• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Discusion Thread: Re:Forumtize

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
WHAT IS UP MY FELLOW DIGIDESTINED, CHOSEN CHILDREN, TAMERS, AND OTHER HUMANS WHO ENJOY DIGITAL LIFE FORMS. THE FORUM IS UPON US, WITH A WHOLE NEW WORLD, BUT YOU STILL GOTTA BE THE VERY BEST (like no one ever was!). Wait, wrong series...

Joking aside, welcome to the forum, guys, gals, and pals! The Digimon scene has been fairly productive lately, with lots of revisions on the ways and more blogs by the ever excellent Executor N0! Also, the new-ish anime is really good!

Last wiki thread

latest

With the Forum now available for everyone, I think that I should put some important information here, from the upcoming Digimon Revisions, about the various topics.

Tiering/Attack Potency: Due to upcoming "planned revisions" for some feats as a whole, we decided to look back to our Digimon Scaling and it was mostly decided that we should change the reasoning for our Digimon Profiles. The reason is that the old "Tier 4/3" reasoning for Perfect and Ultimate level Digimon was or Pocket Dimension Feats or very "not really valid" feats like black holes. Some of the feats still are legit, but they are very few, goes far beyond the expected to that level and we just have far more feats and good scaling if we decided to downgrade the Perfect and Ultimate level to Tier 6 and 5. So I started some blogs in order to calculate important feats from every Digimon level. Like this File Island calculation with Devimon and Meramon's feats. My plan is to add all the still valid calculations to To this blog along with new calculations.

Power and Abilities: Of course, we are always adding new abilities to the Digimon. Be it by reading profiles, seeing the series or reading the mangas or even playing the games, always finding new Digimon abilities. But here the point are the Holy and Darkside powers. After a long time writing, I finally finished The blog that explains the concepts of Light and Darkness within the franchise. Here you have the history of them across all the medias and ages showing a single consistent point across everything. The consequence of that blog are these two new blogs with the Power and Abilities granted by Darkside Power and the Holy Power. This will most likely be added to the Digimon Physiology page and so affect nearly every Digimon profile, some to a lower degree, but others will be affected to an enormous degree. If everything goes well, my next plan is to do a blog about the Metaphysics of the franchise in order to explain the Souls, Concepts and Laws within the world of Digimon, this is going to include some of the most powerful Digimon abilities such as the "Immortal Program" status and the "OS Genercis" ability.

Basically, once everything settles, the CRT will be made dealing with Tiering and Abilities. One thing I want to ask is whether we should name the Power of Light "Holy Power" or "Lightside Power" to match with "Darkside Power"?

So, I already started the new blog. Only the introduction and nothing more. I'll be updating the blog with more important information later. I hope that I take less time to finish it than my last blog.

Unfortunately no. The revisions are mostly only for the lower tiered mons. Only thing that effects Top and God Tiers are the whole Holy Power and Darkside Power stuff as that effects all Digimon profiles.

As we know, CRTs are out now, however, we are letting this first week pass just so all the crazy CRTs get out of the way first. The Digimon CRT is scheduled to be posted Monday morning.

Actual Survive news
:”) I am actually happy to see it delayed. Hopefully this prevents it from ending up a rushed product.

It has been noted that the Digimon Physiology is completely unsourced, and it would need evidences of what's written in there.

I trust the people who contributed in making it, but it would be better to have the powers backed up by something, either visual or at least a note on where the things is stated/demonstrated.

I just finished playing "Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode" and I'm share some scans that will be used in future revisions. It will be for both the Decode expanded material and also Re: Digitize, since we never created a profile for characters such as Vitium.

1) Vitium: We already had nearly all this info in the original Re: Digitize, but we never did a Vitium profile. Basically it was originally a program made by GIGO in order to manage data transfer between the real and digital world. It ended up developing a sense of self and turned into a "mysterious Digital Life form". In the very beginning of the game we see the "baby" and "adult" forms created by Vitium and they have some control over dimensional distortions (Can use as portals to travel across the Digital World) and also can do something to control the minds of the Digimon by making their hearts turn into a "void". As expected Vitium's power are "power of darkness" and it seems to affect other Digimon with hatred and anger. Vitium is very good with data/information manipulation and is very smart. Since she was first created, it was for access all information in all minds, and as such she literally saw all the minds and information in the world while she was still a baby in the space between the Digital and Real worlds. As her power grows, she becomes an even bigger threat to the Digital and Real worlds and is destroying the boundaries/space-time of the worlds, devouring the fabric of space itself. In the end, if she wasn't stooped, Mirei explained that it could mean the total collapse of the world, or as she said in the prequel manga and opening "return everything back into the void". Of course, Vitium herself also confirms that she would destroy the worlds if she wasn't destroyed first. About hax, as explained she can manipulate data at will, according to Jijimon, Vitium can control all the data of the Digital World at will. She creates the dimensional distortions, black smoke and also brought back to life legendary ancient Digimon such as Chaos Dukemon, Black War Greymon, Victory Greymon and others, all of them puppets of Vitium. There is also other moves that she uses in battle, but this is the important info.

