• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do genetic clones have souls?

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
If someone used your DNA to clone you, would that genetic clone have a soul or no?. Asking this because Dani Phantom is a genetic clone of Danny Phantom but I don't if we assume she has a soul given she is just his DNA and not "born" like he was.

Ok. It just seemed odd to me that a being made from just blood and grown in a lab (or however the verse decides to make clones) would have an actual soul.

The problem is, the clone was made from nothing but another's DNA. By that definition, they should have the same soul given they are you which would be impossible.

Your just made from dna, just a bit more mixed up then then dani was. We have no reason to believe a living beings soul is tied to their dna.

further dani is a girl meaning theirs been some changes made to danny's dna....

@The pen

Obviously the DNA has been altered in Dani's case. However I still don't understand why a being created directly from your blood would have a soul in general given your soul does not reside in your blood. It just randomly gaining a soul doesn't make any sense imo as it was not "born" like a normal being.

I'll let it go though given that's how we treat it. It's just weird to me.

Because haveing a soul has nothing to do with where or what you come from. A creature created in a test tube should have a soul just as well as one grown in a womb, a clone just has the same dna as it progenator. This doesn't link in anyway to souls afaik, or do identical twins only have one soul? As an identical twin...no we have no souls :p

If it's up to the author then it's impossible to tell given the writer doesn't think his characters are spirits yet they have evidence against this statement. Butch isn't the best judge when it comes to what his characters are or have which is why his word is only valid when it's backed up.

Regardless, I guess this can be closed given I don't have any solid evidence of her not having a soul.

If the author do not say anything then you go by the standard, if the character have a soul or not depends of the opponent's verse soul standard (that most of time involve living beings).

Alright then. You can close this thread now since my question has been answered.

Back