• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Did you say prep-time? Han Jee-Han vs Batman

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
Batma: 1

Han Jee-Ha: 2

Incon: 0

1 week prep.

Han knows it's batman his fighting and has his canonical metaknowledge.

Batman knows than Han uses Mana primarly, has ten mana stones to study it, and knows that he is empowered by the embodiment of the planet.

He can't use outside help during prep, for now

He already has an army of golems and a church on he can call on, it'll get far too ridicolous.

He'll likely be able to summon the entire Abyss to his aid while fighting some planetary god that's threatening Gaea herself.

It doesn't seem like Batman has anything to counter mind manipulation. (Ignoring the huge AP advantage Han has for the time being).

I'm not sure how seriously to take this match, honestly. I'm not sure what Batman would do with prep to actually defeat or kill Han.

Well, with the mana samples I think he could make someting akin to the golem anti-magic.

Plus I think he can make tier 4 weapons? Or stuff that can hurt them anyways.

I mean, he needs to actually hit Han.

Would batman be able to unlock mana for himself tough..? He's haave a 200 INT at the very least.

That's a good question. And he does have plenty of money to buy stuff from the Abyss. Issue is, without the Gamer's skills, he can't learn them all that quickly. So he could unlock his mana, but be able to do only rudimentary things with it. It would likely be faster for him to just do what he normally does, and just adjust it with whatever knowledge he gets on mana.

Boomstick: Bullseye!

Wiz: Both Jee-Han and Bruce possessed incredible powers with preparation, but only one was naturally prepared for anything. Although it's true that Batman could kill Darkseid with his Radion gun, the only reason he lasted as long as he did is because many of its weapons are based on Radion, great for battling New Gods, only okay against everybody else.

Boomstick: Yes, the Bat could take hits from Bane, making it more than a match for even the power of The Black Rock Mage group, but, even against the very enemy he eventually managed to defeat, he took a loss in his first fight.

Wiz: Jee-Han's greatest advantage was being able to spam summons of an army of golems. These golems are immune to physical and non-magical weapons, countering nearly anything Batman could throw at them.

Boomstick: Plus, Jee-Han has far more actual combat experience. Bruce treated physical combat as a last resort, beneath him, while Han straight up enjoys it. Bruce just wasn't prepared for this battle.

Wiz: The winner is Han Jee-Han. Han Jee-Han FRA if not a stomp.

Edit on 6 Jan 2019: The above applies for no prep time Batman only. I am not voting for now.

It really does.

And that point about the golems, is actually a really good point. The golems alone do kinda resist the majority of what Bats has in his moveset considering the best way to destroy them is through some kind of unique magical skill, or just having much higher AP than their durability.

Well now starts to think if this is AP + hax stomp in Han's favour unless we can figure out how Batman can prepare.

(usually other online versus communities do not give a care on stomps - a win is a win and no two characters are identical unless they are identical)

I mean, if he wanted to...

Couldn't Bruce get a nuke? He is rich as all hell, and the amount of corruption in the verse would definitly allow something like that.

Batman knows a spell that can shut off magic for an hour. It worked on Circe.

There's a long-ass blog I remember that's dedicated to all of Batman's prep feats over the years. Need to find it again.

Here, found it. At least half of what's here is Post-Flashpoint, but seeing as those two continuities are now merged, whatever...

A lot of people forget (or in some cases, prefer not to remember) that many of Batman's greatest prep feats also involved outside help and access to some rather steep resources. So with that in mind, is Bats allowed any outside help during his prep time? Because (as you'll probably be able to tell from some of the feats here) that changes his capabilities drastically in a prep scenario.

I'm about to go tp sleep, so I'll just ask you...

Would it be more fair if he had it or not?

Without outside help, he had a Kryptonite ring made as a Superman contingency.

With outside help, he made a brass knuckle esque suit implant that contained several microscopic red suns in it, as a Superman contingency.

Decide for yourself, but the difference there should be thoroughly apparent.

Still, that was.... a heck of a literal ton of stuff he has pulled off. Specially that about studying Tibetan magic for only an hour then making a Tsam Khang from that little knowledge.

A week and 10 mana stones. That's a ton of potential for stuff he could do.

The sheer amount of "lol Bats can beat anyone with prep" cancer floating around the web makes it easy to forget that, holy shit, Batman is actually really scary when you give him prep time.

90% of all inflated rumors have some truth to them.

Batman might not be god, or even the character with the best prep feats in his setting. But his reputation doesn't come from nowhere; he's still the wrong guy to **** with in a scenario where research and planning is involved.

Thing is unlike an author that can come with whatever situation or explanation he sees fitting, it's immensely hard to really probe the limits of what Batam could potentially do with 1 week without, perhaps, sounding implausible.

His uppermost limit that I've been able to see over the years is A) dealing with people who have better prep feats than him (Constantine comes to mind) and Be) going against beings on the level of Darkseid's many avatars. Very few people in his verse can boast the former, but the latter has nearly gotten him killed on more than one occasion.

Of course Darkseid, even when limited to his avatars, happens to be one of the most overpowered DC villains to exist below Tier 1, and happens to have (among other things) eighteen senses, thousands upon thousands of years of tactical experience, and his own history of treachery and deception under his belt. And he regularly gives the rest of the JLA ridiculous amounts of trouble as well. So saying that prep makes him Darkseid-level (or anywhere near that, even) is being extremely generous.

