• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discouraging Ridiculous Verses/Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is also why I will never make a 0 and must stick to High1-A for the strongest being in my veres at least for Version I will put on this wiki.

Me too, I'm working on a verse with two 1-A's and two High 1-A's but I'm making sure I can play cards correctly on them and make them interesting and powerful instead of just making them flat out just super powerful. Like a sort of pantheon, filled with 2-A's, 1-C's, 3-A's, etc. besides having 0's without it being somewhat interesting is a bad idea

I think the problem here is that some of you want powers and abilities to define your characters when its character that defines character; there is no law in fiction that says you can't make a Tier 0 interesting, it simply takes good writing and time to flesh one it without making them contrived as all hell.

Okay, this is gonna be my final summary on the matter.

My take on "Creative Freedom and OP characters"

Now then, anyone is allowed to make a verse as they see fit. If you wanna make an I/O where practically everyone is 1-A? Fine. Not everyone agrees with that but whatever. The goal here is to build up your characters. How many people that make these absurd 1-As and above can say they built up their characters? People like FateAlbane, Ven, and Dragon all want their works to actually BE something one day. Of course this is a place for fan characters as well, but nobody wants to see a Tier 1-B Sonic. It's awful and makes it obvious you only care about power. Like Aku said, power doesn't define your character and how deep/complex they are. Character development, ethical complexity, psychological complexity, and character depth are all what makes a character so great. Hellsing isn't Tier 1 yet it is one of the deepest manga I have ever read. Same with Beserk and Tsubasa Rservior Chronicles (Tsubasa is Tier 2 but still). The Masadaverse and Umineko have tremendous characters, they aren't amazing because they are extremely hax verses, Takashi Masada and Ryukishi07 don't give a damn about vs debating or power levels outside of the consistency and continuity of their own series.

Regarding the "too many powers" aspect. If you have to go a bit in detail with a specific power, go for it. You shouldn't be listing ten rows of powers/abilities for ANY character regardless of tier. Nobody is reading all of that and the powers chosen come from Powerlisting, who have wanked/omni/meta/omnipotent powers that are nonsensicalbor applied to be at their absolute. Too many powers and detail to a point it surpasses ACF's most detailed pages and carry more words than Naruto's wiki page on Narutopedia is unwarranted, unnecessary, awful profile making, and bad judgment bundled together.

I have three manwha and one manga published, all are one shots that I made for amateur competitions from 2012-2015 while I was in Art School and right after I graduated. I love writing characters, I absolutely adore fantasy, the escape from reality, the ability to create your own world figuratively. Ven's old verse was by no means terrible or bad, but it opened the gateway for Suggs-lites to co exist. This is why I told him to rewrite his verse from the ground up, change it's fundamentals, write what you love. etc. And now he's in the process of making a new verse with the same characters he had before, but this new verse focuses on their relationshios, though it is still powerful and peaks at 1-A, it's only a handful of characters and so far it is genius. As soon as Ven stopped worrying about power he was able to make professional tier characters.

This is not even a debate. Creative control my ass, let go of all these ridiculous character ideas you have guys. No tier 0 needs more than one key. period. No one can become High 1-A. period. If a character becomes 1-A it better be executed well. period. No "b...but I WANNA write mah Suggs 2.0!" You cannot succeed where Lionel failed, it's a dead end. There's nothing brilliant about OP characters. Creating them without any philisophical complexity is childish anyway. I expect that from my Ven ten years ago when he was 14, but c'mon.

You are not being impressive that is the terrible truth. Actually such pages are cringeworthy and make people upset. That's why I made this thread to begin with. Again you can make any kind of verse you want. Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Grimdark, Steampunk, Fanfiction, Space Opera, Galaxy Wars, Multiversal Battle Royal, whatever you like but when making these characters PLEASE for the sake of the quality of this wiki and the integrity of it's users...please don't go overboard with tiering and abilities, you can be unique, but not "At least High 1-A" or 9-B, 0 with hax or stupid crap like that.

Why list omnipotence but then list ultipotence and metapotence they are just illogical minor forms of the original. That's not being creative that's being an asshole. "ZOMG I'm gunna make da stronkest character on dis wiki! x3". No...I'd rather see a very compelling 9-B character with backstory, ethical and psychilogical complexity and character development than a over-the-top Tier 1, creativity be damned.

