• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does this 9-A+ UnOrdinary Feat count as an outlier?

Many character in UnOrdinary is scaled to a feat I calculated where Blyke destroys the ground which was calculated at 0.206 tons of TNT. There are two problems with characters scaling to this feat. Firstly, there is no other feat which is close in this range of power. The second strongest feat in UnOrdinary is only 0.01 tons of TNT (which is very flawed in it's self). Secondly, the feat was made in a chapter a long time ago. Most chapters after that do not have as strong feats.

I'd like to ask if the feat counts as an outlier and needs to be removed.

Many character in UnOrdinary is scaled to a feat I calculated where Blyke destroys the ground which was calculated at 0.206 tons of TNT. There are two problems with characters scaling to this feat. Firstly, there is no other feat which is close in this range of power. The second strongest feat in UnOrdinary is only 0.01 tons of TNT (which is very flawed in it's self). Secondly, the feat was made in a chapter a long time ago. Most chapters after that do not have as strong feats.

Review the guidelines to identify outliers:
1) Is it a big jump or drop in power? If a character with several city destruction feats is shown to be able to destroy a mountain, we cannot necessarily consider it as an outlier, for the reason that the jump between tiers is not extreme enough to be so, despite the jump between energy values we attribute to them. If the character has very few feats, we can likely ignore this point.

2) Is it a unique or exceptional incident? If incidents of a similar level are repeated consistently over time, they are unlikely to be outliers. Usually, from the third incident onwards. If the character has very few feats, we can also likely skip this point.

3) Is the event unexplained and unjustified? If an extreme incident is not accompanied by any kind of explanation that justifies it, it is probably an outlier. But if it can be explained by means of some power-up, vulnerability, or limiter, it is likely not. If Superman is wounded by a bullet, it's probably an outlier. But if Superman was under the influence of red sunlight or was previously weakened with Kryptonite, it is not.

4) Does the event break the previously established power-scaling? Here we must take into account a number of factors, such as comparable characters possessing feats or statements of a similar level to the hypothetical outlier, the outlier not being supported by fights that might suggest a similar level, or subsequent events or statements that contradict it in some way.

5) Does the event break with the narrative of the work? Many times an outlier breaks with what has been previously established or shown in a work, creating inconsistencies that are difficult to resolve unless we invalidate one of the two events. If, for example, a character claims not to be able to dodge bullets, even though he was previously seen dodging them explicitly, we are faced with a contradiction where we will probably have to resort to using the more reliable evidence.

Considering that I brought this up last year, I agree. (Here was my argument for y'all-)
..On a similar topic.

I've been meaning to bring this up for a while but, the High/God Tier scaling to Blyke's energy beam calc has a couple of issues... (No, I'm not gonna say that concrete pulverization should be used instead of rock pulv'ing)

1. First and foremost- Blyke did that with a charged attack- specifically his Kamehameha-esq one which has a start up time, unlike his smaller blasts which Gou was tanking) or finger-lasers which he can fire off quickly, so the fact that every single one of his attacks is scaled to a feat he did with a charged move, and then a bunch of characters are scaled-to, upscaled-from, or down-scaled from that value, is a bit of a problem.

(Obviously John w/ Energy Discharge would still have a value which upscales from Blyke's charged attack crater, but even then, it shouldn't apply to every single one of John's attacks either)

2. Secondly, and more controversially... The feat is probably an outlier.

Now, I hate hate hate using that word, but... @Climafranca- you should know considering how many UnOrdinary calc's you've done- so I'm talking one Feat-Finder to another- in the six years and 250+ chapters since Chapter 14 came out, there's been nothing that comes close to eight cubic meters of volume (think a cube-shaped hole in the ground longer, wider, and deeper than a person) being fragmented in UnOrdinary, let alone pulverized.

Craters in the ground and holes in the wall are consistently with chunks of material around them, and are like, the depth/thickness of the characters' shins or wrists at most. And those feats were performed by God Tiers like John in his Royal's Fight.

The only other thing that could be high Small Building level+ / Building level was when Blyke was being worried when John was preparing the charged-beam attack at the Safe House, and was like "is he trying to blow this whole place up?!", and even then that was probably just referring to the Safe House Classroom, not the actual building considering how the resulting explosion from John and Blyke's energy clash has already been calced at just 21.47 Megajoules / 5.132 kg of TNT.

Lastly, while the length and width of the half cylinder are gotten via regular pixel scaling (25.5 and 58.7 cm- not that different from most other craters in UnOrdinary), the length (of 17 meters) is gotten via angsizing, and the full length is never seen in a normal perspective shot. Although this is a nitpick that can honestly be ignored since even using the minimum 9 meters still puts the crater way bigger than any other feat in UnOrdinary.
But yeah, it's an outlier.
Tbh not really an outlier. It just means the author just got worse at showcasing powers.
The art improved tremendously, yet that level of destruction was never seen again. Ergo, it's an outlier.

Considering that I brought this up last year, I agree. (Here was my argument for y'all-)

But yeah, it's an outlier.

The art improved tremendously, yet that level of destruction was never seen again. Ergo, it's an outlier.
It's not an outlier bruh. The lower feat is literally 9-A even now, you are being hella nitpicky for no reason.

