• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DougDoug Discussion Thread

i had a small chat with my friend on Discord, she commented on how Ghandi could've been deleted due to him being a fictionalized version of the political figure, though he is explicitly stated to be based on his iteration in Civilization, not the actual person

i had a small chat with my friend on Discord, she commented on how Ghandi could've been deleted due to him being a fictionalized version of the political figure, though he is explicitly stated to be based on his iteration in Civilization, not the actual person
Also how tf does this justify Kirby's deletion?

Lets see if it gets deleted again or not lol

I'm going to wait on adding Kirby just to test the waters and see if Phonks is hunting us down or if we can slip by this time

Lets see if it gets deleted again or not lol
would it be fine if i added some stuff thats missing?

I have a few characters from some short stories I plan on adding. Should I scrap those because they're "not enough content"?

If there's some rule I missed for FC/OC that says a page needs a specific amount of content, then sure, I'll abide. But afaik, no rule exists. And why does it even matter? It's still enough content to make a page

There should be enough substance and content for it to meet the minimum quality standards, which the pages I deleted blatantly did not. Two loosely put together sentences of summary is not "enough content," let alone for me, someone with pretty high standard, to consider this a character worth having on the wiki. Furthermore, I expect things added to be serious works of fiction, not just some AI joke nonsense. Save that for Joke Battles.

This entire "verse" (Using that word loosely) is not suitable for the FC/OC wiki. Thank you.

f*ck it. i'll bite. i know i said i'd stray away from this after the initial discussion, but after noticing that other profiles made by me are gone upsets me more. and just moves my hand to respond to this
There should be enough substance and content for it to meet the minimum quality standards
My guy, characters short horror videos with minimal combat are allowed. Why would we magically cross the line at a video entirely focused on the "who would win a fight" debates with a more comedic edge
Two loosely put together sentences of summary is not "enough content," let alone for me
Okay? If you want a better summary just message me and I'll get around to it sooner or later? And if its "not enough content for you" as you say. Then thats not grounds for deletion. There are plenty of profiles on the wiki that are lacking in content in my eyes. If I was an admin would I be using my power to strike down these profiles? No.

Furthermore, I expect things added to be serious works of fiction, not just some AI joke nonsense. Save that for Joke Battles.
dear god! dare a verse be absurd fun! Yes, the AI Tournament is absurd and goofy. But it's still 100% indexable in a VS standpoint. A series doesn't have to be 100% serious to not be stricken down into the depths of Joke Battles Wiki

The fact that you did all of this without any heads up on the Discord or News and Announcements forum is incredible dumb and honestly unprofessional. This would be one thing if you deleted a page or two because they actually WERE just people shitposting. But you're actively going out of your way to delete dozens of profiles and verses not even a WEEK after your promotion from normal user to admin

Once again, I do not know if this was a massive planned thing involving the entire FC/OC Battles Wiki team. But if it isn't, please undo the deletions. And if you can't, then we'll just remake them. I hope you understand.

I'm not going to entertain this. The verse and character are not indexable for this wiki, and neither are the other things I deleted. I got rid of them for valid reasons. They lacked page content, and were based on things that would be much more fitting on the Joke Battles Wiki.

Do not remake them, thanks.

I do mass-deletions like this every once in a while to clean up the wiki. It's much-needed housekeeping with how many low quality pages we get. I have been doing this since before I even got the content moderator position. I used to be a normal member that went around and gathered hundreds of deletion worthy pages at a time.

Also, just because there are other verses that ALSO shouldn't be here, doesn't mean yours are somehow valid. Lol.

Last edited:
My guy, you're acting like this is some mega serious indexing wiki, it's a wiki, about, ocs 😐

I can understand low quality pages being deleted, but deleting something cause they don't fit your "high and mighty" standards of what is "serious fiction" is ridiculous

I don’t think it’s very fair to remove things people put work into without any other opinion because they don’t match your specific standards. The pages had everything needed to be valid; I could see AP, Classification, Notable Victories, everything. I don’t see why you can just remove stuff people had fun with because you don’t see the point in them. You’re one administrator.

My guy, you're acting like this is some mega serious indexing wiki, it's a wiki, about, ocs 😐
It's a creative wiki about original characters and stories that are supposed to be genuinely interesting and captivating. Not a wiki for AI generated content that was made purely for ***** and giggles. That's more low effort than the most low effort fan fictions on this entire website.

