• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slay can mean either way; permament immobalization or death. We know from a canonical statement that it means immobilization. As simple as that.
Slay is a synonym for KILL. Not immobilize. Stop stonewalling dude.
Because iconic moments about glory are prone to get exagerated. One exageration would be the Titan being defeated on top of mountains instead of inside the city.
The background isn't drawn in detail. Coild straight up just be in the city with mountains in the background, which lines up with what we're shown
Not holograms as large as buildings, and not holograms created out in the open.
Very possible though.
With one of these Titans being the Icon of Sin, which you claim can resurrect on its own. Also 'Titans can resurrect on their own' is a headcanon, so yes the ones killed by Atlan mechs are counter-evidence. Especially when the statement is talking about the Crucible's ability to slay titan-class demons in general.
I STOPPED ARGUING THAT ALL TITANS CAN REVIVE ON THEIR OWN ALMOST A PAGE AGO. DROP THAT POINT ALREADY. YOU'RE MISCONSTRUING MY ACTUAL POINT.
Thank you for putting words in my mouth, very persuasive! Also, I believe that there are literally two statements only, lol.
Ok, one of 2 statements is contradicted, yet the other still stands. Your statement about immobilization is 1 statement and it's contradicted.
Yes! So I explained why Samuel Hayden's statements aren't reliable in the very statement you are responding to.
Ok, but not all of them would be unreliable. We know the Dreadnaught is dead. Why would it rise again?
Please try to comprehend what I said before responding. There is no charitable way to interept what I said as: "Samuel Hayden is a solid source for power scaling".
I did. That's not what i said you're saying.
What proves paralyzation is the statement from the game director explaining what is happening, along wih overall consistency. It is just possible that there is an extra effect (such as 'permament immobilization') we don't know about when the hilt is detached from the Crucible blade, as blue/Wraith energy is
The statement CONTRADICTS THE CODEX. I'm going to keep saying this till you PROVE otherwise.
Human biology doesn't have Argent Energy. 'oh yeah, if I stab the human brain with a tiny sword filled with weird alien immoblization energy, the human body should be fully immobalized within 1.2 seconds, as the alien energy spreads throughout the human's body' is completly baseless.
Ok? It has a brain and human biology for the most part. Special magic on top of that doesn't disprove my point. Paralyzing the brain paralyzes the rest.
The site considers statements from authors as canonical.
If they are not contradictory. This one is contradictory, along with the other one you've been trying to use.
Can you cite where the term "Sword of the Slayer" is 'literally' written or said? The closest I could find is 'sword and shield of adamantine strength', with the shield being his Praetor Suit made by the Wretch, and sword can refer to his weapons (such as the Super Shotgun which was called a sword of vengence in Eternal).
"The sword CAN refer to his weapons" but is that the likely scenario?
As far as I know, the "Slayer's Crucible" is only said once by Samuel Hayden talking about the Crucible stuck in the Dreadnought. So he definetly didn't have it.
He can literally remake the blade?
Being an indication of physical strength is headcanon.
No it isn't. Being "powerful enough" to do something means strong enough to 99/100 times.
Not relevant to what I said?

You can chop and stab the toe of a Titan with a Country level knife, but that won't be enough to slay the Titan.
You don't need to kill it to pierce it's durability.
Actually, one of the most powerful Titans, the Icon of Sin indeed can't resurrect on its own, as the Order of the Deag priests had to do it with a sacrifice.
'I've heard the term 'rise again' being used for the dead in fiction, therefore it means the Titans are dead' is a logically invalid argument, as it can perfectly be used to refer to slumber/paralysis.
But is that the likely scenario? The crucible is stated to be uniquely powerful enough to slay titan-class demons.
He was answering a question on whether the Crucible kills Titans or immobalizes them, and he said that it immobalizes them. Nice try with the semantic argument though.
It's also a contradictory statement.
The same guy also claimed that the Doom Slayer needs to remove the Khan Maykr's orb from within her chest or she'll be invulnerable, and it turns out that the Doom Slayer can beat her up with the orb inside her chest anyway.
Reminder that rocket launchers to the brain canonicly killed the Icon of Sin.
Killed the original icon of Sin which was literally built into a wall with it's brain being exposed. It's pretty obvious this isn't "complete".
It is not headcanon to speculate about how a human's body will react to fictional energy we don't know much about? Wut?
Lol, maybe if you flow Wraith energy to the non-demonic human brain it'll cause random Involuntary muscle contractions instead of paralysis. Of course, we can't prove this because it is headcanon.
You're claiming it paralyzes them, and using the blue energy to prove so. If the blue energy paralyzes shit, then if it paralyzed the thing where all messages to the body come from the rest of the body would shut down. What about that is so hard to understand?

If you want to keep this discussion going, you should make a separate smaller CRT specifically about the topic. This wasn't the main intention for this thread and the main doom supporters want to move on to other things like upgrades with calcs and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back