It could be PIS or just the author not really caring to be consistent

Not really, just because something isn't consistent to the pixel doesn't mean it's PIS or an outlier.
Then it's probably just the Creator not caring to be consistent
But both feats are 9-A so the tier for such attacks are the same so I doubt it's a outlier

Then it's probably just the Creator not caring to be consistent
But both feats are 9-A so the tier for such attacks are the same so I doubt it's a outlier
Yes, authors don't need to be consistent. For some verses just being within the same realm of AP is already good enough. I have a verse where the biggest scalable feat is 800+ kilotons and below it is at most a 170 kilotons feat and it ain't even destruction based, so the rest of the feats are lower. am i gonna say it's an outlier and shouldn't be used? Hell no, I'd say for an anime that's ultra consistent. Same goes here.

Yes, authors don't need to be consistent. For some verses just being within the same realm of AP is already good enough. I have a verse where the biggest scalable feat is 800+ kilotons and below it is at most a 170 kilotons feat and it ain't even destruction based, so the rest of the feats are lower. am i gonna say it's an outlier and shouldn't be used? Hell no, I'd say for an anime that's ultra consistent. Same goes here.
That's a 5 fold difference in power.

This is a 20 fold difference in power.

Not only that, but said feat happened extremely early on in the series, and every single crater from stronger characters (Read: several of John's different power pallet swaps) has not come close to pulverizing 8 cubic meters of stuff. Or anything else that might approach his current Tier of Building level.

It doesn't seem that big a gap because 9-A is a huge tier, but It's still an Outlier.

That's a 5 fold difference in power.

This is a 20 fold difference in power.

Not only that, but said feat happened extremely early on in the series, and every single crater from stronger characters (Read: several of John's different power pallet swaps) has not come close to pulverizing 8 cubic meters of stuff. Or anything else that might approach his current Tier of Building level.

It doesn't seem that big a gap because 9-A is a huge tier, but It's still an Outlier.
It doesn't matter bro. It's 9-A, it's in the ballpark. Pokemon have differences in the thousands and yet nobody complains and nobody will nerf it for that. Same goes for many many verses. Kirby literally has an infinite jump in power in between games.

It doesn't matter bro. It's 9-A, it's in the ballpark.
9-A is an overly large ballpark, and characters are literally upscaling to 8-C from it.
Pokemon have differences in the thousands and yet nobody complains and nobody will nerf it for that. Same goes for many many verses. Kirby literally has an infinite jump in power in between games.
What's a fair jump in Tier varies on a verse by verse basis, and you're comparing a stand alone webcomic to massive Franchises with dozens of entrees and hundreds of characters. No duh their differences in levels are gonna be bigger.

What's a fair jump in Tier varies on a verse by verse basis, and you're comparing a stand alone webcomic to massive Franchises with dozens of entrees and hundreds of characters. No duh their differences in levels are gonna be bigger.
yeah but nitpicking a relatively small difference is dumb. If this was a High 8-C feat or 8-B in a setting where 9-B and lower 9-A feats are impressive, then this would be an outlier, but this ain't it. They are in the visual ballpark. Just because they give different results doesn't make it an outlier especially considering they are very close in power, far closer than you are imagining it to be.
For every verse there is a certain visual ballpark. It is the visuals of feats that are similar even if one can give a different result than the other. Like if a guy that has shattered skyscrapers vaporized a large building, those feats are still in the same visual ballpark even if the results would be notably higher (8-A vs 7-C). They would still be accepted unless the character in question was easily overpowered by someone who had trouble doing those 8-A feats or sth.
In the case of unordinary, the feat is very much in the same visual ballpark as all the other feats which are pretty notable to say the least, i mean low tier people casually blast through walls on a daily basis there and have done 9-A feats before, so a feat that is a higher degree of 9-A is far from an outlier.

I would like to add that authors are not powerscalers nor are they obligated to appeal to the sensibilities of ones. People shouldn't get their nuts twisted over a certain feat in the comic being a few pixels off and therefore demonstrating a feat that might not be possible in the series.

Artists work hard to get these products out, and the fact there is a minuscule inconsistency in their art that gives different numbers that violates some random powerscaler nerd's idea of the verse shouldn't diminish their work. Again, they are not powerscalers, so "consistency" in art makes no sense if they have zero idea what VsBW standards are.

Is the attribution of the label “impressive feat” to lower feats displayed in later chapters within a work's purview?
The author's discretion may exclude a feat from consideration due to hyperbole, but there seems little value in categorizing a feat as an outlier otherwise.

The author bears no obligation to maintain a consistent-linear power verse. One could compare this to the labeling of each verse as a "toon force" solely due to inconsistencies arising from power-scaling analysis.

Is the attribution of the label “impressive feat” to lower feats displayed in later chapters within a work's purview?
782eoWI.png

The explosion calculation.
oh yeah the perspectives are kinda screwed up and 6 foot tall meili which is apparently 185cm (spoiler alert, 6 feet is 182-183) is just nonsensical. I mean for goodness sake she is as tall as Josuke Higashikata, it's pretty clear she ain't 185cm like damn bro.

I mean even if we look at the canon heights, Blyke is 178cm confirmed by Uru chan on twitter and this is meili compared to Blyke:
latest

she is a solid 4-5cm below him

Back