• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor strange immeasurable speed

He travels so fast and risk running into a past version of himself.

In strange tales issue ,124 the issue was about doctor strange traveling through time

In the next issue a fight between strange and Mordo it was said that those adept In magic are not bound by space and time they can be anywhere in an instance

In the other image doctor strange and the ancient one plunge themselves into the current of time.
MEDIA=imgur]a/v9GZ0Iq[/MEDIA]

citation:
strange tales issue 124,125,155

Last edited:
Moving so fast someone seems to be suspended in time is just being far faster than them, is unquantifiable, this would also be infinite speed at best.

I can't find any infinite distance there, and this would be infinite, not immensurable.

For the road of repetition, not only did he create it instead of crossing it, he also mentioned his occult powers there, implying he used a spell.

Second one does not imply time travel via speed at all.

The timeless time one was done via a spell and timeless places don't give speed anymore

I see nothing about speed or time on the book

So we really only have 1 immensurable feat and 1 possible infinite feat if you can pin point the infinite distance there, this is not enoughto upgrade him, even if legit, those would be outliers

I am not sure if this qualifies.... but if you look at his current description on his file, it could grant him infinite speed at max.

But these I am not sure about

Moving so fast someone seems to be suspended in time is just being far faster than them, is unquantifiable, this would also be infinite speed at best.

I can't find any infinite distance there, and this would be infinite, not immensurable.

For the road of repetition, not only did he create it instead of crossing it, he also mentioned his occult powers there, implying he used a spell.

Second one does not imply time travel via speed at all.

The timeless time one was done via a spell and timeless places don't give speed anymore

I see nothing about speed or time on the book

So we really only have 1 immensurable feat and 1 possible infinite feat if you can pin point the infinite distance there, this is not enoughto upgrade him, even if legit, those would be outliers
First of all he wasn't suspended in time it time that was suspended

So what if he uses a spell it still a speed feats

they are more than one immeasurable speed feat and I would add more let's see how long this outlier stuff can last.

Just a note that legitimately moving an infinite distance is just infinite speed, even when it is reliable, and that time travel does usually not remotely equate to immeasurable speed either, but the text in the scans displays as too small on my screen for me to read it.

Should I close this thread?

You should preferably do that from the start in the future.

The scan literally says "she is suspended in time", not "time is suspended", and again, moving so fast time seems frozen isjust a high speed feat, it by itself without more context is not infinite speed

Is a dimensional/time travel feat, not a speed feat, we don't scale character's speed to their hax unless there is proof of it.

Then add them lol, you just gave us 1 potentially immensurable feat and you wanna challenge the outlier side? Then be my guest.

The scan literally says "she is suspended in time", not "time is suspended", and again, moving so fast time seems frozen isjust a high speed feat, it by itself without more context is not infinite speed

Is a dimensional/time travel feat, not a speed feat, we don't scale character's speed to their hax unless there is proof of it.

Then add them lol, you just gave us 1 potentially immensurable feat and you wanna challenge the outlier side? Then be my guest.
In strange tales issue ,124 the issue was about doctor strange traveling through time

In the next issue a fight between strange and Mordo it was said that those adept In magic are not bound by space and time they can be anywhere in an instance

Also here it's implied doctor strange travels through time and sometimes risks running into his past self.
In the other image strange plunges his self in the currents of time traveling through time to reach other areas.
He also performed this feats casually and they're still other feats.

Last edited:
First scan doesn't say he ran into a past self, it says other self. Not sure if moving fast enough to make an "interdimensional road of repetition" is enough to qualify. But I don't think this is enough.

Second and third scan is his astral form, not his physical form, which is much faster than normal and does not apply to his normal speed IIRC.

Eficiente comments about this here and here:
  • While Strange was quickly travelling half-way around the world in his Astral form, it was stated that "For those few of you who are unversed in the ways of the mystic arts, a sorcerer traveling in his ectoplasmic form, may reach any spot in seconds...for he is not bound to ordinary natural laws of time or motion"- Strange Tales (1951)/vol 1 issue 124
  • Stated that "To those adept in the mystic arts, time and space are meaningless when they are in their ectoplasmic form!" as Strange and Mordo in their Astral forms fought and moved into the ocean in seconds.- Strange Tales (1951)/vol 1 issue 125
  • "To the master of black magic, while in his spirit form the boundaries of time and gravity are meaningless!" This one was more to show how he could fly, if he also moved a bit faster than a normal human.- Journey into Mystery (1952)/vol 1 issue 108
  • Loki makes a potion to "pierce the veil of time", "shatter the fabric of distance" and "set free [his] mystic essence", letting his soul "unfettered by space and time" to roam the cosmos. This is an early version of his Astral Projection, later in the issue he refers to that state as his astral form, and later issues (if not in this one) he doesn't need to make a posion for it, but the mechanics have no reason to not be the same as with Dr. Strange's Astral form and the description is comparable.- The Silver Surfer vol 1/(1968) issue 4

First scan doesn't say he ran into a past self, it says other self. Not sure if moving fast enough to make an "interdimensional road of repetition" is enough to qualify. But I don't think this is enough.

Second and third scan is his astral form, not his physical form, which is much faster than normal and does not apply to his normal speed IIRC.