2) Decode Ability: This was originally called in the prequel manga and original Re: Digitize as simply "Aptitude". It might be related to Taiga being able to hear the voice of Digimon, something rare there, but was also able to "revive" a defeated War Greymon and make it use a Gaia Force that far surpasses what a Gaia Force should be able to do. Mirei thought this as a "strong unique ability to adapt to the Digital world" that allows to "temporarily awaken the Digimon's abilities". In "Re: Digitize Decode" the ability gains the name of "Decode". Basically, the Decode is an ability that allows a Tamer do draw out its partner's inherent potential with increased accuracy. The full explanation of the "Decode" is given by Mirei relatively early in the game (With just a few confirmation of it by other characters such as Ofanimon), and is said to be the ability to to decipher encrypted digital data and extract its essence, being able to understand the deeper meaning of the data in the Digital World. With this it's possible to extract the hidden potential of a Digimon, making it stronger than usual, even if it battles a Digimon of the same species with the same status, the Decode factor will make the Digimon with a Decode Ability user Tamer be stronger, because the Decode allows a Digimon to go beyond 100%, beyond their limit. But this also works with other things besides Digimon. Such as high-density data that can't be used normally, such as the Garbage Data, can be used normally by Decode Users, and also the "Decode Energy" can be used to create dimensional portals and also can absorb energy, although it's limited by the amount of data that the Digivice can absorb.

3) X-Program and X-Antibody Digimon: A lot of scans that helps with explaining what those two do. Basically due to Vitium, Yggdrasil awakened from its sealing and decided to release the X-Program in order to "update the environment" created by Vitium. It's directly said that Yggdrasil had no real problems with Vitium, and simply wanted to "update/optimize" the Digital World. It's explained that the X-Program is an evil program created by Yggdrasil to completely erase every existing Digimon. It spreads across the air and the earth and deletes Digimon from within, the X-Antibody is the vaccine that Digimon developed in order to counter the X-Program. Curiously, the X-Program is said to be created by Omegamon X and Dukemon X, but it seems just that they are spreading/creating more of it, and as an effect it constantly weakens Digimon reducing their life until they are completely erased from existence.

4) Infinity Mountain, Mugendramon and lots of Infinities: Big hype for this one. In the glossary of the place, the place is already described as being "boundless and with "presence in the depths of the Digital World". It's called to be the "infinity" and also a "infinite space", is a very different place from the Digital World, with its own special rules and items/money from the normal Digital World simply can't work in the Infinity Mountain, as such special "Infinity" items are needed. Time is also something that seems to work differently from the normal Digital World, in fact the time in Infinity Mountain is always read as "infinity" and is disconnected from the normal Digital World, as such it doesn't matter how much "time" passes in the Infinity Mountain, it will never have passed any time in the Digital World. The Mountain has many floors (100 in the game) and each of them is accessed with dimensional distortions and seems to be different dimensions/their own world within the mountain. As you move across the mountain, you are basically moving across infinity of worlds and in fact, the Infinity Mountain has a "infinity ocean", the floors seems to have infinite loops and is in fact a hyperspace. It's also there that we have the "dimensional fruits" that goes up to the "24-dimensional fruit". Also, Rosemon X says that "hell is at the bottom of Infinity Mountain", although this can be a joke. However, There's also Chaosdramon there, and according to him the "top of the infinity mountain" is the "Center of the World", as you might know the "Center of the World" i the Kernel, Realm of God, and as such also realm of Yggdrasil. Of course, we fight Yggdrasil in the top of the mountain and Gankoomon also says that Yggdrasil lives there in Cyber Sleuth..The Infinity Mountain is also the place of creation of Mugendramon (Reference to Digimon World) and is as such deeply related to the Infinity Mountain's "infinity" and is said to be a Digimon with "infinity power", of course it has the "Infinity Ore" that is a ore with infinity power/energy of infinity.

5) Yggdrasil, Royal Knights and Death-X-mon: In Decode a new name for Yggdrasil is revealed "The Abyss" and is the Host Computer of the Digital World with unknown motivations and was reactivated due to Vitium's influence in the world, and so Yggdrasil decided to release the X-Program in the world. As such, the Royal Knights are also in action, mostly Omegamon X and Dukemon X with the mission to spread the X-Program. But not all of them are the "real thing". The Infinity Mountain is full of "Simulated Digimon", copies of the real thing, and this includes even the Royal Knights. They seem to be weaker than the real thing and lack any form of emotion, but they are still a danger. Also, Yggdrasil's plans had to do with DORUmon and seems like Dukemon X agrees with Yggdrasil, and that now the "Will of Yggdrasil" also exists within him, the will of the strongest, devotion to pure power even if this means to sacrifice its own soul. Dukemon says that he understands Yggdrasil's intention, but Omegamon says that Yggdrasil's intention are always uncertain, but they always have a desire for violence and leads to the end of all life in the Digital World. However, Dukemon thinks that this search for power and destruction is what Yggdrasil really is "A blessing for wild, unrestrained life". Omegamon says that this might just end in the same tragedy mentioned in the "Chronicles" of the "Three Terminals" (A reference to Digimon Chronicle). With DORUguremon evolving more and more, he'll turn into a killing machine that will lead to a catastrophe "The erasure of all data"/"the erasure of everything". The result is of course the birth of Death-X-mon, a killing machine created by Yggdrasil in order to kill all life. Finally it ends with the battle with Yggdrasil, at least its "embodiment". They fight it, but nothing is explained. This story gives a big importance on no one knowing what Yggdrasil really wants, and because of that they can only talk about it, but never be sure. However, in one of the floors Magnamon X explains that Yggdrasil is immortal and absolute, and as such it can't be killed. Finally in the 100th floor we fight Yggdrasil again, with the help of Alphamon. And Yggdrasil talks about having a "backup of the Host Computer's memories", and has the mission to matain the stability of the Digital World, and Taiga seems to be the origin of the lack of stability and needs to be deleted. Yggdrasil is defeated saying that this might be the origin of a new era. After Yggdrasil is defeated it releases its "Wills", each of them grants max status.

