• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doflamingo High 7-A Downgrade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, the "At least 7-A+, Possibly High 7-A" on Doflamingo's profile has always been from the basis that he is "Definitely way stronger than 7-A characters like Sanji/Kyros/Smoker/Law and Luffy to varying extents (Given that he has the capacity to one-shot most of the listed characters), and was able to contend with Gear 4th Luffy despite not being proven as his equal in power".

The "At least 7-A+" should stay for now, I'd even push for a "At least 7-A+, Possibly higher" for the reasons above.

To be clear, the "At least 7-A+, Possibly High 7-A" on Doflamingo's profile has always been from the basis that he is "Definitely way stronger than 7-A characters like Sanji/Kyros/Smoker/Law and Luffy to varying extents (Given that he has the capacity to one-shot most of the listed characters), and was able to contend with Gear 4th Luffy despite not being proven as his equal in power".

The "At least 7-A+" should stay for now, I'd even push for a "At least 7-A+, Possibly higher" for the reasons above.
Possibly higher seems fine to me

Doesn't he clash pretty evenly with Luffy when he uses God Thread/awakening? He should scale to Luffy's AP with Godthread.
No he didn’t... he literally got destroyed. Idk if your referencing the anime or something but he didn’t clash evenly at all with any gear 4th attacks.
What we see on panel is Doffy getting absolutely worked....

Where in any of those scans is it presented that Doffy ~ Gear 4th or even semi relative.

No he didn’t... he literally got destroyed. Idk if your referencing the anime or something but he didn’t clash evenly at all with any gear 4th attacks.
Tbf, I wouldn't automatically say BM Luffy is > Doffy's god-thread just because KKG burst through it. KKG is a further amp'd version of a BM attack, so if anything it'd look like KKG > KG >/= Doffy's Thread Durability.

Besides Smoker who was injured from the Vergo fight when has Doffy showed he can one-shot those listed character's? I agree he's definitely far stronger but just not sure about that one-shot justification.
My point are exaggerated in a couple cases, but I'll explain myself:

Smoker's case still counts, though I understand the reasons for your disagreement. Doflamingo left 5 deep cuts on his face--implying a single Goshikito--leaving Smoker motionless and on the verge of death. One-shot via incapacitation, potential death if left untreated.

While Sanji was able to keep fighting after Doflamingo's Goshikito smacked him, he was heavily implied to be killed from Overheat once Doflamingo gave him his full attention (had Law not stepped in).
  • Though obviously, speculation. Oda himself hasn't said Sanji would be killed, and we never saw the hit land. Still a feat of him being out of Sanji's league in power

Doflamingo's AP >> Law's Durability (non-haki and non-sword) for all attacks going straight through his body (excluding a single kick that still sent Law flying and made him bleed a lot). Was also implied to be capable of crushing Law's skull with a normal stomp whilst fresh from Gamma Knife.
  • Theoretically, Doflamingo could kill Law in one blow with a well-placed strike (like a Bullet-Thread to the head rather than the shoulder... or Saw-thread to the neck rather than the arm). Can take that as you want.

Luffy's the only one who really took hits, but this is inconsistent as expected for the MC.

So at least, Doflamingo >>> Smoker for sure, maybe the same for Sanji and even Law. Luffy closes the gap a bit, but not by much since Doflamingo still made him look like a joke until Law landed the knife.

While it's true BM Luffy repeatedly overpowered Doffy and Doffy was never shown doing any damage to him, it's still shown that he can contend with BM with his Awakening Strings. His Off-White blocked Double Culverin, and during the only two panels we see of them fighting during Riku's 20 minute + speech, Doffy has BM Luffy on the defensive. In one of those panels, while we don't actually see it, we still see the sound of impact on Doffy's strings, indicating that he had successfully connected with a strike to Luffy, albeit it seems to have been just a glancing blow (whereas Athlete completely bounced off Luffy's body).

So shouldn't Doflamingo keep his Possibly High 7-A rating for being capable of combating and pressuring BM Luffy via Awakening?

Last edited:
I don't see how this is any different, he still didn't damage Luffy to warrant him scaling to High 7-A, if anything the constant mentioning of Luffy's timelimit makes me believe that Doffy's simply bombarding Luffy with numbers to waste the Gear Fourths timelimit.

Also while Doffy's strings blocked the double culverin, we later see when Doffy attempted to block again against a headbutt Kong gun they were completely torn through.

I'm fine with Doffy getting "higher with awakening" but in no way should he scale to Luffy's High 7-A.

I don't see how this is any different, he still didn't damage Luffy to warrant him scaling to High 7-A, if anything the constant mentioning of Luffy's timelimit makes me believe that Doffy's simply bombarding Luffy with numbers to waste the Gear Fourths timelimit.

Also while Doffy's strings blocked the double culverin, we later see when Doffy attempted to block again against a headbutt Kong gun they were completely torn through.

I'm fine with Doffy getting "higher with awakening" but in no way should he scale to Luffy's High 7-A.
Considering Doffy tried to kill Luffy with Billow White, I doubt he was just using numbers to waste the time limit of G4.

Headbutt Kong Gun? Is it really called that?

Considering Doffy tried to kill Luffy with Billow White, I doubt he was just using numbers to waste the time limit of G4.

Headbutt Kong Gun? Is it really called that?
Doffy "time for you to die" Luffy "no time left" implies to me that he realised the timelimit was about to run out and he intended to finish him off. But I was more so referring too Doffy saying this "how many seconds can you last? You must have risks to balance" and then the actual panels we get of his awakening is just producing a bunch of strings with nothing else notable happening.

It isn't called that but I'd rather say that than "Luffy destroyed his awakening stings with a no named attack"

Luffy bursted through Doflamingo's Non-haki strings whilst using Haki himself. That's all I would like to point out, tbh... Naked DF < Haki attacks.

Doffy "time for you to die" Luffy "no time left" implies to me that he realised the timelimit was about to run out and he intended to finish him off. But I was more so referring too Doffy saying this "how many seconds can you last? You must have risks to balance" and then the actual panels we get of his awakening is just producing a bunch of strings with nothing else notable happening.

It isn't called that but I'd rather say that than "Luffy destroyed his awakening stings with a no named attack"
But Doffy's "time for you to die" + Billow White attack came before Luffy's "no time left", so Doffy couldn't have come to that realization and then decided to finish Luffy off. And as for the other part, even taking that into consideration I still don't agree that Doffy's use of his Awakening was only to make Luffy use up Gear 4th's time.

So it isn't called that? I thought I had missed something from the fight for a second. Speaking of the headbutt, it's funny that Doffy's named Awakened attack could block a named Gear 4th attack, but his Awakened Strings couldn't block a no-named attack.

But Doffy's "time for you to die" + Billow White attack came before Luffy's "no time left", so Doffy couldn't have come to that realization and then decided to finish Luffy off. And as for the other part, even taking that into consideration I still don't agree that Doffy's use of his Awakening was only to make Luffy use up Gear 4th's time.
Can't observation haki literally tell when a person gets weaker? Makes a lot more sense than doffy having the capabilities to kill Gear Fourth Luffy at any time despite never showing damage to him on-screen.

Well, yeah observation haki can do that, but there's no indication that Doffy's using it in that moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back