• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discord Abilities reorganization and revision

Discord's P&A section is a tad bit of a mess, and since admins refuse to open it for me to fix it, I will do a crt.

Let's go.

• Firstly, remove Extreme Cold & Cosmic Radiations to replace it with Space Survival, naturally.
  • Fuse his Magma, Fire and Heat resistence into Extreme Heat resistance to make it compact.
  • Add this scan to his Regeneration.
  • Somehow rework or just remove his Incorporeality, because he is not incorporeal 24/7 and is constantly being interacted with by other characters, along with his Ghost form being only instance besides him using Intangiblity when he shows incorporeality (How can incorporeal thing be turned into stone?) If that's not the case, there is no need in his Intangiblity.
  • Actually add the scans for his durability negating powers and place them as well as Sleep, Petrification, Paralysis and several others into Hax category.
  • Fuse Illusion and Perception Manipulation together to make it compact.
I guess that's all I have.

Agree:

Disagree:

Thank you for helping out. 🙏

• Somehow rework or just remove his Incorporeality, because he is not incorporeal 24/7 and is constantly being interacted with by other characters, along with his Ghost form being only instance besides him using Intangiblity when he shows incorporeality (How can incorporeal thing be turned into stone?) If that's not the case, there is no need in his Intangiblity.
This is the only thing I really have an issue with. Incorporeal beings are said to be able to possess physical bodies, but otherwise are beings who are made of non physical energy, or abstract concepts. They don't have to be intangible 24/7. We know that Discord is directly stated to be composed of chaos itself, not magic or any physical substance. When he was actively acting against his concept he was no longer physically able to be interacted with, and began to phase out of existence. To me, Discord embodies the idea of incorporeality better than most characters. He is turned to stone because his physical body was turned to stone, as well as being power nulled and sealed to hell because of the Elements plus Celestia's spell, but his actual essence, aka his spirit/abstract nature was unaffected and he could roam free outside of that. The incorporeal thing should stay, but be given more info and scans I suppose.

I agree with everything else tho

Looks good to me.
This seems uncontroversial to apply. 🙏

Is my interpretation right, or nah?

This is the only thing I really have an issue with. Incorporeal beings are said to be able to possess physical bodies, but otherwise are beings who are made of non physical energy, or abstract concepts. They don't have to be intangible 24/7. We know that Discord is directly stated to be composed of chaos itself, not magic or any physical substance. When he was actively acting against his concept he was no longer physically able to be interacted with, and began to phase out of existence. To me, Discord embodies the idea of incorporeality better than most characters. He is turned to stone because his physical body was turned to stone, as well as being power nulled and sealed to hell because of the Elements plus Celestia's spell, but his actual essence, aka his spirit/abstract nature was unaffected and he could roam free outside of that. The incorporeal thing should stay, but be given more info and scans I suppose.

I agree with everything else tho

Is my interpretation right, or nah?
Well, sounds reasonable to me I guess, tho gotta recontextualize it more since having a physical body does put limits on his combat prowess and the way profile says it seems like he is incorporeal 24/7

Well, sounds reasonable to me I guess, tho gotta recontextualize it more since having a physical body does put limits on his combat prowess and the way profile says it seems like he is incorporeal 24/7
How would it affect his combat prowess? It was always known that destroying his physical body is inconsequential as long as his spirit/abstract essence remained. That's what incorporeality really gives, and that's where Discord is at right now

I agree with most of this, but agree with PonePoster that Incorporeality should remain.
Incorporeal (or Non-Corporeal) beings are those who have no true physical form. Though they may have physical avatars or bodies, but their true essence exists non-physically, whether as a soul, as energy, or as an abstract concept
This is what the page states, and Discord matches this description.
As elaborated on in Discordant Harmony, Discord is a spirit which embodies and is made of pure chaos.
So much so that if he will literally fade from existence if insufficient chaos exists around him.

In A Rockhoof and a Hard Place, it's clarified that the spell which turned Discord to stone wasn't just a petrification spell, but a "stone sleep" spell.
Despite being both stone and possibly asleep, he could still hear everything around him, and even manifest once again when chaos was near him.

There is a potential counterargument to be made in To Where and Back Again. In this episode, his magic is absorbed by the changeling throne, resulting in him having no reality warping abilities and having to walk in his physical body, which would point to it being his real body.

However, upon closer examination of the context and wording, this isn't necessarily true. While Discord himself is stated to be made of chaos, his reality warping abilities specifically are always referred to as "chaos magic." Meaning: he is made of chaos, but he manipulates the world through magic. Since he was in a physical body when he entered the range of the throne, it stands to reason that he simply couldn't use his reality warping to take on any other form.
There are actually two other instances where he loses his magic and is stuck in his physical form too, but the same logic applies.

In short:
He has a physical body, clearly, but his 'true essence' exists as an abstract concept.
This is textbook incorporeality.
Destroying his physical body would only temporarily remove him from the equation.
As demonstrated by himself all the time, he can simply reform even when his body is completely destroyed.
This is presumably because his physical body is not truly him.

Though, the way it works, it does seem like you could indefinitely incapacitate him by destroying his physical body in a place where he can't use magic, but this would still presumably just trap him in a state of being pure chaos, rather than actually permanently destroy him.

Also:
Actually add the scans for his durability negating powers
This is not exactly helpful on its own, and approving it wouldn't do anything immediately.
What specific scans would you suggest? Could you provide links?

Back