• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom: Statistics changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I was going to add those in; but naturally glitches and lag got to me. But at least I did sort of outlined it. If you're still working on revising some of those other verses profiles, I'd say you can go ahead and take care of that first. But yeah, the Doomslayer key especially needs better justification. I'll try to look for proper links, but I could use some help.

Since the edits have already been made, you might as well clean up the profiles.

I believe I've managed to fix all of the profiles and their issues. Each one has its own justifications for why everything is tiered the way it is, and while some are more in-depth than others, I feel like I've managed to provide good enough explanation for all of them. I also set the Doom Slayer key of the Doomguy to 'At least Town level' for each category, since he's clearly more powerful than the boss tiers to an unknown but significant degree.

I'm sure we can leave this open in case there're any last-minute opinions anyone else wants to add. In the meantime, I'm going to go get some sleep.

I have my problems with the pages scaling to 7-C, BUT, I prefer to create more pages and scale to the Tier list I mentioned and latter create a treath with my problems on Doomguy's page.

Do not create contradictory statistics for the verse please.

Antvasima said:
Do not create contradictory statistics for the verse please.
I create a general Tier list above were I explained how strong the Demons were and are, both MrKingOfNegativity and DarkDragonMedeus accept it, If you want I can wait until they comeback to talk about those stats.

Well, the BFG is calc'd at 7-C; there's no mistaking that. Cyberdemon, Hell Guard, and Spider Master Mind all have Town level durability due to taking multiple hits from the BFG 9000.

We actually had an agreement that Berserker does give Doomguy Town Class striking strength, but that Has to scale to his durability because we can't violate Newton's third law; which I mentioned above several times.

The bosses also have 7-C Attack Potency because, not only can they harm Berserker enhanced Doomguy, but Spider Mastermind is listed on his profile that he is capable of killing CyberDemon.

And of course, Doomslayer. The lore makes it perfectly clear that Doomslayer would have to be the god tier of the whole Doomverse. Not only has he fought and effortlessly killed demons for "eons," he was also described as saying that no demon can stand against him; that includes the likes of Cyberdemon. Also, as for the glory kills argument; he doesn't just kill the boss tiers, he obliterates them. He completely blew up Cyberdemon's just by smacking it with his own horn; punching and using melee weapons such as a horn or sword still classifies as striking strength and is proof that just a simple punch could have done the job. He also effortlessly ripped off Hell Guard's head; Doomslayer should easily be 7-C through physical strength alone.

I honestly don't want to hear the Imp argument, because that's obviously just game mechanics. Still makes just as much sense as arguing about Mario taking damage from Goombas and Koopas, or Simon Belmont taking damage skeletons. And same thing with the Berserker argument; he has to have Town level durability in order to have Town Class striking strength; because otherwise, that strongly contradicts an important scientific fact proven by Isaac Newton.

Anyway, @MrKing might have more to say, but I think Hizack and Numbersguy also agree with us on the topic.

Medeus more or less summed up what I would have said. I'll add this, though; I would liken the Doom Slayer in this particular case to The Dovahkii. The latter can be harmed by just about everything in Skyrim and is even capable of being killed by humans if the player lets that happen. But the lore, albeit similar to Doom Slayer's in that it's quite vague, contradicts this to such an absurd degree that using these game mechanics as the basis would be illogical. Just going by lore, he should be capable of walking through most enemies' attacks and killing them in a single hit, but he can't do that in-game because that would make the game the easiest thing in the world.

In any case, the profile revisions have already been finished, so I'm going to suggest we close this. The thread has gotten extremely long to the point of being somewhat difficult to read through, so I think that if anyone has anyone has anything to say about the changes, it should be done in a different CRT.

Since the upgrades have been made and the majority agree with this, I suppose we could close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back