• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC5 Vergil vs Julius Novachrono

Guys, wait for the CRT

If it gets accepted, it will give Vergil Resistance to Time Manipulation which is what Julius uses to EE

Dante Demon Killah said:
Guys, wait for the CRT

If it gets accepted, it will give Vergil Resistance to Time Manipulation which is what Julius uses to EE
He already has resistance to time manip. Besides, he uses age manipulation to EE

Epsilon R said:
Dante Demon Killah said:
Guys, wait for the CRT

He already has resistance to time manip. Besides, he uses age manipulation to EE
He resists Time Stop for now

Also, Age can be countered by DT since it gives him Type 1 Immortality

Age magic can be both time acceleration (Age Vergil until he doesn't exist) or time reversal (Rejuvenate Vergil to the point he doesn't exist)

Tony di bugalu said:
Unless he can pull off both of them at the same time b4 Vergil gets close then I don't think it is fair.

I mean, with the AP difference like this Vergil just glares too hard at him and be done with it.

4km with FTL speeds is nothing.

Even then this version of Vergil resist time stop meaning only the unnamed erasing attack can work and that is if they hit as Vergil can just teleport out of the way.

Using DT Vegil is inmune to the aging magic as he has inmortality type 1 & 3 as a demon on top of becoming faster and fear haxing Julius to death.

Like I said, I personally think this is spite for what you were talking in the other thread with the OP.

Epsilon R said:

Epsilon R wrote:

Age magic can be both time acceleration (Age Vergil until he doesn't exist) or time reversal (Rejuvenate Vergil to the point he doesn't exist)

For the third time, his resistance to time manip won't matter here since he uses age manipulation to EE

Age Manipulation is subcategory of time manip. Vergil is immortal type 1 so age hax doesn't work on him. And Julius' EE is reversal/annihilation based

SpookyShadow said:
Age Manipulation is subcategory of time manip. Vergil is immortal type 1 so age hax doesn't work on him. And Julius' EE is reversal/annihilation based
His EE sounds pretty useless to to immortal characters if it reverses your age.

It's annihilating your time, meaning you don't exist. I've seen people claiming that it's accelerating age to the point of turning into ash, but then ash wouldn't literally appear in his hands and in such big amount. It was either air pressure (old building) or fancy effect.

SpookyShadow said:
It's annihilating your time, meaning you don't exist. I've seen people claiming that it's accelerating age to the point of turning into ash, but then ash wouldn't literally appear in his hands and in such big amount. It was either air pressure (old building) or fancy effect.
Isn't turning somebody to ash a natural means, or is that just if they're already dead?

His EE sounds pretty useless to to immortal characters if it reverses your age.

Type 1 immortals cannot die from old age, that doesn't mean that they can't be rejuvenated to the point they don't exist. Also having type 1 doesn't automatically make you unable to age, you can't die from old age, but you can still age

It's not turning into ash. Patry stated that Julius is capable of annihilating/destroying time. I'm pretty sure that's this ability, because again, this is not how decomposition works.

SpookyShadow said:
It's not turning into ash. Patry stated that Julius is capable of annihilating/destroying time. I'm pretty sure that's this ability, because again, this is not how decomposition works.
I see.

Honestly, Julius kit as a whole is very vague. His 2 fights are him holding back and hasnt showcase ability like Deceleration and Timeloop. It's possible that he can maybe paradox someone. We have yet to see him fight at full power

SpookyShadow said:
GER's ability is not really timeloop but I know what you mea
Doesn't he just turn everything to zero, and to some extent reset the universe or some shit?

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
It's like cause and effect type ability. I can hardly say he controls time minus the rewind part
GER's timehax is pretty ******* broken, man

GER resetted Diavolo's erased time, it's causality manipulation I'd say. And Diavolo can see certain future, but GER changed it so that's also a bit of fatehax. Anything done against him never really happened, that's his ability.

But well, better not to derail.

SpookyShadow said:
GER resetted Diavolo's erased time, it's causality manipulation I'd say. And Diavolo can see certain future, but GER changed it so that's also a bit of fatehax. Anything done against him never really happened, that's his ability.
But well, better not to derail.
That sounds broken.

Yeah, people claim that GER is one of the most broken abilities in fiction. And it really is if we don't consider those tier 1 thingies. You need acausality or higher dimensional hax to bypass GER ability, or maybe some other I forgot about.

SpookyShadow said:
Yeah, people claim that GER is one of the most broken abilities in fiction. And it really is if we don't consider those tier 1 thingies. You need acausality or higher dimensional hax to bypass GER ability, or maybe some other I forgot about.
HA DIO's Universe rewriting is pretty broken too.

SpookyShadow said:
JoJo also does have a rat that can beat a lot of people that are higher tiers than it.

Back