• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
WeeklyBattles said:
Although technically killing someone on an atomic level isnt the same thing as desintegrating them
Kepekley23 said:
Yes it is. It is actually more impressive.
Why it's more impressive?

Isn't it just a fancy way to say "atomization"?

Because, more often than not, fiction portrays atomic hax as not outright "killing" the target, which is why people with Regenerationn manage to survive.

Outright killing someone with it is a bit more impressive (in my view, of course - nothing wrong with disagreeing with it)

Kaltias said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Although technically killing someone on an atomic level isnt the same thing as desintegrating them
Kepekley23 said:
Yes it is. It is actually more impressive.
Why it's more impressive?
Depends. Was the disentegration feat using the physics definition of the term, which is to break apart at the subatomic level, or was it the more common definition of simply scattering the victim into many small pieces, where upon killing someone at an atomic level would indeed be a more impressive feat?

I mean, I would say that "killing" your atoms would be more a mix of matter manipulation + death manipulation to be sure that you stay dead.

But tbf it depends entirely on the context of the feat

Wait, so Bayo going into Purgatorio right off the bat is not legit? Wouldn't that affect the outcome of her previous fights?

Kaltias said:
I mean, I would say that "killing" your atoms would be more a mix of matter manipulation + death manipulation to be sure that you stay dead.
But tbf it depends entirely on the context of the feat
Agreed, on that end

RebubleUselet said:
Wait, so Bayo going into Purgatorio right off the bat is not legit? Wouldn't that affect the outcome of her previous fights?
Depends on if she's bloodlusted or not. Bloodlusted Bayonetta would probably just Purgatorio and snipe, but in-character is another story.

Bayo in character goes into purgatorio even if she doesnt know who she's fighting. Its instinctual for her.

The real cal howard said:
What Blur said. All those clips, she was going to something, not from something. And you worded it like she was completely blindsided and it was a knee jerk reaction, when it's kinda clear that she's could tell something was going down on the other side. And with clip two, the fact that she confronted the culprit means she was never gonna dimension snipe, regardless of if it was a child or not. Not to mention that such a cowardly tactic is incredibly anti-Bayonetta.
@Weekly: Nope.

WeeklyBattles said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Bayo in character goes into purgatorio even if she doesnt know who she's fighting. Its instinctual for her.
Yup
Explain to me exactly what about those clips tells you that she's doing that instinctively to avoid a threat.

Explain to me exactly how it's in-character for Bayonetta to be a total ******* coward. >_>

Also Bayo has dimension sniped things for fun, she destroyed a mirror in the real world just so Luka couldnt see her

Korudo Daio said:
Explain to me exactly what about those clips tells you that she's doing that instinctively to avoid a threat.

Explain to me exactly how it's in-character for Bayonetta to be a total ******* coward. >_>
Why would she need to avoid a threat? She does it instinctively regardless of the threat because thats what she does in character at the start of the fight, even if she doesnt know what the threat is yet.

It is absolutely in character for her do do stuff cross-dimensionally, in the middle of a fight she dimension sniped a mirror so Luka couldnt see her

WeeklyBattles said:
Why would she need to avoid a threat? She does it instinctively regardless of the threat because thats what she does in character at the start of the fight, even if she doesnt know what the threat is yet.

It is absolutely in character for her do do stuff cross-dimensionally, in the middle of a fight she dimension sniped a mirror so Luka couldnt see her

RebubleUselet said:
Rasalom and Ren Fuji yes

But let's wait out and see the discussion

Bayo going to purgatorio at the start of a fight is legit

All of her fights take place in Purgatorio, every single one, regardless of the opponent, she literally does this to keep herself hidden from the real world, even when she's not fighting she has a tendency to stay in purgatorio just so people cant see her

Most of the examples you've given are meeting someone o Purgatorio.

Only legitimate example is she pranking Luka for fun, which is, well...hardly combat applicable.

ThDoctor Doom stomps. He has BFR technology and his super intelligence is likely to calculate the frequency of where the world interacts with Purgatorio. get there and fight off Bayo with ease

And yes, he will even copy the guns on the heels.

The guy is a genius expert on multiversal trouble who has fought both cosmic and magical threats with similar powers, he can handle a woman with no clothes

The plane crash was done whan she had no idea that there was someone who she was going to fight

The Sapentia one was done by her reacting to water moving violently in the middle of a storm when she didnt know who it was she was going to fight

Even if you want to disregard that, the fact that she always fights in purgatorio and never outside it is more than enough proof that she would go there instinctively at the start of a fight as she has no reason to go against her instincts and what she has shown to lead every single one of her fights with throughout the entirety of the series

If it's not already clear, I'm voting for doom btw.

What Cal said here holds true.

> Even if you want to disregard that, the fact that she always fights in purgatorio and never outside it is more than enough proof that she would go there instinctively at the start of a fight as she has no reason to go against her instincts and what she has shown to lead every single one of her fights with throughout the entirety of the series

She fights in Purgatorio against people who are in Purgatorio. Not outside it. That's completely against her character.

What are the reasons for Doom? I know I could go back and read the thread but I don't wanna. Not doubting at all that he wins this but I'd like to know my reasons above

Basically.

Doom can mindhax her with a glare or steal her powers or dominate with his superior skill and intellect

Doom votes also go against many points in Bayonetta's favor like her Mind resistance not being up to par and her going into Purgatorio immediately is getting contested.

Why does he need to be High 4C to do that?

Acacia I get, But Yukari is completely Hax based and AP doesn't mean anything against Low Godly

Back