.

I’d like to say that while i am probably coming back due to the deleted profiles being reverted. I am currently not going to be doing anything DougDoug related for a while. If anyone wants to continue progress on the verse be my guest, but i feel like it’d be walking on eggshells currently

Back