Having said that, Han had better have some really, really upper-class prep showings if he's to have any chance of winning this, even if Bats doesn't have any outside assistance beyond his usual finances and employees.

I couldn't remember the last time I saw The Gamer and I wasn't exactly caught up, but the main thing is that Han has a metric ton of inherent capability already beyond his prep time, and resources like his Golems.

So Batman has, in here, a battle not only of what he can pull off with his prep time, but also what can he do to bridge the versatility and the fairly big bridge in power difference.

But I don't doubt he'd find out a ton, and I mean a ton, about the qualities of mana in that amount of time. Because mana has obvious countermeasures as seen with Han's golems and their rubber esque projectiles that can disrupt spells. And he has all the money and time in the world to abuse such details.

Well, Batman's main problem is that he doesn't have full knowledge.

He knows Han has mana based magic, is empowered by the earth and even has samples of mana.

But even if Han lost all of his mana and got his gamer power negated, he is still extremely good with martial arts, has AP and can stun batman with stuff like fool's act. That and a load of golems on his side.

I hate to bear bad news, but Batman has legitimately beaten worse odds than that with prep.

Shit, with only a piece of Krypton's sun and some specialized knowledge, he made a red sun generator that he used to weaken a whole army of guys with Kryptonian powers. And one of his feats literally shows him defeating a master sorcerer after spending only an hour learning exactly one form of magic.

Higher stats and hax/versatility are also things he has circumvented before, and in a much greater capacity. See his entire set of anti-JLA contingencies (including a mech suit that auto-no'd Barry Allen!Flash to the point that Batman himself didn't even see it happen due to the suit doing all the work on its own in less time than even Barry could adjust to, as well as his counter for Green Lantern), the ridiculous number of character-specific anti-superpower items he's built, and all of the defenses in the Batcave. (which include countermeasures against psychic powers and teleportation, of all things) As far as AP, he even developed a contingency for Superman before they'd even met, that didn't revolve around exploiting Clark's weaknesses. (read: no Kryptonite suits or red sun tech)

And even if he doesn't have full knowledge, there's nothing stopping him from gaining knowledge through various means during prep, which is what he always does. And even then, you still gave him access to ten mana stones and a week of time to abuse his existing resources. He's done serious damage with a hell of a lot less than that, and this isn't even going into the fact that he's not limited to whatever he can bring to a battlefield on his own if preparation is involved. (he literally had a satellite built/sent into space that was designed to track Superman and weaken him at any point he chooses, and he's also set his own vehicles to attack foes before)

This is on top of the fact that Batman already carries things like knockout gas and flashbangs on his person as part of his standard gear, for the specific purpose of disabling enemies without using brute force.

My fingers kind of itch for someone capable to make a Fanfic in which Batman interacts with, and learns to use, The Gamer system of magic or becoming an ability user. Just so much potential abuse to be seen of the system with his ability for planning and preparing.

Batman can beat any anime character that's 3-dimensional with prep

I say he takes this because of the sheer amount of proof MrKingOfNegativity gave here

I don't see how he would obtain knowledge though. He doesn't know what his enemy looks like, what name he has and even any specifics about his powers beyond being empowered by the planet.

Even if he can research people in another world, how would he gain knowledge here?

Kredory said:
Batman can beat any anime character that's 3-dimensional with prep
I say he takes this because of the sheer amount of proof MrKingOfNegativity gave here
Tbh, Doctor Doom and John Constantine say "nah".

If you think Batman is ridiculous, well, John has actually outsmarted Bruce and made a fool out of him before. And he's broken into the Batcave. Twice.

There's also the whole bit about him bluffing/tricking Vertigo!angels and trapping guys like Doctor Fate, which I doubt Bats could do even with his insane prep skills.

EDIT: Oh, wait, he said any "anime" character. Nevermind. Damn, I need to sleep.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I don't see how he would obtain knowledge though. He doesn't know what his enemy looks like, what name he has and even any specifics about his powers beyond being empowered by the planet.

Even if he can research people in another world, how would he gain knowledge here?
1. As far as I have been aware, we assume the setting of the battle (note: not the battlefield specifically, just the general setting) is neutral to both verses unless they're from different time periods or something.

2. Batman has quite literally gotten knowledge on beings from other planets before during his many preparations, notably the Martians (he prepared high-tech defenses against Martian telepathy in his cowl as a general contingency) and Kryptonians. (see almost every anti-Superman/anti-Kryptonian countermeasure he's ever put in place) He's also shown to be able to do shit like tap into the Secret Service's communication line, so it's by no means a stretch to say that he could pull something similar in order to root out the identity of the person who's conspiring to kill him. From there, it's just detective work, which is one of the things he's infamous for. ("World's Greatest Detective" and all)

Even if he doesn't end up finding out Han's identity in time, his first ever contingency for Superman before they'd even met was to have made for him a forcefield specifically keyed against superhuman biological matter, and this was his opening instinct against a being he had never met before, with only tenuous information on said being's capabilities. With the given knowledge he has here and access to ten mana stones, he could easily walk into the fight with a similar forcefield keyed against mana, magic and/or anything else of identical nature.

Back