• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomslayer vs Ryüko Matoi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read back some? I explained that the Spider Mastermind got most of its head vaporized by a point-blank BFG shot. Unamped.

The Mastermind is weaker than the other bosses (who can tank the BFG's blast and keep going), but it's still Town level due to being able to take hits from the Cyberdemon.

Does the BFG actually have to hit what it's being fired at like a launcher or is it a laser or something?

@Gargoyle Then it really won't do much against someone who learned how to fly through danmaku seconds after she evolved the ability to fly

It's a launcher, yes. Although the blast radius is 15 meters in every direction.

In terms of those capable of dodging the ball itself, it also sends out homing tendrils of energy that boil whatever targets they find from the inside. So even when dodged, it can severely harm people. (This actually shows up in gameplay in the form of green streams that cause DPS damage)

He has also fired it at melee range, as I mentioned before.

And your telling me this why...? XD I'm not debating, just clearing stuff up.

@King But it has to make contact with something to go off?

Boiling her really won't do much of anything to her, not only has she actually survived that, but she's survived much, much worse.

Meanwhile she can just spam ranged slashes from a safe distance in the air

It doesn't have to make contact with her, though. He could shoot a wall or floor near her and it would detonate just like any other explosive in an FPS. I'm sure he would much prefer to land a direct hit on her, but it isn't mandatory for the projectile to explode.

Also, hanging back and spamming ranged attacks isn't going to be enough to ensure her victory. Not only does he have countless years of experience dodging ranged attacks from entire armies, but his superior durability combined with his ridiculous stamina means she'll need to hit him many, many, many times in order to wear him down that way.

Ryuko wins due to regen, flight, better mobility, (even compared to what Doomguy has fought) and she has AoE shockwaves...which uhh kinda hard to dodge THAT. its literally her will forming an expanding 360 degree shockwave.

An expanding 360┬░ shockwave that's still much weaker than his durability, tho.

And what does regen amount to when it's already been established that he can bypass it?

AquaWaifu said:
Ryuko wins due to regen, flight, better mobility, (even compared to what Doomguy has fought) and she has AoE shockwaves...which uhh kinda hard to dodge THAT. its literally her will forming an expanding 360 degree shockwave.
She does not have flight in this form.

I will comment later okay, but for now I'm leaning to DS.

Newendigo said:
AquaWaifu said:
She does not have flight in this form.
I will comment later okay, but for now I'm leaning to DS.

yes she does, True Life Fiber isnt just when Senketsu becomes proper form. Its once the two have truly bonded well after meeting Nui. before then Ryuko had well before then learned how to fly.

In the process of means nothing. And "being countered" just means different opinions. Doesn't mean you are right or they are wrong.

Doom for reasons above.

@Aizen In the process of being countered means your voting based on faulty reasoning so your vote will not be counted. That on top of most of the reasoning above being based based on Doom having High 7-C weaoons that were restricted halfway through the thread.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I feel so humilated right now....

Also King, question: Could some DS's weapons be scaled to the BFG? Since you constantly improve them through all the game. I think some of them such as the Rocket Launcher, Chaingun, Plasma Gun and the Gauss Cannon might be able to scale.

@Weekly:

The reasoning above isn't based on Doom having High 7-C weapons; it's due to his unamped 7-C weapon being able to vaporize characters above her physically.

Never said she couldn't hang back and spam projectiles. What I said was that it would be useless to do so, as her AP is severely outclassed by his durability, she most likely can't even get through his armor with projectiles (seeing as it was unscratched after years of combat with forces that included demons stronger than her, prior to the setting the game even takes place in), his stamina reserves are outright ridiculous, and she has to contend with his own ability to dodge which he's been honing 'across eons'.

Which brings me to my next point: What do you think she's going to do when she realizes that her ranged game isn't working? No prior knowledge means she has no clue how strong/durable/etc. he is, so she has no means of knowing just how suicidal it is to take him on up close. Meanwhile, his most likely thought (assuming he the BFG hasn't hit her in the face at this point) is going to be 'Huh, this flying thing is a problem. I should probably fix that somehow.'

