• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
While the battle for Tier-1 DMC is still far from over, I am starting to think that the Intelligence of DMC's main cast seems a bit... off. The MvC Dante/Vergil pages have Combat Genius, but the mainline Dante and Vergil are simply Gifted even with all the feats they've shown (Dante's detective proficiency, his cutscene ability to instantly master different weapons and his mastery surpassing one of Sparda's. The latter should also go for Vergil.) Also, I have access to an illegal online scan with Arkham somehow being able to decipher a forbidden tome telling about the Temen-Ni-Gru seals, while it proved to be too much for Vergil due to the number of ancient languages. And he's still listed as Gifted. Of course, the Arkham feat might be the problem of translation into my native language, so if somebody has a Devil's Lair version of the same page, I will be glad to see it. Sparda's intelligence should also be a Combat Genius then, as he was still superior in skills to Dante until 4. I'm not sure about Nero's intelligence though, his battle style is focused on brute strength, but he also was able to craft Blue Rose which impressed even Nico.

Last edited:
They were supposed to ger extraordinary genius but the guy that did the thread likes to lowball everything as much as possible even if it doesn't make sense

They were supposed to ger extraordinary genius but the guy that did the thread likes to lowball everything as much as possible even if it doesn't make sense
Huh. Does the EX Genius come from Dante and Vergil wielding the Yamato? I mean, it should take a lot of brainpower to understand how to cut dimensions and do it as proficiently as Vergil, right?

Btw, it it possible to do a content revision to get it at least to combat genius?

Also, are you at least somewhat familiar with HSR's verse? There's an example of, pardon my French, a completely effing dumbass highballing of INT of some characters for no goddamn reason, that the DMC INT situation becomes even more hillarious.

Huh. Does the EX Genius come from Dante and Vergil wielding the Yamato? I mean, it should take a lot of brainpower to understand how to cut dimensions and do it as proficiently as Vergil, right?

Btw, it it possible to do a content revision to get it at least to combat genius?
Nah. It comes from PoC stating Dante is perfect and can master literally anything in a few seconds and in a verse filled with people that can create machines that mess with space-time and parallel universes then you can see where this is going.

Without PoC they should have Genius intelligence based on the ability to master anything they touch almost instantly among their intelligence in combat.

Nah. It comes from PoC stating Dante is perfect and can master literally anything in a few seconds and in a verse filled with people that can create machines that mess with space-time and parallel universes then you can see where this is going.

Without PoC they should have Genius intelligence based on the ability to master anything they touch almost instantly among their intelligence in combat.
I see. Is it safe to assume that PoC feats aren't taken seriously due to the 9D Souls conspiracy and the game's overall debateable canonicity?

Back