• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do a character's weapons scale with them?

Say if a city level character had a sword that could harm people with his durability, if he got stronger and reached, say, Island level, would the sword get stronger as well?

If the character still fights with said sword, I would say the sword always had that AP, just that the character wasn't strong enough to use it. Unless the sword is magical or something.

Yup what was said above. If he still uses the sword even after that level than the sword is assumed to be able to deal that much damage, otherwise it would break or not deal damage and said character wouldn't need to use it.

Take Roronoa Zoro as an example. Zoro had many swords during the series but he has the Wado Ichimonji since BoS. It's his main katana and had used it his entire life.

Zoro went from High 8-C to (after revisions) 7-B and can dealt that kind of damage with that sword. The sword is durable enough to sustain a certain amount of damage but is Zoro who needs to be strong enough to deal that kind of damage with it (and the katana's durability is limited by a reason explained during the series so the 7-B attack is something he makes with a dura enhancing ability on the sword). Without it Wado Ichimonji's Durability should be below 7-B and therefore it should its AP but Zoro couldn't use the full potential earlier in the series.

I know this is a bit complicated but I hope it answer your question.

Back