• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distorting Time Calcuation?

This thread is for any possible ideas for finding energy needed to distort time.

OK, I know I am probably shooting the breeze here, but hear me out on this one. I think I may have a pattern to find the amount of energy needed to distort time, now hear me out.

Because to me, it sounds something like utilizing a gravity well-like feature.

First you would need to find the time dilation between the observer/relative time at source, and the dilated time.

And then do some reverse calculation with radius and mass of the object in question to get the Gravitational acceleration.

And then apply that to the Gravitational Potential Energy calc to get the energy.

Before anything I think it is important to give an example on a small scale.

giving an example:
  1. Time Interval (1.5 second), Relative Time (1 second)
  2. Mass = 5340 lb
  3. Radius from source = 6.93 m
  4. the result for the Gravitational acceleration is 4.493775893e+5 m/s^2
  5. we get GPE with the same mass but for height in this example is 17.83 meters.
  6. The energy from the all this is 19415126297.83 joules = 4.64 tons of tnt
How about that?

Respect the work put into the calc. Thing about it is that it only applies to characters that use grav manip to screw with time, which is an incredibly niche group. The applicability of this calc is next to non-existent, but if you bump into a character that does it, feel free to crunch the numbers ig

Back