• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsican

He/Him
It has been bothering me for a while that we have pretty much every single Digimon profile like this:

"Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Metal Manipulation, Self Information Manipulation and Reactive Evolution via Overwrite, Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation (Digimon attacks are able to interact with each others' Digicores, which constitute a Digimon's mind and soul. Hence, all Digimon are able to manipulate, attack, and destroy the minds and souls of others), Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation (The bodies of Digimon shield their Digicores from the attacks of other Digimon, which in turn protect their minds and souls from external interference), Existence Erasure (Those with the X-Antibody can resist multiple levels of Program X/Particle Worm which is a mass erasure technique from Yggdrasil. This technique is so powerful that it even threatens the likes of Beelzemo who needed to gain the X-Antibody to survive it) and Power Nullification (Can resist the effects of Particle Worm in which also negates all the abilities of those effected)." - Dorimo´s Powers and Ablities

How it should go instead:

"Metal Manipulation, Digimon Physiology, Resistance to Existence Erasure (Those with the X-Antibody can resist multiple levels of Program X/Particle Worm which is a mass erasure technique from Yggdrasil. This technique is so powerful that it even threatens the likes of Beelzemo who needed to gain the X-Antibody to survive it) and Power Nullification (Can resist the effects of Particle Worm in which also negates all the abilities of those effected)."

I mean, we did something like this for the Haki thing in OP, so this shouldn´t be an exception, it also helps to make the profiles more simple, easier to read and less repetitive.

Note that just making a page for Digimon Physiology took a good chunk of the page away, which is good to make the profiles better overall.

Just contacted Dragon for this thread.

Also if we do what Paulo says, we can also include the X-Antibody and other stuff to make the profiles even better.

I see no need for this seeing as we already have a Digimon Physiology blog and nature of data blog listed on the verse page. And not every Digimon has X-Antibody as such it isn't something that needs an explaination page seeing as the info needed is on the profile.

The purpose is to make the profiles shorter, by simply linking to a page that explains it.

A blog is good for reference, but an actual page would likely be the best alternative for this.

The profiles aren't that long in the first place due to this alone. Once again this is not something worth doing when the info is all detailed in a blog that a user can easily find and read. They'd have to do so regardless. I just don't see the point.

Yeah? This isn't One Piece and these abilities don't come from an energy source. This is no different than Saint Seiya characters all being able to attack atoms or all Soul Reapers being able to attack souls and be invisible. We are not going to waste our time on this as there in truth is no point to this and will only be a waste of time. My answer is a big '''no'''.

They don´t come from an energy source because it´s literally a part of the user, hence why Digimon physiology.

Unlike Digimon´s situation, Saint Seiya and Soul Reapers´ abilities can be just straightforwardly added into the profiles, while in Digimon there has to be a very repetitive paragraph explaining it.

The purpose is to make the profiles more organized and less redundant, not to just make a bunch of worthless work that will be undone five minutes later, as this is worth the effort for the reasons given before.

"Unlike Digimon´s situation, Saint Seiya and Soul Reapers´ abilities can be just straightforwardly added into the profiles, while in Digimon there has to be a very repetitive paragraph explaining it."

So can Digimon, however we who take care of the Digimon pages decided to keep it this way. End of story. That how we deal with Digimon pages.

"he purpose is to make the profiles more organized and less redundant, not to just make a bunch of worthless work that will be undone five minutes later, as this is worth the effort for the reasons given before."

I'd rather all Digimon have the same descriptions for their mind and soul powers as well as us to have a Digimon Physiology Blog (which we have and is easily accessible) if people need to understand it. Having a Physilogy page is even more redundant when we have a detailed blog linked to the verse page. It's not even less organized, everything is easily accessible and to the point.

So no, we are not doing this.

Well, being direct I'm completely indifferent to the discussion. All I want is that Digimon has informative, coherent and simple to understand profiles.

I believe that Digimon profiles can still improve a lot, I do not see a big difference between a page for digimon physiology being made, or keeping the information in the profiles.

Overall I think we could make a blog containing the "basic profile of a Digimon" to better organize how the profiles of Digimon are made, to already establish the best way to leave information about the Digimon in a harmonious way to those who are reading (Honestly, Lucemon's page sometimes gets me a headache when I need to read it.)

Whatever is decided by the majority between the two options, it can be applied and optimized to look better (be it creating a page for digimon physiology, blogs would still be used anyway, or simply improving the way the profiles are written) .

Contacted Cal and Vrokorta as the other knowledgeable members either are seemingly inactive of even more occupated users to attend this (I mean, when I checked the Knowledgebale Members section, most of it was filled with staff).

I gave it some thought, & I don't think it's neccessary. I just don't really think we need a whole new page to take the place of a single paragraph worth of information. Plus, we could probably just link to the Digimon Physiology blog if that works.

I mean, the problem is that even if it may be short, it makes the profiles a bit harder to read than other profiles.

It´s obviously not a "must have" thing, but it surely could be useful to make the formatting in the profiles easier to understand and read overall.

Since Darkanine, Cal, and Dragonmasterxyz all think that this seems unnecessary, it doesn't seem to get a pass. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back