Speaking of 'no prior knowledge', I can say with certainty that Doom is just as likely to fight up close as he is to fight at a distance, but will most certainly start with his guns. But what does Ryuko do in-character? Does she sit back and spam air projectiles while flying, as you say? Or is it in her nature to do something else?

@Newendigo

Probably not. The majority of them have specs that put them far below Town level, and even the most powerful upgrades in the game wouldn't be able to close the AP gap for most of them. As well, I'm pretty sure most of the weapon upgrades are simply attachments.

The Chaingun, for example, is stated to spit its bullets at 5000 feet per second. That's downright absurd for a firearm, but it's definitely not enough to yield Town level results.

@King Then why did we have that whole discussion about the High 7-C stuff being restricted?

Her projectiles and melee slashes are the same AP, so probably nothing.

And just how would he be able to fix it?

Its in her nature to fight based on the opponent's own fighting style, adapting her own fighting in order to better counter her opponent.

Also, do you have a scan of the BFG vaporizint Spider Mastermind? If it actually did then the BFG would likely be much higher than just 7-C

I dunno. I'm pretty sure the powerups were only brought up because there was the possibility of her surviving an unamped BFG shot. Kinda put that one to rest when the whole thing about the Spider Mastermind was brought up.

Probably by doing what I said earlier and shooting an inanimate object near her instead of aiming at her directly. The AoE on the blast is roughly 49 feet in every direction, so even if she avoids the ball itself, it's going to be tough to avoid the explosion.

What does she do right from the outset? Is she more likely to start off with melee attacks or ranged ones?

Wishful thinking, but sadly the scaling of the verse doesn't work that way. It's essentially 'Doom Slayer >>>> BFG = Cyberdemon > Spider Mastermind'. Mastermind takes hits from the Cyberdemon, but is still much weaker physically. The Cyberdemon walls BFG shots (which are where the Town level rating comes from) and is capable of killing other boss monsters which can do the same. The Doom Slayer one-shots the Cyberdemon with his bare hands.

I already posted a screenshot of Spider Mastermind after most of its head was vaporized. And its appearance in the game's end credits, where its size is shown in comparison to Doom himself. Both are in one of my previous replies.

MrKingOfNegativity said:

what object, SBA rules here since OP didnt state anything this takes place in New York Central Park at a distance that does give either combatant too big of an avantag with the standard being 4km. She's going to be a flying opponent and is not probabyl going to be flying around tree and shit in the park. probably out high up in away from anything else.

What inanimate object is going to be near her in the sky? Does the BFG treat clouds as solid or something?

Both

Im not talking about the scaling in the verse, im talking about the yield in general.

I want to know how Ryuko start a battle, if she going to melee range, doomguy destroy her.

@Weekly:

No. I forgot that SBA puts the two of them in a park instead of somewhere else.

I don't even know what to say about this one, since it make the match a coinflip on whether or not she simply dies right from the outset.

The yield of the weapon itself was already calc'd at roughly 28.75 KT, and the scaling in the verse is what puts the Spider Mastermind at Town level in the first place. (Though again, the Mastermind has somewhat weaker durability than the other Town level characters in the verse, hence why it can't withstand a point-blank hit from the BFG) I don't know how else to explain that.

I think she and Senketsu aren't going to go in close to someone with a literal big ******* gun who also looks like Doom Guy.

Therefir said:
I want to know how Ryuko start a battle, if she going to melee range, doomguy destroy her.
She almost always starts in melee, she only change her fighting style when she needs to adapts to of the opponent.

@Aqua

Hasn't she fought characters who look at least as dangerous as him? And what makes you think she's going to assume he's stronger than her just because he's dressed like a futuristic soldier?

Also, isn't her verse a shonen anime one? Since when are shonen characters ever scared of guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back