• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do these qualify as Conceptual Manipulation?

Rikimarox2

He/Him
About to make a profile for a novel, but I'm conflicted about Laws and Concepts since some said this isn't conceptual manip.

So, in the verse, there exists stuff called Laws. Laws are what "defines" what is, and everything is made up of laws, and laws, in turn, are made up of energy (Fundamental thing, doesn't matter right now).

Usually, this is just Law manip if someone manages to do stuff with it, but the more I read into it, the more I think this is law and concept manip.

Here are some examples:
"The planet is still cut off from space and time," Gravis said. "As soon as something external comes into contact with its domain, it will stop. All of this is not real, which means that space and time don't exist. You have to make it exist." "Infuse the same Higher World Core with the entire Law of Primordial Force," Gravis said.
A world lacked time and space, and the only way to make time and space exist is to infuse the Law of Primordial Force to it, which is the Law of Time, Space, and Gravity. Is this how Laws are supposed to work? There have been instances of Laws being interchanged with Concepts, so I'm kind of trying to see if it sticks. These statements also exists which interchanges Law with Concept:
Gravis realized that he had gotten closer to understanding the concept behind them. Yet, he had no idea how much more he had to learn to understand the concept. He remembered that he had thought that he been at the cusp of understanding the concept behind the materials after just reading the booklet. Yet, after so much practice, he felt his knowledge increase crazily, but that one small step looked even harder to take now. ’Heh, I’ve been naïve,’ Gravis thought. ’I thought I was close to understanding a Law, but, obviously, I’m not.’

Many of Gravis’ past experiences gathered together to form one whole concept. This concept was a Law! Additionally, this Law was something very few living beings managed to comprehend.
A Law was the understanding of a concept, and to understand such a concept, one needed to have a lot of experience with it.
The concept of heat does not need a specific Element to interact with it, making it a more general kind of Law.
"However!" Arc shouted loudly to gain Gravis’ attention. "How do you comprehend the Major Law of Death? What must happen for you to learn such a concept?
Honestly, I'm not sure anymore if Laws are concepts, or Laws are made up of concepts, ie still Law and Conceptual Manip.

Also, kind of unrelated, but would this make souls a conceptual thing since they are also made up of Laws and Energy, and, well, they are called an ethereal concept:
’This doesn’t seem to be a simple Law. Such an ethereal concept like the soul shouldn’t be that easy to understand. It seems more similar to my Law of Suppression.’

seems like concept and law hax and for the second one no. It just seems to refer to souls as a non physical thing nothing conceptual

The term concept mentioned in these paragraph isn't literal concepts that define thing, but just a general concept or idea that do not really impact reality, but i can understand why you can come to conclusion that this Law thing is concept. Personally i'm leaning toward this isn't concept, but considering how wacky CM is evaluated these days, i think you can get CM hax with these evidences

Back