https://imgur.com/a/nfriC63

6) Seven Great Demon Lords: It has the basic info of the Seven Great Demon Lords being the rulers of the Demon and Fallen Angel Digimon, ruling over the Dark Area and the Seven Deadly Sins. The Dark Area is the realm of darkness and death, a sacred place for the Digimon since they have a concept of life and death that is different from the Humans, it exists beyond the borders of life and death and has no flow of time, not only that, but the MAP also doesn't work there and the Autopilot to File City also doesn't work. Lilymon explains who the Seven Great Demon Lords are, and says that they a danger bigger even than Vitium. Beelzebumon is in the Binary Castle, a place very connected with the roots of the Digital World, and he seems to be a protector of such place. Barbamon starts to act after Vitium is defeated and according to Mirei, Barbamon and the Seven Great Demon Lords are among the most powerful entities in the whole Digital World. In fact, the whole story hypes the SGDL as impossible to defeat enemies. The very first demonstration of power was a barrier (Maybe created by the power of Barbamon) that was so powerful that even if the main character attacked it together with all the Digimon that they encountered so far... it wouldn't be enough to break such barrier. Dr. Petrov thinks that the reason for why Barbamon could make a move was Vitium defeat, possibility Vitium was the only think that could hold its own against them, so now that Vitium is gone it started an imbalance in power and Barbamon started to make a move. In aid to defeat Barbamon, Ofanimon appears explaining that the angels and demons oversee the world with different perspectives, with the angels doing so with the "perspective of the gods". She explains that the SGDL are just far beyond anything that Taiga faced before and fighting them is certain death, they are so powerful that the only thing that can face a Demon Lord is the power of another Demon Lord, this is the reason for why Taiga and Rina needs to collect energy from the other Demon Lords. Taiga then goes to the Dark Area and asks help from Belphemon. There Belphemon uses his "beam that destroys everything" and explain that it needs to release such power in order to maintain the world in balance. In fact, every Demon Lord seems to agree that they don't want to upset the balance of the world (Outside of Barbamon and Demon, with Lucemon being out of control), so you could say that here the SGDL are very close to being at least "good guys", but with different opinions on how to maintain the balance of the world. Barbamon wanted to use the power of the other SGDL in Lucemon to make him evolve into Satan Mode and then rule over both worlds. Demon then takes control of Barbamon's plan, but was in the end absorbed by Lucemon SM that is defeated by Taiga using the "Larva Decoder", an special item created by the angels that has the power to save Lucemon' soul.

https://imgur.com/a/N0FePaS

7) FTL Grap Leomon: A Punimon gains power after seeing a very fast Digimon and turns capable of "moving faster than the speed of light". It evolves into Grap Leomon and still says it's "ahead of light".

Of course, there are a lot more to talk, but I think that huge amount of scans need to be saved somewhere outside of my own computer. I think that we should wait a bit, since the biggest changes are related to other revisions that we are planning, so maybe we'll only do the thread a month from now (Since is the time that I need to finish my plans).

Looks surprisingly quite nice.
Special attacks look cool, Lucemon is incredibly sexy now, the big numbers are fun to look at, the amount of skins and such might be a nice touch depending on how they are implemented, the Voice acting is also nice. (Though it seems very SRW-esque. Not a problem but now I want a digimon game in that style.)

I am assuming the Gundam and Lol songs were just part of the video, but it’s still a nice touch.

Looks surprisingly quite nice.
Special attacks look cool, Lucemon is incredibly sexy now, the big numbers are fun to look at, the amount of skins and such might be a nice touch depending on how they are implemented, the Voice acting is also nice. (Though it seems very SRW-esque. Not a problem but now I want a digimon game in that style.)

I am assuming the Gundam and Lol songs were just part of the video, but it’s still a nice touch.
yeah, I was surprised how no one mentioned this game until now.

Content of that game and some other "fan games" were shared in some old threads, but nobody paid a lot of attention to it, I think that mostly due to no one here playing that game or at least wanting to talk about it. Or could also be simply because Digimon threads are very empty most of the time.

Back