• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Doctor Strange Supreme vs Jean Grey (Post-Retcon)
I don't really have high hopes for this match but it seems interesting to me

Match Rules: Speed is equalized and both are in-character, Post-Fusion Doctor Strange Supreme and Host of the Phoenix Force Jean Grey are being used, starting distance of 100 meters and the battle takes place in the Dark Dimension

Doctor Strange Supreme: 3

Jean Grey: 2

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
And...Doctor Strange Supreme resists atomization

He also consistently abuses the Time Stone and absorbs his opponents

You're right for not having high hopes lol

And...Doctor Strange Supreme resists atomization
Yeah, Jean's atomic deconstruction is resisted but she also has other options such as Class Y TK and mind hax with more layers than Strange's resistance, and both are thought based
He also consistently abuses the Time Stone and absorbs his opponents
His absorption only has a range of a few meters and if I remember correctly he needs to make a hand movement to activate the Eye of Agamotto, and he doesn't spam it by the way as he never used it when he fought with his counterpart and against Infinity Ultron he used it just to counter his Time Stone

Yeah, Jean's atomic deconstruction is resisted but she also has other options such as Class Y TK and mind hax with more layers than Strange's resistance, and both are thought based
Strange Supreme has interdimensional range, and he can attack his opponents from that range (he sensed and dragged in his counterpart from across an interdimensional distance)

That reminds me, he also has BFR
His absorption only has a range of a few meters and if I remember correctly he needs to make a hand movement to activate the Eye of Agamotto, and he doesn't spam it by the way as he never used it when he fought with his counterpart and against Infinity Ultron he used it just to counter his Time Stone
The reason why he didn't use it is because it would've been useless. Ultron resists the Time Stone due to having his own

Strange Supreme has interdimensional range, and he can attack his opponents from that range (he sensed and dragged in his counterpart from across an interdimensional distance)
That's just via Summoning, it doesn't scale to his other magical attacks
That reminds me, he also has BFR
With the Sling Ring, that he wouldn't be able to use it as he would be immobilized by Jean's TK (Class Y LS)
The reason why he didn't use it is because it would've been useless. Ultron resists the Time Stone due to having his own
He didn't use the Eye against his counterpart anyways, so he wouldn't use time manipulation as his first move

Also I'm fairly certain he didn't use the Time Stone against his counterpart because he didn't wanna risk accelerating the process of the timeline being eradicated before he reversed the Absolute Point

That alongside the fact that he didn't use it against Ultron for it would be useless and the fact that he otherwise abused it as much as possible lead me to believe he's gonna use it liberally

They start 100 meters from each other so he already has an advantage
Jean has a range of hundreds of meters with her TK, and she can easily sense and locate him with her telepathy
2-A portals, dude
And? 2-A range is only with portals, his interdimensional range is just via summoning, his absorption only showed a range of a few meters
Also I'm 99% certain he didn't use the Time Stone against his counterpart because he didn't wanna risk the universe being eradicated before he reversed the Absolute Point
He used it to travel with his counterpart at the time of Christine's death just before the fight

You included things I didn't even mention when I said "2-A portals"...
I am not understanding you. You mentioned that Strange has interdimensional range, I clarified that that is just via summoning and doesn't scale to his other magical attacks like his absorption, which only showed a range of a few meters. And regarding the 2-A portals, I already clarified that Strange has to make a hand movement with the Sling Ring, which he would not be able to do because he would be immobilized by Jean's TK

Her TK is gesture based. Literally every scan of her using TK shows her doing it with gestures

Most of Strange's moves by his lonesome included a bunch of summons (spawning portals on the enemy which of course can alternatively be used for BFR). Or using his tentacles and or dragons on the opponent, and those can cross a hundred meters in a flash. He also has his counterpart's abilities such as instant teleportation which is huge here, and can lead to him appearing right next to her and absorbing her (shit he can teleport her as well). And he can turn into Jean's shadow

Jean's TK ofc holds him in place but gets countered by the above. In fact, her opponents can still move their hands unless she specifically paralyzes them (restraining someone's movements completely isn't usually her go to anyway, she'd rather atomize them), and even then he can get out with teleportation. Her mind manipulation is intimidating but I personally think any of the above options come out first (she usually starts with her gesture-based TK anyway) and of course one-shot Jean

This is a quick-draw match and I personally think Doctor Strange Supreme takes it

He gets my vote

Her TK is gesture based. Literally every scan of her using TK shows her doing it with gestures
Her powers are based on telepathy, Jean is a psychic. Yes, sometimes she makes gestures when she uses her TK but it doesn't mean that she necessarily has to make a hand movement to use it
Most of Strange's moves by his lonesome included a bunch of summons (spawning portals on the enemy which of course can alternatively be used for BFR)
He never used it in combat so this is pointless
Or using his tentacles and or dragons on the opponent
Strange needs to use a hand movement to activate that, he can't if he's paralyzed
and those can cross a hundred meters in a flash
Not faster than Jean's SoL attack speed, besides being thought based
He also has his counterpart's abilities such as instant teleportation which is huge here, and can lead to him appearing right next to her and absorbing her (shit he can teleport her as well).
DSS never used that, and if I remember correctly the main Strange only used it once with Thor and it wasn't even in combat
In fact, her opponents can still move their hands unless she specifically paralyzes them (restraining someone's movements completely isn't usually her go to anyway, she'd rather atomize them)
No? Jean always uses her TK along with her deconstruction when she is fighting without holding back or without being mentally unstable. Strange only has average LS and Class T with his tentacles, he can't do anything against Jean's Class Y TK
she usually starts with her gesture-based TK anyway
Again, no? Jean against Apocalypse used a combination of TK, mind hax and deconstruction, against the D'Bari she didn't use her mind hax because they can resist her telepathy, unlike Strange

Ah yes he never spawned a portal to sic enemies on someone...oh wait he did
My bad, likewise Strange wouldn't be able to do that since he would be immobilized, plus Jean's TK is faster and thought based
Also you seem to not have realized I was referring to her TK and deconstruction as the same thing lmao
They are different hax however, her deconstruction (matter hax) was bestowed by the Phoenix Force

Bump. If there aren't more arguments for Strange I will vote for Jean due to her thought based Class Y TK with SoL attack speed and her mind hax with more layers than Strange's resistance

Mind Hax is not her first move, that would most likely be TK. However, from what I remember this Strange is able to use the Time Stone without needing hands movements since when he used it against Ultron he opened it with a thought. If he get restrained by TK I don't see why he wont use the Time Stone to stop her.
Voting Strange, for now.

Yeah it is. When Jean goes all out, she uses TK, matter hax and mind hax in one go like against Apocalypse and stomped him. It’s already been pointed out above that she doesn’t use mind hax against the D’Bari in DP because they resist it and she knows that. Strange can resist matter hax all he wants but mind hax negs him.

Back