• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Double Standards in it's finest (Ra from Egyptian Mythology).

!!!RANTING IN PROCESS!!! I seriously need to point this out because this has been infuriating me for months, maybe more. Considering that this topic will be locked, possibly deleted, I just had to get this out of my system once and for all. So please, excuse me, if I come off a bit frustrated. I do not want to debate (as I have had stopped debating 6-7 months ago) but FFS, please do something about this!

====================
Stats for Ra: .... "Attack Potency: Universe level+ through powerscaling (Should be more powerful than Heh, embodiment of infinity , grandfather of Nu)"

Stats for Asriel (Undertale verse) ... "Attack Potency: Multiverse level ( Dwarfs Photoshop Flowey in power by an infinite amount, who was able to effortlessly create and destroy numerous timelines in his fight against Frisk) | At least Multiverse level (Superior to his previous self by an immense amount, though the exact degree is unknown)"

I already had someone, who I know, telling me, I quote:

"You don't understanding the reason why it's like that

Asriel's stats are confirmed to be Infinite. In a verse where characters like Chara and Omega Flowey can already destroy countless timelines. Infinitely above Multiversal is Multiversal+

Now the reason Ra isn't that strong is because Egyptian Mythology as far as I'm aware lacks a Multiverse and beings who can effectively destroy it. But anyways Ra being infinity itself likely applies to the 4th Dimensional scale given Ra is well everything "

If you are going to use the same argument that the Egyptian Mythology never had a Multiverse, you have to consider this:

1.) It doesn't matter if the Egyptian Mythology has a Multiverse or not. That's downplay. Let me explain why.

Because I'm pretty sure that the Ancient Egyptian never even thought of the possibility of multiple universes and timelines, literally. The concept of Multiverse was created in 1702, where Issac Newton suggested the idea of Multiverse (the earliest), not 3100 BC in Ancient Egypt. So you cannot say that, oh, Asriel is above Ra because UT verse has a Multiverse and the Egyptian Mythology doesn't have a Multiverse.

2.) The Egyptian Mythology has at least 2 Universes (one being the Living Universe and the Underworld), which yes, I know, is very far way from the needed 1000 universes to be considered a Multiverse but still.

3.) My main problem is that you, yourself, stated that Ra is supposed to be above someone who is the embodiment of infinity, and yet, is only Universal+ level? If your argument is that Heh has shown to have only Universal+ level of feat, I'm sorry, but you completely missed the point. Do you think that I will take you seriously (like that guy I quoted earlier) that Ra is bellow Asriel (who is supposed to be infinite) when he is already above someone who is the embodiment of infinity, the physical form of infinity, his own verse? What????

Asriel was infinite compared to tier 2 characters. Heh was infinite compared to his non-tier 2 worshippers.

You made a good point to be honest. Ra should be higher than Universe+. If he created everything as he is stated to have done, that means he made the universe, plus the Duat (Underworld), plus the Aaru (Field of Reeds/Heaven). The Aaru is described as boundless fields of reeds and the Duat should in some manner be similar to the universe in size as there is a river that stretches outside the boundaries of Nut (The Universe/Sky) and into Nu (The Primordial Waters). The Aaru is a separate place from the Underworld, but from one of my sources is stated to be boundless fields of reeds. Not to mention in his prime he single-handedly defeated the chaotic serpent Apophis/Apep by turning into the cat Mau. There's actually a hieroglyphic image of it. Apophis is the same being who is supposed to be capable of destroying the concept of Ma'at that encompasses order, law, truth, justice, etc. Even time follows the concept of Ma'at in the world of Ancient Egypt, and of course the universe is tied to it as well. In fact Ra was the one who made the goddess Ma'at who embodies the concepts mentioned before..

Ra has feats like surpassing his father Nu, the primordial infinite waters. Keep in mind upon creating himself he had already surpassed Nu. Even Nu himself has stated Ra is far beyond him. Ra has also performed the feat of dividing the universe and placing it in an order of his choosing, immediately after creating "millions and millions of stars". The number million in Egyptian mythology is seen as representing infinity itself.

Cropfist said:
Asriel was infinite compared to tier 2 characters. Heh was infinite compared to his non-tier 2 worshippers.
No offense but I don't see a difference between the two, as both are supposed to be infinite. In Heh's defence, it was't specifically said what infinity he represents. When it comes to debating, it's even more vague.

But then again, I do not take the whole "Egytian Mythology doesn't have a Multiverse" mumbo jumbo seriously because that concept didn't even exist yet in Ancient Egypt times, as compared to the times the Undertale game was created. It's just that the points of view in these 2 eras are very different.

I wasn't specifically talking about Asriel. This topic was about Ra. I only used Asriel as a comparison because he resembles Heh in a sense. I legit did not know that he was downgraded because again, I'm not active on the wikis.

Assaltwaffle said:
Asriel is getting downgraded. Can this be closed?
When are the edits to Ra going to be put in? There were quite a few abilities not listed on his profile that should've been there so I made two posts talking about his various feats and powers.

Back