Eficiente comments about this here and here:
  • While Strange was quickly travelling half-way around the world in his Astral form, it was stated that "For those few of you who are unversed in the ways of the mystic arts, a sorcerer traveling in his ectoplasmic form, may reach any spot in seconds...for he is not bound to ordinary natural laws of time or motion"- Strange Tales (1951)/vol 1 issue 124
  • Stated that "To those adept in the mystic arts, time and space are meaningless when they are in their ectoplasmic form!" as Strange and Mordo in their Astral forms fought and moved into the ocean in seconds.- Strange Tales (1951)/vol 1 issue 125
  • "To the master of black magic, while in his spirit form the boundaries of time and gravity are meaningless!" This one was more to show how he could fly, if he also moved a bit faster than a normal human.- Journey into Mystery (1952)/vol 1 issue 108
  • Loki makes a potion to "pierce the veil of time", "shatter the fabric of distance" and "set free [his] mystic essence", letting his soul "unfettered by space and time" to roam the cosmos. This is an early version of his Astral Projection, later in the issue he refers to that state as his astral form, and later issues (if not in this one) he doesn't need to make a posion for it, but the mechanics have no reason to not be the same as with Dr. Strange's Astral form and the description is comparable.- The Silver Surfer vol 1/(1968) issue 4
The repetition are is past self as he is moving so fast

Also even if that's just is astral form it should still count to his speed rating

Also didn't Mordo state that his physical form is above his astral form?

Thank you for helping out.

Westcoast has asked me that we should close this thread, so he can post a new one that is better organised and contains more evidence. Is this a good idea, or would it just require the members here to post the same debunks once again? If so, perhaps Westcoast is willing to post his additional evidence here instead?

Westcoast, if you want to make a doc strange speed upgrade, I recommend going for Infinite instead. There are some feats here and there that could be used. But remember, a lot of them are with amps/prep time so it won't scale to his base base base speed.

The repetition are is past self as he is moving so fast

Also even if that's just is astral form it should still count to his speed rating

Also didn't Mordo state that his physical form is above his astral form?
It doesn't say that in the panel itself, not to mention I don't think that alone could give a speed rating.

It would not scale to anyone expect Strange's astral form, and maybe other people who use them. It would be a separate rating from his normal one.

He also need the Ancient One's assistance there in travelling through time, once he lost the light he was helpless to do anything and trapped in the past as warned by the Ancient One, if he was immeasurable he would be able to travel through time himself without assistance or guidance from someone else.

Not sure, not familiar enough with Doctor Strange to answer that.

It doesn't say that in the panel itself, not to mention I don't think that alone could give a speed rating.

It would not scale to anyone expect Strange's astral form, and maybe other people who use them. It would be a separate rating from his normal one.

He also need the Ancient One's assistance there in travelling through time, once he lost the light he was helpless to do anything and trapped in the past as warned by the Ancient One, if he was immeasurable he would be able to travel through time himself without assistance or guidance from someone else.

Not sure, not familiar enough with Doctor Strange to answer that.
The reason he needed ancient one assistance was because that was the first time he traveled through time. when he was falling to the chaos he managed to illuminate the way back to the present himself. Also In another issue him and Mordo were having race through time and space without the help of the ancient one.

Also the only characters I wanted to scale from this was eternity as he as always been considered far superior than doctor strange.

I’m pretty much in agreement with what everyone else has said so far.

The first scan doesn’t qualify for immeasurable speed.

I don’t see how the second one would qualify either. Aside from the fact that it would only scale to Strange’s astral form, Strange explicitly gets stuck in the past because he doesn’t have the Ancient One opening a pathway for him anymore. That kinda shows that he can’t just time travel via sheer speed.

Third one again only applies to astral forms, it literally says “time and space are meaningless when they are in their ectoplasmic form.” Also it stated that he changed the scene of battle “within seconds,” which implies that it happened in a finite amount of time. Not immeasurable.

I’m pretty much in agreement with what everyone else has said so far.

The first scan doesn’t qualify for immeasurable speed.

I don’t see how the second one would qualify either. Aside from the fact that it would only scale to Strange’s astral form, Strange explicitly gets stuck in the past because he doesn’t have the Ancient One opening a pathway for him anymore. That kinda shows that he can’t just time travel via sheer speed.

Third one again only applies to astral forms, it literally says “time and space are meaningless when they are in their ectoplasmic form.” Also it stated that he changed the scene of battle “within seconds,” which implies that it happened in a finite amount of time. Not immeasurable.
He was stuck in the past because he couldn't see the light to the future then he later used the eye of agommoto illuminate the way to the present. Also the ancient one helps him because this was the first time he ever traveled through time.

And so what if is only is ectoplasmic form that scales it's still immeasurable speed

Also that "within seconds" statement isn't a debunk and it happening I'm a finite amount of time isn't debunk because he can appear anywhere in Time and space in a finite amount of time.
Also in another issue him and Mordo raced across time and space in there ectoplasmic form.

He was stuck in the past because he couldn't see the light to the future then he later used the eye illuminate the way to the present
And so what if is only is ectoplasmic form that scales it's still immeasurable speed
You definitely should’ve included this in the OP. I suppose that seems fine, but only for the speed of his astral form. His base speed wouldn’t scale.
Also that "within seconds" statement isn't a debunk and it happening I'm a finite amount of time isn't debunk because he can appear anywhere in Time and space in a finite amount of time.
Your scan doesn’t show this, at all, nor is it stated. If it took him seconds to travel to the ocean, that is blatantly not immeasurable speed. It’s not even infinite speed.

You definitely should’ve included this in the OP. I suppose that seems fine, but only for the speed of his astral form. His base speed wouldn’t scale.

Your scan doesn’t show this, at all, nor is it stated. If it took him seconds to travel to the ocean, that is blatantly not immeasurable speed. It’s not even infinite speed.
His base speed wouldn't scale I suppose that's fine.

The scan was to add additional information that he his unbound by time and space.

Back