If you don't want a site that takes itself seriously, go to Joke Battle Wiki. Again.

I don’t think it’s very fair to remove things people put work into without any other opinion because they don’t match your specific standards. The pages had everything needed to be “valid”; I could see AP, Classification, Notable Victories, everything. I don’t see why you can just remove stuff people had fun with because you don’t see the point in them. You’re one administrator.
It isn't "my specific standards." If it was then over half of the site would be long gone already. I am going off the general consensus of what is and isn't allowed, across my multiple years of being on this site.

It had 2 sentences of summary and was based on AI content, lol. It didn't have "everything" in the slightest.

It isn't just because I don't see the point of it. It's because it was objectively low quality.

ill just contact someone else about this
Good news, I have already confirmed my view with another administrator.

The AI generated plenty of things that could be used for feats. I can understand not liking AI, but its use in entertainment like that video was good. Good enough for an actual animation to be made around it. What’s the harm in it being AI if real people got enjoyment out of it and it’s not being overly intrusive to the rest of the wiki? There are plenty of characters with simple abilities and not much needed to justify it.

You can still have fun on Joke Battles... Don't see what the issue is.

Joke Battles being dead is no reason to not use it. Why not try and revive it? It could use more activity.

Each wiki has it's own point and purpose. FC/OC is simply not for jokes like this.

I don’t wanna have to move to a new wiki with Chris Chan because characters are being removed from the place I like

But you're actively going out of your way to delete dozens of profiles and verses not even a WEEK after your promotion from normal user to admin
I will abstain from giving an opinion on the matter until a later time, but I would like to correct you that Phoenix has been a moderator for months before he was promoted to admin and has been deleting dozens of pages for a long time now. Most of these deletions have also been quite beneficial to the wiki and I generally agree with his judgment.

Each wiki has it's own point and purpose. FC/OC is simply not for jokes like this.
but they weren't jokes? that's like saying the spongebob profiles on vs battle wiki are jokes because spongebob is a comedy above all else. if they were joke profiles they would be put on joke battles wiki.

you're outright not understanding that our intentions with these profiles were to ACTUALLY USE THEM AS SERIOUS PROFILES and not make jokes as actual debate points. if the issue with the dougdoug profiles was "they use ai generated content" so be it! my issue isn't LIMITED to them. my issue is that all these other pages were deleted. Despite them having genuine storylines. YouTube Poop World is an actual game that builds a story upon the initial jokes its based on.

I could care less if the two Object Shows I powerscaled are gone, I understand that they don't necessarily have stories behind them. But calling them "low quality" , is once again; absurd. If a well structured profile that covers everything it can with the character is low quality. I'd be damned to see what a profile like this would be considered in your eyes

I will abstain from giving an opinion on the matter until a later time, but I would like to correct you that Phoenix has been a moderator for months before he was promoted to admin and has been deleting dozens of pages for a long time now. Most of these deletions have also been quite beneficial to the wiki and I generally agree with his judgment.
I'll say this with 100% seriousness, and I do mean this genuinely:

Who does this benefit? If you want to remove profiles of shitty OCs that haven't been touched in years, be my guest, but when you go deleting profiles we're using for tournaments, or actively building verses upon. I think it becomes an issue.

I don't want to tread on this any longer than I have to. But if a verse has to be completely, 100% serious, you're missing a huge part of some fan works (games, animations, etc.) which you literally build your entire wiki upon. This wiki should be the prime place to have profiles for characters that are parodies of a canon character ALONGSIDE the serious OC stuff.

It's a creative wiki about original characters and stories that are supposed to be genuinely interesting and captivating. Not a wiki for AI generated content that was made purely for ***** and giggles. That's more low effort than the most low effort fan fictions on this entire website.
"Do you like versus debating? What about versus debating with your own original characters, or with characters from fanfiction? Or do you just like developing and sharing your own characters? If so, this is the wiki for you" - FC/OC's homepage, right below the "welcome to FC/OC Vs Battles Wiki" header

I get deleting poor quality pages. I'm all for it. But deleting profiles that are actually well made and have some though put into them just because they come from more silly sources is kind of squandering the whole "developing and sharing your own characters" part

I get deleting the DougDoug profiles, that's fine. But deleting something like the Avocado Animation's Mr. Beast profile? I think most people would say its decently made, and it doesn't even come from a "joke" video. IMO, the videos are genuinely interesting and captivating, and this fanfiction version of Mr. Beast is an interesting and captivating character. How does that not appeal to the above quote?

