• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomslayer vs Ryüko Matoi

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you think she won't try to close the distance if the BFG's energy streams boil her insides and...nothing else? Won't try to fight in melee at any point, even if it comes to her attention that his guns won't null her powers?

That's what I'm saying here. If she gets hit by the streams and regens from their effects, it's going to occur to her that the gun doesn't null her powers like the ones in her verse do.

Then what will happen? Will she still be afraid to engage him at close range then?

WeeklyBattles said:
Against an opponent with a huge ******* gun? Ranged.
I don't remember her ever scared of a gun, she fought a gunner, and she was almost mocking him, then get a bad beaten from.

She will probably think in maintain the range, but I doutb that she will start flying with air-slashes.

Just watched the part where Doomguy used the BFG on Spider Mastermind and i can say with utmost certainty that this is not vaporization. All he did was blow a huge hole in SM's head.

Even with the fact that the BFG didnt vaporize a Town level character? Meaning Ryuko would likely survive even if she were hit with it?

Sigh...another case of faulty reasoning being used as FRA arguments

Might be best to just remake this

Considering the size of the hole in the mastermind's head, a full power shot should still destroyi most of her body in one shot. The question is if it would destroy enough to go trough the regen

@Kal She's regenned from being bisected and ripped to literal shreds, and Senketsu, Nui, and Ragyo, who all have comparable regen, have all regenned from being cut/torn to tiny pieces. It will take a lot more than that to kill her.

I reeeeally wish people would actually read through the thread first before blindly voting like theyre doing.

Spider Mastermind is likely stronger than Ryuko, so the shot should be able to do more damage.

Therefir said:
Spider Mastermind is likely stronger than Ryuko, so the shot should be able to do more damage.
Not to the point of completely bypassing her regen though. And after surviving it she'd just come back stronger due to her "zenkai".

She isn't being reduced to shreds tho. It's an attack that is pretty much disintegrating the part that is hit.

@Kal No its not, its just blowing a hole in his head, you literally see the chunks flying off of him in the video. The BFG vaporized fodder demons yes but the stronger ones it just blew up.

If the BFG can at least liquidize her, then it should kill her; also, the BDG 9000 does have a massive Area of Effect, at least a 15 meter blast radius. And considering Doomslayer's durability is at least 5x greater than Ryuko's, I don't think Ryuko is going to harm the DS. Doom's punches are actually even stronger than the BFG in canon.

@Dark Proof that it would liquidize her? The radius doesnt mean anything when she would very likely avoid it and would very ikely survive even if it did hit her. And Once Ryuko's Zenkai kicks in that gap is going to close very, VERY fast.

@Kal Am i missing something? I see nothing about vaporization. I see explosions, i see boiling the target's body, but i see nothing that says "The BFG vaporizes everything".

Also, if flesh is boiling it means that it's being vaporized as well (literally the same as water)

Ryuko is a much smaller target with several times less durability than Spider Mastermind, but you're right, the BFG merely pulverized Spider Mastermind as opposed to vaporize. But smaller targets usually require less. Vaporizing a normal human is a 9-A feat, but vaporizing a normal human sized Wall level character is also still a 9-A feat despite having at least 50x greater durability. Vaporizing an elephant for example would be much higher than 300 megajoules; probably at least 30 gigajoules I'd say. Not to mention, cockroaches have Wall level durability, and the energy required to vaporize a cockroach is surprisingly only in th 10-B to 10-A range.

Anyway, no one debunked the holographic projectors Mr King mentioned. He did say that those could distract her while Doomslayer fires multiple BFG 9000 shots.

@Newendigo, that calc came from Doom 3, but Doom 2016 has a blast radius at least that big, and it literally says on this wiki that it vaporizes all non-boss targets within the blast volume.

Kaltias said:
No, it says that the explosion usually follows.
For example here at 2:20. The shot explodes, the enemies are simply disintegrated.
Yeah, fodder wall level enemies, hell apparently there are enemies who can flat out tank the BFG meaning it doesnt just desintegrate everything on contact

Not if it destroy her body entirely, which a good shot could do (granted, he needs a full power shot point blank so it would be hard). The SM itself is tougher than Ryüko, and the AoE of the part completely destroyed is bigger than her own body.

So basically, unless he lands a direct, full powered hit on her, the BFG wont kill her? Meanwhile she'll just keep getting stronger from those body boiling effects doing major damage to her that she regens from, activating her zenkai.

Oh yeah, now that Kal mentioned it, there may be a change for it to vaporize her whole body if Doomslayer manages to shoot her point blank. Also, vaporizing a baseline 7-C character, who is normal human sized, is still a Town level feat.

But yeah, she'll most likely just retreat and it's going to be difficult, but Ryuko won't be able to harm Doomslayer given his durability is far greater than his own BFG 9000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back