• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimensional question

It should be 4-D as you travel through the temporal axis to reach a point in time.

Firstly, it should be noted that Time Travel in itself is an ability; dimensional power and can also be seen as a hax as one can use to access their target in a vulnerable state and exploit that state of existence within said Timeline.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Time_Travel

Time Travel is a sub-power of Time Manipulation. So having this would definitely grant you access to Time Travel.

A lot of abilities could in theory give you access to Time Travel.

There's Reality Warping to grant the power to yourself; Using Conceptual Manipulation more specificly concept creation one could grant the Concept of Time Travel to themselves; Having Acasuality (Type 3) makes grants Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past. Therefore, as you already exist in different point of time, this would an extremely haxed version of Time Travel.

Moving through Time would definitely mean 4D due to travelling through the temporal axis as stated by Zaratthustra.

Simply put, regular space-time is 4D and consider it a straight line. If you move to the left of the line you reach the past, if you move to the right, you reach the future. Normally, as humans only experience time moving forward or right in the case of my example thus we only move towards the future and cannot go to the past. Time Travel can be used to move forward and backward in linear time. But as Stephen Hawking states, "There's another kind of time in the vertical direction. This is called Imaginary Time, because it is not the Time we as humans would normally experience. But in a sense, is just as real as what we would call regular Time."

Now being able to move in this Imaginary Axis is what leads you to alternate Timelines/Parallel Universes. Points within the Quantum realm that we do not experience normally (and definitely not without this power) because they exist in a sub-space which is Orthogonal (right angles) to regular space-time 4D. So in simple words, it should give you acess to the 5th Dimension and thus 5D.

LordRhys365 said:
Firstly, it should be noted that Time Travel in itself is an ability; dimensional power and can also be seen as a hax as one can use to access their target in a vulnerable state and exploit that state of existence within said Timeline.

Time Travel is a sub-power of Time Manipulation. So having this would definitely grant you access to Time Travel.

There's Reality Warping to grant the power to yourself; Using Conceptual Manipulation more specificly concept creation one could grant the Concept of Time Travel to themselves; Having Acasuality (Type 3) makes grants Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past. Therefore, as you already exist in different point of time, this would an extremely haxed version of Time Travel.

Moving through Time would definitely mean 4D due to travelling through the temporal axis as stated by Zaratthustra.

Simply put, regular space-time is 4D and consider it a straight line. If you move to the left of the line you reach the past, if you move to the right, you reach the future. Normally, as humans only experience time moving forward or right in the case of my example thus we only move towards the future and cannot go to the past. Time Travel can be used to move forward and backward in linear time. But as Stephen Hawking states, "There's another kind of time in the vertical direction. This is called Imaginary Time, because it is not the Time we as humans would normally experience. But in a sense, is just as real as what we would call regular Time."

Now being able to move in this Imaginary Axis is what leads you to alternate Timelines/Parallel Universes. Points within the Quantum realm that we do not experience normally (and definitely not without this power) because they exist in a sub-space which is Orthogonal (right angles) to regular space-time 4D. So in simple words, it should give you acess to the 5th Dimension and thus 5D.

Thanks for the explanation! I have one more question. If your power by existing alone reaches another timeline and opens a portal to thst timeline, would you consider that also 5d? Or is that just 4d?

F Deurkleed said:
LordRhys365 said:

Thanks for the explanation! I have one more question. If your power by existing alone reaches another timeline and opens a portal to thst timeline, would you consider that also 5d? Or is that just 4d?
Excellent question. There are definitely characters out there who are able to achieve this feat.

But such characters that do not travel but instead are able to reach timelines by existence alone are stated to be Higher Dimensional entities.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Higher-Dimensional_Existence

From the vs wiki definition itself we get: "refers to characters who belong to higher worlds or planes of reality with a number of dimensions greater than three-dimensional universes. In other words, they have bodies of at least four dimensions."

So automatically, the minimum is at least 4D. If there's mention of them being able to not just access but manipulate parrallel universes/quantum realms etc. I'd then incline towards 5D or even higher.

Also as a side note: "It should be noted that having higher-dimensional power does not mean the character has a higher-dimensional existence, nor does higher-dimensional movement or immeasurable speed, but some of these do mean that such characters can contend with these beings."

So if the usage is active and not passive, it's having a Higher Dimensional Manipulation but not necessarily Higher Dimensional Existence.

At extremely high cases, one could be said to be beyond the concepts of Dimensions and thus Space and Time itself. In such cases, this would lead to having a Beyond Dimensional Existence.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Beyond-Dimensional_Existence

But that's just extra info not particularly relevant to the question.

Hope this helps.

Excellent question. There are definitely characters out there who are able to achieve this feat.

But such characters that do not travel but instead are able to reach timelines by existence alone are stated to be Higher Dimensional entities.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Higher-Dimensional_Existence

From the vs wiki definition itself we get: "refers to characters who belong to higher worlds or planes of reality with a number of dimensions greater than three-dimensional universes. In other words, they have bodies of at least four dimensions."

So automatically, the minimum is at least 4D. If there's mention of them being able to not just access but manipulate parrallel universes/quantum realms etc. I'd then incline towards 5D or even higher.

Also as a side note: "It should be noted that having higher-dimensional power does not mean the character has a higher-dimensional existence, nor does higher-dimensional movement or immeasurable speed, but some of these do mean that such characters can contend with these beings."

So if the usage is active and not passive, it's having a Higher Dimensional Manipulation but not necessarily Higher Dimensional Existence.

At extremely high cases, one could be said to be beyond the concepts of Dimensions and thus Space and Time itself. In such cases, this would lead to having a Beyond Dimensional Existence.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Beyond-Dimensional_Existence

But that's just extra info not particularly relevant to the question.

Hope this helps.

It was said that his power/existence was affecting the main timeline. Does that count as manipulation?

He did become the alternate timeline itself. But I don't know if that counts as beyond the concepts of dimensions.

I'll read the links you send, thanks!

I'd say not a manipulation. Given what you said, it seems like a Passive Ability.

When I think of the word "Manipulation" I associate it with "Actively controlling" a power.

If something occurs due to a character's mere presence then it's a passive effect. Thus not Manipulation.

"He did become the alternate timeline itself. But I don't know if that counts as beyond the concepts of dimensions."

That's not enough to be Beyond Dimensional in that case. At most it's Temporal Permenance. Which is a Time based power.

And thus, within the concept of Dimensionality.

LordRhys365 said:
I'd say not a manipulation. Given what you said, it seems like a Passive Ability.

When I think of the word "Manipulation" I associate it with "Actively controlling" a power.

If something occurs due to a character's mere presence then it's a passive effect. Thus not Manipulation.

"He did become the alternate timeline itself. But I don't know if that counts as beyond the concepts of dimensions."

That's not enough to be Beyond Dimensional in that case. At most it's Temporal Permenance. Which is a Time based power.

And thus, within the concept of Dimensionality.
Looking at their definition wouldn't they be similar? Would you still consider it 5d or (infinite?) 4d?

Back