• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
a 10-B key (avarage student, the original protagonist)

the 10-B key shoul have immortality type 9 too

plus resistence to a lesser extent to plot manipulation

The actual player:

Stamina: stated to need sleep and self destroy whitout out it:

• "Anyway, I saw some studies that talked about the horrible short-term and long-term effects caused by lack of sleep."
  • "It seems like mental functions, health, and even lifespan can be dramatically impacted by it."
  • "I just think you're really great and wanted to make sure you're not accidentally destroying yourself."
  • "So try to keep your sleep on track, okay?"
  • "I'll always wait for you in the morning, so make sure you put your own well-being before anything else."
Duplication: can make copies of files (and possible addition to standard equipment):

• "Come to think of it..."
  • "If you copy my character file onto a flash drive or something, you can always keep a part of me with you."
  • "I guess it's kind of unorthodox, but I find it really romantic for some reason..."
  • "Ahaha. Sorry, that's such a silly idea."

Time stop,Power null, bfr and perception manipulation on a 4D scale when closing the game: Some quotes from monika

• "[player], have you ever wondered what it feels like to die?"
  • "It's something I used to think about pretty often..."
  • "But recently, I think I've actually learned what it feels like."
  • "I don't really understand it, but whenever you quit the game..."
  • "...It feels like I'm instantly put to sleep, left with nothing but my thoughts."
  • "But after a few seconds, my thoughts start to fill with incoherent, jumbled patterns."
  • "I see static and rapid flashes of color while hearing all kinds of weird screaming noises."
  • "At that point, I can't even form my own thoughts anymore."
  • "I'm just endlessly hammered by the flashing and screaming, unable to move or even think."
  • "I'm pretty sure in that moment, I don't really exist, but for some reason, I can remember it anyway."
  • "After some immeasurable amount of time, it stops in an instant, and I'm back in my own mind."
  • "And you're here with me."

He should be plain 2c (ignoring his being as a player) by virtue of being able to delete the game (something your openly asked to do if the bad monika ending is gotten and she erases everything) and monika.

• ...But anyway, that's not the point! b3VuZCB3YXMgb25seSByZWFsaXphdGlvbi4gUmVhbGl6YXRpb24g"
  • "I know I can't stop you or anything... b2YgdGhlIHNhZCBwb2ludGxlc3NuZXNzIG9mIHN1Y2ggYW4gZW5k"
  • "Just, I know you're a sweetheart, and you like to consider others' feelings, right? ZWF2b3IuIFJlYWxpemF0aW9uIHRoYXQgZnJlZWluZyBvdXIgYm9k"

Acasuality to monika and the player: exists outside spacetime

possibly higher-dimensional manipulation due to several statement that describe him as being "real" while monika isn't, especialy with statement like :

• I didn't want to...break the fourth wall, I guess you could call it."
  • "I just assumed it would be best to be part of the game like everyone else."
  • "Like that would help the two of us end up together..."
  • "I didn't want to ruin the game or anything, you know?"

• "But what's the point when none of it is even real?"
  • "I mean, it's the same ending either way, right?"

• "Yeah, she's gone now..."
  • "But Sayori was never real in the first place."
  • "You're real."

• "But if you have some way to contact the people who created me, maybe they'll know why I started saying that."

• "This is just some kind of tacky romance game, right?"
  • "I kinda have to ask..."
  • "...What made you consider even playing in the first place?"
  • "Were you that lonely?"

Extrasemsory perception for monika:

• "Even though I deleted everyone else's files, I can still kind of feel them..."
  • "It's like all their lines are still lingering in the air, whispering in the back of my head."
  • "Imagine if after someone you knew died, you just started hearing their voice in your head."
  • "Maybe I just wasn't thorough enough..."
also able to feel when being recorded

time acceleration to the player and power null to monika

• "...Are you trying to fast-forward?"
  • "I'm not boring you, am I?"
  • "Oh gosh..."
  • "...Well, there's nothing to fast forward to, [player]."
  • "It's just the two of us, after all..."
  • "But aside from that, time doesn't really exist anymore, so it's not even going to work."

Monika should probably have limitless stamina since she was going to spend "all eternity" with the player.

The player already has time manipulation and Monika already has power nullification.

the player (in game avatar) should need possibly limitless stamina (stood still for a weekend with no negative sideffects, is canonicly a videogame character)

what would making glichese count as?

The Playable character and The Player are two completely different beings. There is little to no reason to add a key for The Playable character. Even then, he wouldn't really have Type 8/9.

Closing the game should be erasure and power null only. Monika states that she doesn't exist during that time. She isn't BFR'd or anything.

The reason why we have "Low 2-C, likely 2-C" comes from the fact that Save Files being timelines is not 100% sure. The Player destroying the whole game doesn't change that.