Another problem is too many users are trying to make "interesting" Tier 0s by bending the rules of what a Tier 0 absolute boundlessness in the first place. *sighs*. All of the good pages are buried under filth...it's heartbreaking.

Sera Loveheart said:
Another problem is too many users are trying to make "interesting" Tier 0s by bending the rules of what a Tier 0 absolute boundlessness in the first place. *sighs*. All of the good pages are buried under filth...it's heartbreaking.
We need to be more ruthless. They never listen and instead just double down. Delete all of these terribad Tier 0s and High 1-As.

That's obvious. I think our rules are pretty clear on that. We have a thread for reviewing Tier 1s and 0s. So...

A. Those pages aren't being reviewed

B. The original owners aren't posting them to be reviewed. Either intentionally or not.

I'm inclined to lean more towards B. I think some people have made Tier 0 pages without posting them on the review page which is against the rules. The only exception is making a page that is very high in quality. Then it doesn't need to be reviewed.

Sorry. I was busy trying to upgrade Haruka Kaminogi . My tier 0's were reviewed on the previous review thread, so i figured i didn't have to review them again. If not, i'll post them there right away.

If I feel like it the verse I'm working on has a chance to have a 0, however he's only mentioned once and not exactly truly an entity or anything else. Might as well just be something like the "Unknown" or a void. Something sentient though.

But I'll follow character rules though and I won't make true infinity speed

About becoming 0, if you want to do that without becoming with that 0 being hypothetically I would say that they were always 0 and willingly just locked themselves up in order to let whomever the character is find it, unlock it, then return them to its true self out of spite.

It's theoretically possible. The problem is we should lean more towards probability instead of possibility. It's unlikely a Tier 0 would do that but it is potentially possible.

I agree with Matthew as well, we need to be more aggressive with how we treat and review High 1-As and 0s. I mean look at how many kudos Sera's take on Creative Freedom and OP characters post got. It's currently at 10, the community obviously agrees.

VenomElite said:
It's theoretically possible. The problem is we should lean more towards probability instead of possibility. It's unlikely a Tier 0 would do that but it is potentially possible.

I agree with Matthew as well, we need to be more aggressive with how we treat and review High 1-As and 0s. I mean look at how many kudos Sera's take on Creative Freedom and OP characters post got. It's currently at 10, the community obviously agrees.
0's do whatever they want. If they want to just throw themselves into subconsciousness just for ***** and giggles then reveal themselves as True God then so be it

No. Tier 0s don't have personalities. A tier 0 doesn't "do what they want". Stop confusing Tier 0 with a certain concept of "omnipotence". They are '''not''' the same thing.

Okey, now we are getting discussion what i want hear and i want get opinion.

I made this character be my verse ``top being```, technically tier 0 with his own created personality. So, i am now asking you Sera and Matthew your opinion about this?

Tier 0 can`t have personality as you said. I know you are have been in this game longer than me, meaning doing characers and stories and know this tiering system better than me. So, i not gonna begin argue my charcter tiering with you, instead i wanna ask your opinion for this character new tier...

Option A: I made this character tier ``unknow`` and be like narrator for story. Mysterious entity which knows everything by his ``book of Knowledge`` and telling story to readers or...

Option B. I put this character tier 1-A as simply outside everything, like time and space.

I am asking this, because i wanna hear your opinion as reader, which option like character you would think be more interesting?

Either works. Actually High 1-A would also work (surprisingly). Whereas there is only potentially some minor/obscure limitation to its power and that limitation being a personality.

Actually Sera I am confused on that as well. Why can't an "omnipotent" have a personality? I feel even Tier: 0 can have interesting characters. I don't see personality as a limitation at all personally.

Personality is a part of one's perspective. Tier 0s are without perspective, they are beyond all perspectives.

@Dragon

"It is true that God as creator, revealer, and savior is not to be identified with the Absolute as such; it is likewise true that God in Himself, in the full depth of His reality, is not to be reduced to the creative Function."- Frithjof Schuon

The Law of Identity's Tier 0 status is questionable, even for Ven, who upgraded her in the first place.

