• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discord vs Magalor Soul

Because someone told me to make it. lol

SBA. Speed equalized.

Discord: 0

Magolor Soul: 6

Incon: 1

Discord

Scots_Discord.png

Magolor

Magolor_soul_no_background.png

Honestly, as much as I like Discord, Magolor has some serious hax here that can give him the win. Considering that he can execute most of his abilities with simple hand gestures, Magolor can mind control Discord and then proceed to oneshot him or open a blackhole on his ass/BFR him.

Discord too can execute his abilities simply by thinking or by snapping, but Discord usually snaps his fingers in character against other opponents, and since snapping your fingers is a hand gesture on itself, Magolor will likely be slightly quicker to attack.

For now, voting Magolor.

Magolor does anything and one-shots, not even needing to teleport in to attack Discord as he previously attacked Kirby & co. from interstellar distances.

Discord does start with power null, but if I'm not mistaking Magolor Soul starts with a black hole, and again, might be slightly quicker at it.

Magolor Soul starts with power null as well, but there is other context behind that. It would one-shot as it throws away Kirby & co. some centimeters, should he use that.

The difference between a snap and a "hand gesture" is far too small to consider it an advantage for either side, this was discussed in another thread awhile ago but I don't remember where. Either way, Discord can sense how powerful Magolor is and would probably think anyway. If Magolor starts with a Black Hole Discord can just teleport away. Voting Discord.

I'm pretty sure Discord's snaps are just for thematic purposes, he doesn't really need to use them. If he senses Magalor is a real threat, he'd probably take it more seriously like how he managed to serious-up in his battle against Cosmos.

Magolor Soul just roared upon existing and used that, at the moment Discord senses anything he former would be using it, if he aims for that. Discord has no way of sensing a target's power based on his profile, let alone passively. Teleport away is far from a solution, the black hole is interstellar in range, depending where Discord goes he would just die anyway. Also, again, Magolor can attack from interstellar distances, as in IC. Teleport away is, in fighting games terms, going back to the meta, not a win-con, that's super premature.

If you are saying that those words are the same as knowing that a magic user is more powerful than him, and by what amount, as opposed just "a disturbance", then no it's not the same and the wording could have been better in the profile. But now I'm forced to believe you, good for you if you are happy with that.

damn man, it's just a versus thread. Don't get your panties in a bunch. You don't need to be here if you don't want to.

Don't misinterpret my words man, I meant if the profile is going to stay like that then that's relatively ok.

I'm pretty sure Discord will just go intangible or enter his ghost form to avoid the black hole. Or he can, you know, undo the black hole with his own space manipulation depending on how big the black hole is)?

That's not what he asked tho. Magolor's space hax is better even from his previous form and maybe even from base. The black hole is, one more time, interstellar in range, Discord aiming to null that is another win-con for Magolor.

Also, something tells me that Discord wouldn't do that before the thing warps space and kills him, at least not objectively.

Lightbuster30 said:
I'm pretty sure Discord will just go intangible or enter his ghost form to avoid the black hole.
On this (and assuming he would do that), Magolor's black hole in base can harm Void Soul, so that's yet another win-con for him. And I mean any instance of Discord going ghost or intangible to dodge stuff, he doesn't know Magolor has NPI.

I think Magolor bypasses his Power Null resistance too. Not only is he being hit by a negation wave by someone notably more powerful than him, but his magic was originally unaffected by a spell that was supposed to nullify an entire environment, as opposed to Magolor's Power Null that scales entire interstellar distances.

Depends, if what Efi says is true, then if Magolor's power null works at the same time as Discord's, not only does he negate Discord's power but oneshots him as well.

He generates a shockwave that hits and negates the user's power, in the context of Return to Dreamland he negates Kirby's copy ability. Like Efi said, Discord wouldn't have a way to dodge or counter it since it scales interstellar distances and still hits him if he chose to go intangible due to Non-Physical Interaction. And even so, Discord still has that black hole to face afterwards.

As much as I love Discord, I still believe Magolor wins.

https://youtu.be/dcRblj14kn8?t=462

(ninja'd)

But, realizing it now, the shockwave doesn't even need to hit the user, It seems like a cosmetic effect as Kirby's copy ability if nullified as soon as Mag claps his hands, and the execution of the ability itself almost seems instantaneous.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Like Efi said, Discord wouldn't have a way to dodge or counter it since it scales interstellar distances
That was the black hole tho, unless we scale Kirby and Dark Matter's interstellar range in throwing things to anything in the verse, which I'm pretty sure is not the case. Anyway, Discord wouldn't dodge this in time.

So he only negated 1 of Kirby's powers? It dosen't even seem to stay negated either as Kirby was able to get a new copy ability a little bit later. If that happens, Discord can probably just run away until his powers come back, while Magolor won't get his powers back unless Discord gives them back.

That and it doesn't work that way. It was that copy ability in specific that gets power nulled and then disperses into thin air, chances are this would happen to Discord's power, there's no way to prove that it'll suddenly come back.

I mean, it literally only took away 1 of Kirby's powers, it doesn't seem like it'd be enough to completly null Discord.

He would need Mid-Godly, not only are Kirby & co. 4-A there, they are also incredibly high into that tier.

Reminds me. Is Magolor towards the bottom of the scaling chain or higher? Just asking out of curiosity, wouldn't matter regardless since Magolor is still well into 4-A

Actually, looking back at this, I'm going to change my vote to inconclusive. Magolor seems to need to clap his hands to use his powernull, while Discord needs to snap. So if he snaps he gets one-shotted, but Discord can also just think to use his powers, which he would get off before Magolor could do anything. So either Dizzy snaps and loses, or thinks and wins. Seems pretty Incon to me.

Back