• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does burning of forest = an actual destruction of forest?

So, there this characters which can create fireball attack which hot enough to burn a forest which all trees having high resistance to fire (Unknown size but it large enough to connect 3 different countries. It also not stated about what type of tree is it).

Is there a way to try calculating by taking inconsideration minimum value need to destroy fire resistant wood or...

Can I just take value from common feat which get from 8B to 8B+ for this?

Burning something is practically destroying it, but it should be quite obvious that is a process. You don't get anything in particular for burning down a forest overtime, regardless of its size.

You can't calculate something that doesn't exist like fire resistant wood, you could however use the amount of heat needed to ignite wood without direct contact to fire (300°C /573.15 K) with a flame nearby), extrapolate that is higher due to being able to burn fire resistant wood, and conform yourself with that.

From where are those common values?

If it's just ignition of the trees you're probably going with what New said, but I'm uncertain as to if you should expect a substantial result.

Those common feats seem to be entirely absent of heat/fire involvement, instead is destruction done through raw forces.

So unfortunately they aren't useful here.

The last thing you could do I believe is calculate the size of the fire ball and use nukemap to get a result.
The fireball is stated to be the size of house (most likely normal Japanese house). That being said, what do you mean exactly by nuke map?

A software that is used to calculate the power of nuclear blasts, tho I know it can also be used for weaker, conventional explosions.

Eh, scratch that, it might too complicated.

Back