I see....Well then....My "The Creator" is supposed to be the Judeo/Christian God...hmmm I'm in a real pickle now......Luckily I never planned on making a file for him(I personally feel that tier 0's shouldn't really need a file)

No, what it's saying is that the concept of a Tier 0 is not simply "Creator", even a creator of an endless hierarchy of 1-As. Because boundlessness is fully transcendent in itself. It is like an absolute law. Azathoth is not Tier 0 because he created everything but because everything is part of it and totally dependent upon it to function. However that's not the only concept of a Tier 0.

Meh. Not really gonna sweat it honestly I'm not going to change my supreme being over some tiering. As long as he didn't contradict what I was making him to be in story.

To be honest, we are going off DarkLK's original description for Tier 0. But Ven thinks Tier 0s don't have to be omniscient just primary.

Man, the main wiki doesn't get it. 1-As, High 1-As, and 0s, as well as supreme being lower tiers are fundamentally the same. I'm not crying that the supreme being(s) in my verse cap at 1-A because they are the same as Tier 0s except they are personal i.e. they have personalities and other minor limitations. Howevery they are the Absolute, whereas literally and absolutely, everything flows from them and is part of them.

Mercurius is the same as Parabrahman except he has minor limitations which makes him so interesting despite being so powerful. Like Sera said the problem is people trying to make Tier 0s interesting (in relation to having personalities that hinder them but do so "intentionally".). They need to just make Tier 1s then. Any single Outer God can be the Tier 0 of many other verses but not in the Mythos due to Yog and those above it.

Yes, the difference between a High 2-A with no weaknesses and a Tier 0 is scale and that's it. My verse caps at 1-B and I'm proud of that. I could've easily made it 1-A but that would break my integrity as a creator. I'm the artist for Ven's verse and Tsubaki's. Both have 1-A verses, why would I wanna keep doing the same thing? I wanna make sure my verse stands out and is not just another vanilla "OP verse".

There's people on this wiki that only make high tier shit. That's so annoying, I'm sorry, but it is. Is that all they know how to do?

dont forget about the absurd amounts of hax that make them pretty much unbeatable :/ immune to 99 percent of stuff

Exactly , that's even worse. We already had a conversation about that though.

FC/OC is just like Powerlisting wiki. There's good pages and there's over-the-top/wanked/nonsensical/Suggs-mentality stuff as well. They already have major quality control issues (Omega Omnisphere....need I say more?). Should we become like them? Certainly not.

its pretty hard to find matches like that especially for characters like mine who don't even come cloe to other characters who are in the samer tier due to the fact that their so haxed into oblivion, tier 6-B beating 1-C characters due to hax is ridiculous imo, im not saying everyone should make weak af characters but just somehow realistic ? in the sense that it makes sense, don't make your character Op for the sake of making Them Op. if your character has insane hax he should have legitimate reason for having those, there's no way you can be immune to everything.

Well honestly, it seems like the three main interactions we've seen of TOAA he's displayed somewhat of a personality as well.

Also if I haven't said this somewhere else in this massive thread yet, I agree with most of what Sera says in regards to good writing. And if this site wants to maintain profiles with good writing, I can support and respect that.

The "beyond omnipotent," multiple Tier 0 keys and insane Mary Suggs people can go on Joke Battles I guess. That site was never about quality control, as long as profiles don't go too far with graphic or harassing pages. I designed to place to be as lenient and carefree as possible.

First off, no character should have immunity. That is ripe for NLF. Give characters resistances when it makes sense for their verse. "Characters resist x from y on a daily basis" is good. However, every resistance has a limit. I am guilty of having characters with a lot of resistances while not being specific, but soon my files will have more detail. Just like me make sure the word "immunity" becomes "high resistance".

I must disagree with you.
The problem is not immunies, but the number of unjustified immunities per character. If a character is immune to one or two things, there are still plenty of other ways they can be taken down. It's when they're immune to everything that it becomes problematic and even more so when no justification is given.

No immunity is pure NLF. Hence why we prefer High Resistance. There is a keen difference of being resistant to a lot of things and being immune. Like I said being resistant to a lot of things is ok imho. As long as they have a limit and reason. Immunity is basically saying no matter how strong the ability is, the character wll not be hurt by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back