• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Who's 9-A

The justifications seem pretty weird, so why not.
He does dent the metal a bit and punches the door out of its hinges, but this doesn't seem 9-A at all.

The video shows that it took him billions of years to do that, continuously breaking his hands punching the wall then recreating himself. Maybe figure out the tier for the entire hole on the wall and divide by how many punches he'd have used, but with how little each punch does, I doubt it'd be 9-A.

• Easily withstood direct contact with a Sycorax whip, which can disintegrate humans.
I guess this could work, but it needs a link to the feat itself.

Terminal velocity for a human caps at 9-B, iirc, so this shouldn't quite work.

Of course, you don't need to be anywhere near 9-A to be fatal to a human.

Overall, I think he needs some better justifications, or at least some calcs to back up the rating.

Random calc cus bored...
Azbantium ~ 400x as strong as Diamond
Dude left some dust behind so Pulv...
Pulverization (j/cc) = Compressive Strength (MPa)

Compressive Strength of Diamond is supposedly 223.1GPa in certain directions (We don't generally use Diamond destruction values since it's so different and volatile but eh, still bored)
Pulv = 223100j/cc
223100 * 400 = 89240000j/cc
assuming tunnel made is 2m wide and like 5m long (Both of which seem to be very kind estimates, in reality it's likely smaller)
Volume of a cylinder of this size = 15.71m3 = 15710000cc

15710000 * 89240000 = 1.4019604e+15 Joules.
Assuming 2 billion years (The last statement of time we get) = 6.3072e+16 seconds

Which gives us an amazing:
1.4019604e+15 / 6.3072e+16 = 0.02222793632 Watts!!!!
10-C
Wonderful

I vanish now!

Random calc cus bored...
Azbantium ~ 400x as strong as Diamond
Dude left some dust behind so Pulv...
Pulverization (j/cc) = Compressive Strength (MPa)

Compressive Strength of Diamond is supposedly 223.1GPa in certain directions (We don't generally use Diamond destruction values since it's so different and volatile but eh, still bored)
Pulv = 223100j/cc
223100 * 400 = 89240000j/cc
assuming tunnel made is 2m wide and like 5m long (Both of which seem to be very kind estimates, in reality it's likely smaller)
Volume of a cylinder of this size = 15.71m3 = 15710000cc

15710000 * 89240000 = 1.4019604e+15 Joules.
Assuming 2 billion years (The last statement of time we get) = 6.3072e+16 seconds

Which gives us an amazing:
1.4019604e+15 / 6.3072e+16 = 0.02222793632 Watts!!!!
10-C
Wonderful

I vanish now!
Bruh. Not sure if we can accumulate damage like that, just measure the thickness of the area cracked (Prolly a cm or so, could be bigger) and use 49 cm^2 surface area of the object destroyed (49 cm^2 because that's my fist's impact area), this'd be for one punch, not for the entire wall.

But yeah I agree, just downgrade the Doctor to standard Wall level then.

The 9-A vaporizing feat is most likely an outlier. No other feat comes close to it now that I think of it.. Plus, there's DT's upcoming heat vs blunt-force trauma CRT that's prolly gonna take forever to happen, so... Plus, the feat's links are most likely dead in the water.

Bruh. Not sure if we can accumulate damage like that, just measure the thickness of the area cracked (Prolly a cm or so, could be bigger) and use 49 cm^2 surface area of the object destroyed (49 cm^2 because that's my fist's impact area), this'd be for one punch, not for the entire wall.
Just made it for an estimate lol. Not really intended for actual use.

To be fair, he wasn't punching nonstop, there was a gap between each death and him getting the punches in.

This video calcs 431,999,895,072 punches, so dividing the energy by that we get 3245 joules per punch, or 9-C.

Ok so I'm back and so much of the Doctor's page is ******* broken and this is kinda emblematic of a wider issue with the verse.

Not only is the door feat not 9-A (he takes several strikes to knock it down) it also wouldn't apply to his base physicals. The context here is this is an 8th Doctor who just regenerated from gunshot wounds and a bad surgery (that killed his past self) and we see on several occassions that, for the first few hours Post-Regeneration, Time Lords can do things they normally can't like regenerate limbs, blast energy and, yes, hit harder then normal.

It's not even a great justification for the Doctor being Wall Level; let alone Small Building

The Wall is trash for reasons you brought up

The Sycorax whip is based off electricity which is not treated as standard durability anymore, it just means the Doctor can withstand high electrical discharges.

Haven't read the comic but the fatal to humans thing sucks for obvious reasons and weapons such as bullets are able to severely injure timelords (To the point of Regeneration).

Last edited:
yes, it is true that the level 9-A is very high for them and the justification are strange, I think there may be more material for the "normal" Time Lords to be 9-B

The Sycorax whip is based off electricity which is not treated as standard durability anymore, it just means the Doctor can withstand high electrical discharges.
Yes, if the Doctor was in mid-air and was struck then we'd have some basis for him scaling since then the eletricity wouldn't get grounded and lose most of its energy but sadly the Doctor is standing on top of the ground where the electricity would ultimately discharge.

Honestly they have the 10th Doctor’s feats of durability and I can recall them tearing off metal arms and stuff so they could get 9-B still

I also recall one incarnation (Ruth) besting the hell out of the Judoon who have some decent scaling under their belts

It'd definitely lean more to 9-B
There's also that whole conversation of whether we should have all the Doctors as their own pages but that's very separate

I also think that the first post of this thread makes sense. This seems uncontroversial to apply.

A bit late but having watched nearly a hundred of so Doc Who episodes, I think tier 9 is quite a stretch. At best, 9-C is doable. A lot of his physicals aren't that impressive.

So is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here?

Back