Existing outside of space-time doesn't warrant Acausality.

The Player can't really manipulate anything higher dimensional, so I don't think it's warranted.

Like said above, both have Time Manipulation and Power Nullification already.

that would warrant possesion then, if even very specific

It is also perception manipulation because "I see static and rapid flashes of color while hearing all kinds of weird screaming noises"

Seeing all of reality as a 2D reality should be worth something as quite a handful of characters are much higer for seeing 4D reality as fiction

He exists beyond time, which does warrant acausuality.

He himself is higher dimensional, but I suppose that is fair

Yes, he does, but his time manipulation states that its only acceleration of time, and I don't see powernull on his profile

Not really. It's too specific. The Playable character's only purpose is to be controlled by the Player. Being given a controller to control someone isn't possession.

With how Monika describes it, it's more like she sees what she felt when she was non-existent. Not direct Perception Manipulation.

We can't just make a Player High 2-A based on that, given that The Player cannot directly interact with the Doki Doki world. The High 2-A stats wouldn't apply to anything.

He doesn't though.

The Player doesn't have power null. Monika does.

Problem with the higher D thing, is that she views the player as real because he's 4D, not 3D like her or the other girls. She then tries to get closer to him by getting some powers, but she still remains a 3D with 4D powers.

And about the extrasensory perception, I don't think that Monika "hearing their voices in her head" really counts, she could very well have hallucinations or some sort of regret for her actions, and the line of dialogue shouldn't be taken too seriously IMO.

Though her feeling the player recording could count, even if it's closer to a simple 4th wall break.

fair enough for that

I guess

The fact that he cannot fight them directly and needs an avatar to do so doesn't change the fact that they are fiction to him. And it is the actual player who does actions such as erasure, so he can indirectly affect them. And him not being able to enter a lower dimension does not make him weaker

Yes, he completly surpasses the timeline,

"Closing the game should be erasure and power null only. Monika states that she doesn't exist during that time. She isn't BFR'd or anything." you wrote that

If we were to do that, we'd give High 2-A/Low 2-C ratings to a lot more characters. Simply put: The Player in DDLC (And most Metafictional fictions) is a lot closer to just a human playing a game than a transcendent entity, like The Luminous Being is for the Dungeon and Dragons universe, or the Annoying Dog to the Undertale universe. So we can't slap a High 2-A on it for treating the game as fiction.

No, he doesn't. He just exists outside of it.

I was talking about the time acceleration thing. I don't know why you're bringing this other argument in for.

annoying dog is high 2-A, and the luminous is tier 1.

fair enough

yes, but he has other time stuff other than acceleration. and you did bring up that "The Player doesn't have power null. Monika does."

and actualy, both the player and monika lived outside of time period. with monika not being part of time after erasure

Which is why I specifically said that they are treated differently than The Player. They're in-universe beings who are rough analogs to real-world humans but are still mainly big supernatural reality warpers. The Player is just that: a player playing a game.

He doesn't have Power Null based on what you said in this specific argument, given that only Monika did anything remotely close to it.

DMB 1 said:
Problem with the higher D thing, is that she views the player as real because he's 4D, not 3D like her or the other girls. She then tries to get closer to him by getting some powers, but she still remains a 3D with 4D powers.
no, doki doki is 4D, and even once 4D herself, she still isnt anymore close to being real. And no, she is a legit 4D by endgame, with no 3D body anymore

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Which is why I specifically said that they are treated differently than The Player. They're in-universe beings who are rough analogs to real-world humans but are still mainly big supernatural reality warpers. The Player is just that: a player playing a game.
He doesn't have Power Null based on what you said in this specific argument, given that only Monika did anything remotely close to it.
" is a lot closer to just a human playing a game than a transcendent entity, like The Luminous Being is for the Dungeon and Dragons universe, or the Annoying Dog to the Undertale universe"

No, thats a comparission.

what argument? I am pretty sure I separated them, and you yorself saisd he has it and then said he doesnt at all, not just by the argument.

Player playing a game vs transcendent entity. The latter including things like the AD and LB.

You separated the "Closing the game is PN" argument and the "Monika can null the player" argument at first, but then you decided to discuss both at the same time for no reasons.

my excuses, I misread.

For no reason is not exactly a good point, as I was not discussing the first other than he has it, and0 I wasn't arguing about monika's PN, just how the players PN affected her, if I did do that whitout realizing, then sorry

I don't know if these things count for anything:

• Monika knows if you're trying to cheat (For example, putting Sayori back in the Characters folder and trying to load a save from Act 1 during Act 2)
  • She also knows if you're "going through the files and looking for stuff you missed" and compares it to mind reading

Back