• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexandrite takes this mid-difficulty. She's quite a bit stronger (At least 20 Exatons to Diancie's 22 Petatons), has an almost definite experience advantage, her bow would be able to match and likely overpower Diancie's ranged attacks, and should she manage to get close enough to do H2H combat or summon her weapons (Which is entirely possible should she use Amethyst's whip) Diancie is screwed as she has no close-combat oriented attacks besides Tackle. Plus, with speed equalized Trick Room's effects are nullified. Diancie would just be prolonging the inevitable by playing a defensive game while attacking from the distance until Alexandrite finally breaks through her defenses and takes her down.

(Sorry for all the words.)

I'm not that good at maths, but I can definitely agree that Alexandrite has a statistical advantage. Looking up the calcs , that Diancie & Alexandrite get their scaling tiers from, & assuming I understand the definitions of these measurements right, the exact numbers are:

Diancie: 22.583 petatons (22,583,000,000,000,000 tons.)

Alexandrite: 20.537 exatons (20,537,000,000,000,000,000 tons.)

If my math is right, this means Alexandrite, although on the same tier, is technically about 909 times stronger. Is this a stomp? Because it seems like the numbers are REALLY not in Diancie's favor.

But, the numbers aren't everything, right? So what else is there? Well, Alexandrite has a huge advantage in melee range via the sheer size of herself & her weapons. Her Low-High Regenerationn is a massive pain, too.

So, what can Diancie do? Well, as the movie shows, it has telepathy, & can at the least, communicate with humans, so Telepathy with Alexandrite may be able to distract or confuse her, or such. Maybe? It could lean to momentary openings, demoralization of Alexandrite, or MAYBE making her fusion less stable via inducing internal conflict.... But it's questionable what dialogue between Diancie & Alexandrite could actually induce that, if they even do communicate.

Flight is a possible advantage. Diancie is a much smaller target than Malachite, & Malachite never flew. If it can block the arrows & other ranged attacks with its own attacks or projectiles, it may be able to gain some edge. Staying out of range & attacking would be a HUGE help, if Diancie can fly well enough.

One of Diancie's most useful options here is Guard Split, which would use its psychic powers to average its own & Alexandrite's defenses. Doesn't change their offensive abilities but it'd still be very helpful if Diancie thinks to use it.

The average of the 2 earlier numbers would be: 10,279,791,500,000,000,000

About 10 Quintillion. Roughly half of Alexandrite's number.

Assuming Alexandrite's AP & Durability start out the same, Guard Split getting both fighter's defenses to around here could be very helpful. Following that up with strategic use of Reflect & Light Screen to temporarily halve physical or "special" types of damage could help.... But again, assuming Alexandrite's AP starts at the same 20 Quintillion or so, she still has an enormous edge in AP.

Diamond Storm's DEF increasing would help.... Maybe Ancientpower's AP & Dura increasing, if Diancie got lucky with it.

But there's very little Diancie can do to close the gap. Sharpen to raise its own AP? But that's not much. Moonblast can lower the foe's AP with "special" attacks, a little less than 1 third of the time, but that's not much, nor often.

No clue what Skill Swap would do. Trade Clear Body for.... Regenerationn? Being a fusion?

Also, Weekly, I'm not sure what you mean by Diancie having no close-combat oriented moves besides Tackle. Besides being a small, flying target, I'm not sure why Diancie's attacks that can hit at range would be weaker at close range, other than possibly being interrupted. At the very least, it can Flail, I suppose, when low on health.

Bottom line: Diancie can fly, & has a few other useful abilities. With Guard Split, it could get itself & Alexandrite to nearly half their usual defenses.... Following up with Reflect, Light Screen, & durability boosts from stuff like Diamond Storm, Ancient Power, & lowering Alexandrite's "Special" AP with Moonblast & it could possibly tank a lot more hits from her.

The problem is, while Sharpen & Ancient Power too, can help with Diancie's mismatched AP, Alexandrite's is still over 900 times stronger before any stat changes. Guard Split, Flight, Relect & other Dura boosts would mean Alexandrite would barely hurt Diancie.... But Diancie's AP would probably be doing even less to Alexandrite.

Diancie, if it fought right, would be an incredible pain to kill. But unless it dodged & blocked projectiles & kept screens up & got lots of luck & good stats, A LOT, I don't think all those defensive advantages would actually be able to let it win the "damage race", simply because of how much & how long it would need to fight so well, against an opponent who would still hit much harder when she does land an attack.

Call me biased, but I'd vote Alexandrite, Medium-High difficulty.

Oh yeah, Diance has Flail too, forgot about that. What i meant was Diancie has no attacks that are really useful in straight up hand to hand combat. Diancie's H2H combat skill ammounts to bullrushing the enemy and flailing around blindly to try to do as much damage as possible. Her skillset is focused more on ranged attacks and defensive abilities rather than getting in close and fighting with her fists.

Also, would telepathy work on Alexandrite? Gems dont exactly have brains...

And Diancie is a rock/gemstone, too. It's shown to have Carbink servants in the movie, so I'd question if it & those rocks have brains, too. But it can still telepathically talk with them & they can do so as well, as can Xerneas. Diancie interacts with other Pokemon, too, like Ariados & Pangoro. I haven't seen the scenes, but I'd assume it could telepathically communicate with them. Unsure though.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diancie_(anime)

Gems are weird, too. Sentient rocks that project hard light bodies which they control.

There's also the matter of Steven getting his mind into Lars's. Yes, he's half human, but it was a product of his gem powers. Why would gem powers have a power for swapping minds if they don't have those to telepathically communicate with?

Rose's room can also respond to what Steven thinks or wants, can't it? Wouldn't that count as an instance of Gem stuff being able to interact with minds? Even if it is specifically a half-human's mind. I forget. Was it able to resond to Connie's thoughts?

Hmm okay, I see what you mean, but whether or not Carbink have brains is the question...from its Dex entries Carbink is actually formed similar to how a Gem is formed...

Gems kinda have a tendency to have abilities that only work exclusively on other Gems, Steven being the exception due to being half human.

Well, if Diancie can telepathically communicate with things that formed similarly to an actual Gem, especially a SU setting Gem, & even other non-Carbink Pokemon, then it seems reasonable to assume it has a good chance of being able to telepathically communicate with Alexandrite, for all the good it would do.

There's no guarantee them talking will turn things in Diancie's favor. It could, but it's very uncertain. Without knowing Diancie 's personality too well, I'm not too sure. While SBA support her being willing to kill, I'm not sure how readily this Diancie would take advantage of things like Alexandrite being demoralized or getting de-fused, but whatever.

Yeah, idk if we should really assume Carbinks formation was similar to Gems

Carbink doesnt have a hard light body construct unlike the gems, and Genderless pokemon such as Metagross have been stated to have Brains with IQ

Even so, I dont see how it helps, Its not really in Diancies nature to manipulate others and have them split apart, like she would do inside Alexandrites mind.

So yeah...

Voting Alexandrite thanks to experience and Garnet/Pearl probably fighting Gems similar to Diancies powers

Three gems are better than one. Alexandrite because of what Weekly said, also, that ungodly power advantage.

@Jinx. I don't think Metagross has a "brain" in a traditional sense.

RFCOGGINS said:
Alex traps her in a bubble and locks her away forever. The end.
don't necro, the tread is so old that Diance became Planet Level.

the battle is now a stomp as Diancie can one-shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back