• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dodging a Lightning in Anima

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
Monthly Anima question from its maker:

Arias Vayu has the capability to do the next: 3―4 RAY CRYSTAL: Creates a powerful ray of electricity spell that acts just like the Lightning spell, cast with 100 points of Zeon and 280 Attack Ability. This attack is completely independent of the Arias Vayu's actions. It takes place immediately, regardless of whether or not the Arias Vayu later attacks. To clear, the Vayu are the "angels" that take care of the weather control, capable to unleash storms by mere dancing.

But to the main point, the "280 Attack Ability" is also the Difficulty Check Impossible (280), so rather than make a roll with and add the result to 280, the final result is always 280, that for all means, is the difficult for dodging lightning (one Bard of the fficial discord vaguely confirmed this to me).

Naturally, one do not need to have 280 Defense Ability to dodge, with 260 or a little lower you most likely dodge it. Vayu has a dodge ability of 250 (is logical, including lore and gamewise, that she should be capable to dodge lightning), so, is there some issue if I scale anyone equal or above said value to have Massively Hypersonic Reflexes?

I mean

That sounds reasonable if it comes immediately from like a point blank source

Welp, the lightning from the Vayu do not comes from large distances, it has a range distance from where it can hit equaly (it do not specify the range of the attack).

All right.

One last thing (since If I apply anything there's no more feats for lower levels): An increase of +20 to Initiative is enough to make someone that moves at "normal" speeds appears like a blur to others; an example is the Temporal Acceleration spell: This spell accelerates the wizard within the flow of time. While he sees the world in slow motion, for everyone else he is a blur in motion. In game terms, the caster or the chosen individual receives various bonuses as determinated by the level of the spell (Basic level is an increase of +20 to Initiative, +1 to Movement and +10 to any other action. There's also the Chronos Clock that do the same, but only in Initiative).

Normal human (like the standard peasant) has a Initiative of 40, so, it correct if I consider someone with initiative 60 appears a blur to a normal person, someone with 80 a blur to 60, and going on?

Yeah so 60 and above would be At least Subsonic

I think that kind of seems like unreliable calc stacking, but I am not the best person to ask.

I wouldn't call it calc stacking so much as upscaling.

What he proposes is that at 60 Initiative you can canonically speed blitz a normal human- by our standards, this is held to be Subsonic, as you are moving faster than the eye can track.

The other stuff I'm iffy on but it basically just amounts to "At least Subsonic".

So he isn't suggesting a scaling chain for every +20?

Not from what I understand? Just notable superiority.

Okay. Then it should probably be fine, I think.

Yes, like Bambu said, its a notable difference, don't think I can put someone with Initiative 80 to be Transonic and going on. Kinda difficult since there's 4 types of speedin Anima (Attack Ability, Defense Ability, Initiative, Movement), but someone with higher Initiative has more chances to start first.

So, an at most Massively Hypersonic (Has a highly change to pass a check against dodging lightning. Faster/comparable to an Arias Vayu) it good? I use an at most cuz the distance at what one react is ambiguos and shouldn't be able to surpass the speed of a lightning (difficulty checks aren't affect by point-blank nor any combat situations).

Yeah that should work.

Back