• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Battle takes place in Innsmouth.

In character.

Discord knows all the basics about Cthulhu, but not the greater details.

Round 2: Same as above, but with speed equalized.

Fight to incapacitation or imprisonment.

This is hard to choose, I would say Discord because he has a much faster reaction speed, likely Limitless stamina and better reality warping (he has so many techniques that his profile page might not be able to fit all of them in), he can just remove Cthulhu's body parts to slow him down. Although Cthulhu has a god tier regen and WAY stronger (he did destroy stars), he can't really do anything to Discord. Having Superhuman combat speeds with possibly SoL traveling speeds will not help Cthulhu (it did mention that he traveled from another planet). Discord has 41% SoL reaction speed. This will end up either inconclusive or Discord BFR Cthulhu to another demension.

Cthulhu may be stronger, it is implied that he destroyed stars, but his AP is Unknown, but I'll give this one to Cthulhu, Discord is faster, Massively Relativistic is far faster than Superhuman, but Cthulhu's travel speed may be higher, but Discord's reaction speed is Relativistic, also far better than Superhuman, so I'll give this one to Discord, Cthulhu is immortal and can regenerate, while Discord is possibly immortal and is able to prevent certain degrees of physical harm, so, we can say they are equal, discord's stamina is Limitless, Cthulhu's is Godlike, I have no idea which one is better, so I'll say they are equal in it, Discord has better abilities and better Reality Warping, he can can do basically anything, I vote for inconclusive, Discord won't be able to beat Cthulhu, but Cthulhu won't be able to beat Discord.

Anonimo77 said:
Cthulhu may be stronger, it is implied that he destroyed stars, but his AP is Unknown, but I'll give this one to Cthulhu, Discord is faster, Massively Relativistic is far faster than Superhuman, but Cthulhu's travel speed may be higher, but Discord's reaction speed is Relativistic, also far better than Superhuman, so I'll give this one to Discord, Cthulhu is immortal and can regenerate, while Discord is possibly immortal and is able to prevent certain degrees of physical harm, so, we can say they are equal, discord's stamina is Limitless, Cthulhu's is Godlike, I have no idea which one is better, so I'll say they are equal in it, Discord has better abilities and better Reality Warping, he can can do basically anything, I vote for inconclusive, Discord won't be able to beat Cthulhu, but Cthulhu won't be able to beat Discord.
Discord can just trap cthulhu by putting him in another demension and travel speed does not really help in a fight that well. Limitless I think is better than godlike. I think Discord takes this with imprisonment.

I agree with Xeno on this one, Discord likely will be able to win with the BFR hax he showed in Season 5. This is really close though, and Cthulu could definitely still win.

True. Neither do we know the exact timeframe. But at least the "Superhuman" thing is gone, so people don't go believe it's anywhere near his limits, which was what bothering me about this thread.

@Ever Well in this case it's the only thing we have beside Equalization. And IIRC we uses the maximum of a character, which includes both "Likely" and "Possibly".

1. That "possibly" should be a "likely" unless we're supposed to believe a sub-FTL character travelled numerous light years (since the closest binary star to earth is Alpha Centauri iirc, which is over 4 lightyears away, and Xoth is supposed to be ludicrously farther away than that, and likely in another galaxy) in a relatively short timeframe.

2. FTL is, as I stated before, the bare minimum.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
True. Neither do we know the exact timeframe. But at least the "Superhuman" thing is gone, so people don't go believe it's anywhere near his limits, which was what bothering me about this thread.
Yeah, we have nothing close to an exact timeframe. Though iirc, we do know he started heading towards Earth after it had started existing (obviously), and arrived long before any sort of even the most basic life was around. That's it, though.

Would only happen if Discord had a massive speed advantage, which he doesn't anymore. Cthulhu would now most likely ends him before Discored decides to BFR him. This is in character remember.

"He can be overconfident and cocky at times where he feels he has won or has the upper hand, and has been defeated three times due to this (Initially by Celestia and Luna, later by the Mane Six, and most recently by Tirek). "

Also, that's only one of his attack, not his main moves, so even if he was serious he wouldn't do it right off the bat.

The battle mentions In-Character, so no serious mode here.

Also, how is he gonna fit an entire Cthulhu inside that tiny portal? Unless he can makes bigger ones.

Again, how is he going to pull that off against something much stronger, likely faster, and who is like Miles High?

WildeNick771 said:
Discord can enter simply materialize as a mountain.
Doesn't change the fact Cthulhu is both stronger and faster, and that Discord wouldn't do it right at the start of the fight.

Back