• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Different forms of Immortality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him
As an avid supporter of VS Battles, one page I tend to always view is Immortality. Recently, I suggested adding different forms of the superpower in the Suggestions for improvements thread on these forums, but I haven't received much input in lieu of this. I came up with the idea after skimming through the varying levels of Immortality from different clones of VS Battles such as DebatesJungles and VsDebating. I have a few suggestions down below that include but are not limited to:

Amortality: The user exists as an unborn, rendering them unable to die due to not being alive, to begin with. The user may not have been alive at the very beginning of time or even before creation. The user essentially lives in a state of unbirth, neither living nor dead. Granting them resistance to abilities such as life and death manipulation. However, they are still susceptible to abilities such as being erased from existence.

Immortality via Evolution/Adaptation: The user is or can become immortal due to their evolutionary process, as users adapted and evolved into physical immortals to different situations at a near-/constant state. If users began as mortal, they can not only become immortal in one way but also gain other forms of immortality as well, be it magical, genetic, etc. with new powers, skills and capabilities.

Retroactive Immortality: The user is immortal in the sense that when they do die, they won't stay dead. This could be the result of instant resurrection, being reborn, transferring one's mind/soul into a clone, etc. Unlike other forms of immortality they can still die from any cause, like physical trauma, disease, or simply aging, but the user will always come back to life.

I will update this later on. For now, I'd love to get as much input as I can for this suggestion in the thread.

Amortality: The user exists as an unborn, rendering them unable to die due to not being alive, to begin with. The user may not have been alive at the very beginning of time or even before creation. The user essentially lives in a state of unbirth, neither living nor dead. Granting them resistance to abilities such as life and death manipulation. However, they are still susceptible to abilities such as being erased from existence.
this seems like for further context of immortality type 5 and/or Beyond dimensonal type 0

Immortality via Evolution/Adaptation: The user is or can become immortal due to their evolutionary process, as users adapted and evolved into physical immortals to different situations at a near-/constant state. If users began as mortal, they can not only become immortal in one way but also gain other forms of immortality as well, be it magical, genetic, etc. with new powers, skills and capabilities.
this thing has already been Reactive evolution

Retroactive Immortality: The user is immortal in the sense that when they do die, they won't stay dead. This could be the result of instant resurrection, being reborn, transferring one's mind/soul into a clone, etc. Unlike other forms of immortality they can still die from any cause, like physical trauma, disease, or simply aging, but the user will always come back to life.
i don't see any different with type 4 immortality

Amortality is Type 5 if anything.

Adaptation-induced Immortality is just Reactive Evolution, not Immortality.

Retroactive Immortality is any number of things. Certain Acausalities, Type 6 Immortality, type 4 Immortality..

in other words, no, these all already exist.

Thank you for the evaluations Promestein. I think that we can probably close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back