• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DK Fight - Donkey Kong VS Fomortiis

DK's mind manip should protect him. He puts him to sleep using magic but sleep is still a mental process, just one being triggered by supernatural means. If someone used magic to make fire, we wouldn't claim that it would ignore standard fire resistance just because it is magic; sleep is much the same.

00potato said:
DK's mind manip should protect him. He puts him to sleep using magic but sleep is still a mental process, just one being triggered by supernatural means. If someone used magic to make fire, we wouldn't claim that it would ignore standard fire resistance just because it is magic; sleep is much the same.
Can anyone answer this before voting?

I'm on the fence about it, because it's not just that it's magic, but also because sleep is an enigma.

I tried reading the wikipedia post we link on the page to describe sleep, but what actually make sleep work and it's relationship to the mind isn't well defined, and doesn't seem well understood.

Plus, the wiki doesn't seem to offically link the two between Sleep and Mind Manipulations.

For now, I don't personally see the problem with saying that the Demon King's supernatural forced sleep has nothing to do with mental resistances, but only because the information available seems increadibly vauge about what sleep even really is.

Back