• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom slayer vs yujiro Hanma

BakiHanma18 said:
DTG499 said:
Would yujiro be able to tell the gauss cannon itself would be able to damage him? Would his sixth sense work on machinery?
Something that might set off his ES would be the heat. Yujiro pretty intelligent, but his knowledge of advanced weaponry like the GC would definitely be lacking. That said, even his passive eyesight without trying to analyze allows him to see cellular integrity. Even if he doesn't notice how bad it is, assuming Yujiro is in character, he'd aim dodge, as he said during Vietnam that he doesn't like how bullets feel (I'm aware that GC doesn't fire bullets, but in an instance where Yujiro is unable to identify what it shoots, he wouldn't want it to connect as it either might be able to harm him or it could be bullets)
I think being an Extraordinary Genius is a bit more than "pretty intelligent". Also, Grappler Baki does have some advanced tech like the mechsuit they used against Pickle, but I don't think Yujiro has seen anything like a gauss cannon.

I don't think the gun itself would set off his sense, rather than the projectile itself like BakiHanma18 stated.

Yeah, Yujiro can tank any projectile weapon in the Bakiverse without a scratch but prefers to not get hit by them, same thing with when he went for cover from the napalm, so I doubt he's going to let it hit him to see how it would do, especially with his danger sense.

If this is really being entertained then I happily vote for Doomguy. Man's been out-stamina-ing and out-bloodlusting every combatant in hell for millions/billions of years. We've established Hanma isn't likely to be aware of the gauss cannon or its mechanics and the mechanics of lightning lend themselves poorly to a heat resistance feat.

Doomguy should be able to land a hit and just melt the bugger, if not with the gauss cannon then the plasma gun.

It's been established that it isn't a normal lightning feat in the multiple blogs and threads on the topic. The lightning lingers much, much longer than lightning typically does (About 3-5 seconds versus 0.2 seconds) and all of it goes to Yujiro and stays on him, because it had nowhere else to go, because Yujiro is the Apex Conductor or something similar.

He also produces enough body heat to intensely distort the air around him, and that's just while he's standing there, the heat radius gets much larger when he's fighting, and even larger when enhanced by his aura.

Don't know if that applies here, though.

Here's what we know:

DOOM Plasma > Lava (Lava is 700 to 1,200 ┬░C (1,292 to 2,192 ┬░F); according to wikipedia)

Lightning can reach temperatures of roughly 30,000 kelvins (53,540 degrees Fahrenheit) (According to multiple sites, such as Seeker and the National Weather Service provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)

So Lightning is also greater than Lava

DOOM Plasma is minimum 2,193 ┬░F

Normal Lightning is 53,540 ┬░F

DOOM Plasma would have to be at least 24 times more potent than Lava to be comparable to Lightning

Do we have any exact numbers for DOOM Plasma?

If we assume it scales to real plasma, Reylon Plasma states that naturally occuring plasmas can get up to 11600K

Lightning can get up to 30000K

There is no official number regarding temperature. Although, the DOOM Pistol does have 4 Megawatts. But I don't think there's a source regarding the other plasma stuff. And I brought up the mega-kelvin laser because I don't get what the lightning lava comparisons were about.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
There is no official number regarding temperature. Although, the DOOM Pistol does have 4 Megawatts. But I don't think there's a source regarding the other plasma stuff. And I brought up the mega-kelvin laser because I don't get what the lightning lava comparisons were about.
It was to see if Yujiro could tank plasma or be vaporized

Anttron224 said:
Do we have any exact numbers for DOOM Plasma?
If we assume it scales to real plasma, Reylon Plasma states that naturally occuring plasmas can get up to 11600K

Lightning can get up to 30000K
I'm aware of how hot lightning can be and how immaterial it is since it doesn't work like a normal heat source. A person who can survive being struck by lightning can't survive swimming in lava. Ergo the feat is moot due to the specific mechanics of lightning.

You know, the "> lava" sells it quiet short. And there are also the stamltements of it reaching the limit of farenheits with full upgrades.

It kept striking Yujiro for 5 seconds and never left his body, despite how lightning normally would try to exit his body upon entering it. One of the reasons the heat doesn't always burn them alive on impact is because the lightning is gone as soon as its there. Your point is moot because it clearly wasn't following standard lightning mechanics.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
You know, the "> lava" sells it quiet short. And there are also the stamltements of it reaching the limit of farenheits with full upgrades.
That's why I went with the real plasma values instead of lowballing it by scaling it from the lava.

Also, @Risci-viragosi, if he has his standard equipment do we automatically assume it's fully upgraded? Wouldn't that be up to the original poster as stipulations for the match?

Anttron224 said:
It kept striking Yujiro for 5 seconds and never left his body, despite how lightning normally would try to exit his body upon entering it. One of the reasons the heat doesn't always burn them alive on impact is because the lightning is gone as soon as its there. Your point is moot because it clearly wasn't following standard lightning mechanics.
If it was a normal lighntning strike I wouldn't be making this argument.

Anttron224 said:
Also, @Risci-viragosi, if he has his standard equipment do we automatically assume it's fully upgraded? Wouldn't that be up to the original poster as stipulations for the match?
Don't think theere is a precise standard, but if all upgrades are possible to achieve in a game then I think we assume they have it. It's when only some equipment and powers are possible that OP input is really needed.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Anttron224 said:
Don't think theere is a precise standard, but if all upgrades are possible to achieve in a game then I think we assume they have it. It's when only some equipment and powers are possible that OP input is really needed.
Interesting, but understandable.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
According to this [1] , lightning on average is in the gigawatts and can reach terawatts.

Edit: That's an old article, according to wikipedia, lightning is easily in the hundreds of terawatts range

Back