• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does this qualify for R>F?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisGeno

He/Him
Hello everyone.

I found these scans taken from Ghost Rider Kushala infinity. And he wanted to know if he qualified or not, for an R>F.

I hope it is correct to send the scans in this way. But hey, the scan says that one dimension is infinitely larger than a lower dimension. (explicitly says it's referring to dimensions, and not universes or anything) If I'm not mistaken, this counts as R>F, and I suppose it can be extended to all of Marvel's higher dimensions, as they explain that this R>F is by nature dimensional (the 3D-2D example).

Well, I just want to know if this is right or wrong. Greetings to all.

Reality>Fiction refers to transcendence of a fictional space. For example, you exist in a higher reality than, say, the comicbook world and their characters. They cannot perceive you, they cannot interact with you. At a minimum, we say that this is a higher dimensional transcendence, since we see the comicbook world express through a 2-dimensional medium, being the contents within the paper.

What these panels are discussing is not a difference between a fictional world and normal reality, but of straight spatial dimensions. These higher worlds perceive the lower worlds as 3-dimensional objects (for example a cube) perceive a 2-dimensional one (for example a square).

All of this is better explained in the pages I linked.

Edit: Basically, while they have similarities in applicability for our indexing, they aren't really the same. One deals with fictionalized mediums, the other with dimensionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back