Also, I would like to take this time to announce my new fanfiction called "Epic Gamer Tournament", featuring Ghandi, Kirby, Link, ect. They all fight in a tournament to see who would win. And the best part, it isn't AI generated because I'm typing it up myself. I think it will be a great addition to FC/OC, and a great place to develop and share these characters

I get deleting the DougDoug profiles, that's fine. But deleting something like the Avocado Animation's Mr. Beast profile? I think most people would say its decently made, and it doesn't even come from a "joke" video. IMO, the videos are genuinely interesting and captivating, and this fanfiction version of Mr. Beast is an interesting and captivating character. How does that not appeal to the above quote?
I'd like to emphasize this paragraph in specific, as dumb as it may sound, Avacado Animation's MrBeast parody is one of the best examples of a parody that fits on FC/OC. It's not a joke as said earlier, while yes the series of videos initially starts with "haha mrbeast but he kills people" it ends with MrBeast going completely off the walls, causing a world destroying event only because of his fame. And there's no jokes at this point, it's a completely serious moment as his friend confronts him, and MrBeast finally realizes the massive mistake he made

If you take away the fact that this is. Y'know, MrBeast. (or can look past the absurdity) It's incredibly captiviating

If a well structured profile that covers everything it can with the character is low quality.
If the "most" you can possibly cover about a character is a couple sentences, they don't belong on FCOC. They are extremely low quality in regards to what this wiki aims to showcase. It's not a question or a debate. I've seen it all in my time here and I can tell you that with certainty.

And to say they aren't jokes is just straight-up disingenuous. I don't know who you are trying to fool.

I'll say this with 100% seriousness, and I do mean this genuinely:

Who does this benefit?
People like me who want FC/OC to be a wiki centered around creative writing, rather than nonsensical garbage like this.

If you want to remove profiles of shitty OCs that haven't been touched in years, be my guest, but when you go deleting profiles we're using for tournaments, or actively building verses upon. I think it becomes an issue.
I don't see it as an issue, and neither do other staff.

I don't want to tread on this any longer than I have to. But if a verse has to be completely, 100% serious, you're missing a huge part of some fan works (games, animations, etc.) which you literally build your entire wiki upon. This wiki should be the prime place to have profiles for characters that are parodies of a canon character ALONGSIDE the serious OC stuff.
Parodies belong on Joke Battles wiki, not FCOC.

Joke profiles do not belong here, but on our sister wiki, the Joke Battles Wiki. What exactly entails a joke profile is debatable, and the minute specifics will ultimately be left up to staff. With this said, try not to make pages for completely parodic, comedic works or YouTube personalities.

Source: The front page.

That has never, and will never be the purpose of FCOC.

The fact that you'd even suggest something like that tells me you have no idea what the purpose of this site even is.

I feel like you’re just blatantly ignoring Unknown’s earlier points. Even if the videos were initially meant to entertain and make people laugh, we’re genuinely trying to debate with them unlike people on Joke Battles. Like said earlier, SpongeBob wasn’t made for vs debates, yet there he is on the wiki. Skibidi Toilet is right there on the front page. How does that not count as an entirely comedic or parodic thing while games with whole storylines that just so happen to be based around memes are? People here are being creative with fun things, that seems like the point of this wiki to me.

Again, just because there's other stuff that shouldn't be on the wiki (which I plan on getting to later after some discussions), that does not mean that stuff like this is suddenly allowed as well.

I will be getting to it all soon enough.

Btw, you can make matches on Joke Battles.

alright, character stats and profiles wiki, anyone?

jokes aside im done with this conversation, its clear the staff involved and I have completely different viewpoints of this wiki, which while yes is completely fine in retrospect, its not good when you're a heavily community based wiki like FC/OC Battles wiki. If this is the hill you want to die on, be my guest, but if this is how higher-ups treat these kind of verses. This isn't a place I want to make profiles on.

Back