• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Difference between 3-A and low 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally know the difference between both of these tiers but when does fiction do it? We have low 2-C as the real universe while 3-A is the contents inside the universe. However I don't know of a fiction that differentiates the two. Like when someone says they can destroy the universe, why is it treated as 3-A, the finite universe, and not low 2-C, the actual universe?

This is my thought exactly. I never understood that when someone is 3A, they r only that for destroying the galaxies but not the Universe itself. Low 2C means Space and Time destruction but the Universe itself IS space and time

The universe on this wiki only refers to space. 3-A is usually destroying/creating the observable universe. High 3-A is destroying/creating an infinitely-sized universe, but not counting time. Low 2-C counts time (basically destroying the timeline). 2-C is destroying multiple timelines.

You're missing the point. Why is a universal statement treated as 3-A and not low 2-C? Low 2-C is the real universe and 3-A is the finite universe. Like shouldn't a character only be 3-A if it's supported? For example: if you stomp someone who's multi galaxy and you are stated to be a threat to the universe, or something along the line, then could you be 3-A?

You could if the statement's actually real and you could actually bust a finite universe not including time.

But if you could only bust multi-galaxies then you won't be treated as 3-A.

Thats the point hes trying to make though. If someone is stated to bust a Universe, then tha would mean he should be able to destroy the Universe itself since the Universe is a Universe. Just being able to destroy the "observable" doesnt make any sense cause you would just be destroying the galaxies

As others say, we currently make a distinction between destroying all of the physical matter of a universe in a giant shockwave explosion, and actually making its space-time cease to exist.

However, as others have also mentioned, only fictions concerned with timelines usually make a distinction between the two concepts, so we will probably have to discuss the issue among the staff eventually.

I mean what do u mean but "only dictions concerned with timelines usually make a distinction between the two concepts"

I don't know. I think that it is better if some staff member that is more knowledgeable about the subject handles it.

Assaltwaffle wrote:

I mean technically it isn't an infinite gap to start with. At certain levels of energy density you can warp space and even open black holes. Eventually said black hole would become large enough to collapse the entire universe into a singularity, space, time, and all.

This was from another thread and what credibility does it hold?

In terms of real world physics, it is probably correct. In terms of treating time as a geometrical dimension, it is probably not. However, it is better if Sera or some other staff member handles this potential revision.

Because in order to get Low 2-C, you need to show that the universe destruction would include space-time, not just the 3D matter inside it.

But that's the thing though....the Universe IS time and space. If someone goes to destroy just the physical stuff in the entire Universe then they will just be destroying Galaxies....the Universe would still be around

@BlackeJan

That is true. As I have alluded to, it is better if staff members who are more well-informed about the topic handle it later on.

I have informed Sera EX about this thread, in case she wishes to start a revision at a later point.

Should we close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back