• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devourer vs Eevolutioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
PaChi2 said:
You must prove that he can, the burden of proof is on your side. We dont need to prove that he can't, and your reasoning isnt enough proof. If you created a CRT on that basis it'd get rejected.
Because basic logic isn't a proof anymore ?

i never said you had to prove anything , i just stated my reasoning ,you tryed to point out flaw in it and i explained why it wasn't making my reasoning invalid

that's your opinion , only you can judge what is enought proof for yourself , just like i can do the same , but my reasoning is still a valid proof

because the staff has it's own standard and decide what is on the wiki's page , since it's their wiki , but it's my argument so i can use anything i deem suffisant in it , simple as that

Dragomer said:

i never said you had to prove anything , i just stated my reasoning ,you tryed to point out flaw in it and i explained why it wasn't making my reasoning invalid

that's your opinion , only you can judge what is enought proof for yourself , just like i can do the same , but my reasoning is still a valid proof
If there is no proof then no, assumptions arent proof

Your reasoning is 100% based on assumptions, hence why it isnt valid

No, proof is proof, youre just making assumptions

WeeklyBattles said:
Resisting having your soul erased =/= resisting having your soul sucked out of your body, theyre two completely different things
someone trying to erase your soul and someone trying to suck it of your body are doing two different thing , yes BUT they are still closely related and you are doing the same thing in both case : you protect your soul and if your energie can protect your soul from one , it logicaly can protect it from the other , to at least some extent

Dragomer said:
someone trying to erase your soul and someone trying to suck it of your body are doing two different thing , yes BUT they are still closely related and you are doing the same thing in both case : you protect your soul and if your energie can protect your soul from one , it logicaly can protect it from the other , to at least some extent
No, that's not how it works. If you show you can do one but dont show you can do the other, you cannot just randomly assume you can do the other with no proof whatsoever.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dragomer said:

If there is no proof then no, assumptions arent proof
Your reasoning is 100% based on assumptions, hence why it isnt valid

No, proof is proof, youre just making assumptions
it's not an assumption as it is based on an actual feat

my reasoning is 100% based on an actual feat and how the serie has always portrayed it's hax resistance

no , i'm not , a working reasoning is proof in and of itself , because if it wasn't representing a reality or a fact , it would have flaw and wouldn't work with what we already know as facts

PaChi2 said:
We are telling you why your reasoning isnt accepted.
you can accept it or refuse it based on your own standard but it's still a proof and it's still a valid reasoning

Dragomer said:
my reasoning is 100% based on an actual feat and how the serie has always portrayed it's hax resistance

no , i'm not , a working reasoning is proof in and of itself , because if it wasn't representing a reality or a fact , it would have flaw and wouldn't work with what we already know as facts
No its not

Once again no its not

Your argument ISNT repesenting a reality or fact, hence why it IS flawed

No, it wasn't based on an actual feat, if it was, you would have to show Goku resisting his soul being sucked, all he did was resist the sould being erased, and you're assuming this would help against soul sucking, so, yeah, your argument is based on a assumption.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dragomer said:
No, that's not how it works. If you show you can do one but dont show you can do the other, you cannot just randomly assume you can do the other with no proof whatsoever.
the proof that you can do one is already a proof that you can do the other , not the most solid one but it is still at least an indication and it's solidified by how the serie in general portray hax resistance

that's a faulty reasoning since if the author placed that feat here to cover 'soul hax' in general , soul hax will never be mentionned again in the serie , especialy when you see that most fictional author consider existence erasure is a step up to soul erasure or soul manipulation , just like most people do

Dragomer said:
the proof that you can do one is already a proof that you can do the other , not the most solid one but it is still at least an indication and it's solidified by how the serie in general portray hax resistance
that's a faulty reasoning since if the author placed that feat here to cover 'soul hax' in general , soul hax will never be mentionned again in the serie , especialy when you see that most fictional author consider existence erasure is a step up to soul erasure or soul manipulation , just like most people do
No its not, the fact that there's no solid proof means its not legitimate.

Authorial intent doesnt matter here, if he doesnt have feats in the show itself then you cant just assume he does.

It doesn't matter if "the author placed that feat here to cover 'soul hax' in general", if the author's intent goes against what was shown in the series, we don't use it, we use what was shown.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dragomer said:

No its not
Once again no its not

Your argument ISNT repesenting a reality or fact, hence why it IS flawed
not an argument

once again not an argument

that's the other way around , if you find a dissonance between fact and the reasoning , then the reasoning isn't representing reality but you can't just go 'i don't see the reality represented in that reasoning so it's flawed' , you can't disprove a reasoning if the reasoning isn't contradicting already known facts

Well. Enough.

@Dragomer if you want your vote to be counted, then give another reasoning.

Since its clear both sides wont come into an agreement.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
It doesn't matter if "the author placed that feat here to cover 'soul hax' in general", if the author's intent goes against what was shown in the series, we don't use it, we use what was shown.
and what does the series show that contradict that ? absolutly nothing

Dragomer said:
not an argument

that's the other way around , if you find a dissonance between fact and the reasoning , then the reasoning isn't representing reality but you can't just go 'i don't see the reality represented in that reasoning so it's flawed' , you can't disprove a reasoning if the reasoning isn't contradicting already known facts
Your argument is based on an assumptio

Your reasoning has no basis on an actual feat or portrayal

You want me to disprove your argument, fine: Goku has no feats to prove he has the resistances youre listing, therefore he does not have them.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dragomer said:
No its not, the fact that there's no solid proof means its not legitimate.
Authorial intent doesnt matter here, if he doesnt have feats in the show itself then you cant just assume he does.
just saying 'no it's not' is not an argument

by that logic , since Thresh never tanked a punch in the face by a normal human , he can't tank it , even if the author intended him to be stronger than a normal human

Dragomer said:
by that logic , since Thresh never tanked a punch in the face by a normal human , he can't tank it , even if the author intended him to be stronger than a normal human
Except Thresh has feats to back up his tier, the things youre claiming Goku can do have no evidence to back them up

WeeklyBattles said:
Dragomer said:
not an argument

Your argument is based on an assumptio
Your reasoning has no basis on an actual feat or portrayal

You want me to disprove your argument, fine: Goku has no feats to prove he has the resistances youre listing, therefore he does not have them.
just saying it doesn't make it true

just saying it doesn't make it true again

Thresh never tanked a banana being thrown at him , therefor , he can't tank it , awesome argument we are having with those standard

PaChi2 said:
Well. Enough.
@Dragomer if you want your vote to be counted, then give another reasoning.

Since its clear both sides wont come into an agreement.
why only my reasoning should be discounted over a partial disagreement ?

if both side had to give another reasoning to have their vote count , i would say nothing but here it's clearly unfair

especialy since my only point people are arguing against is the soul thing , nobody said anything about the rest

Dragomer said:

Thresh never tanked a banana being thrown at him , therefor , he can't tank it , awesome argument we are having with those standard
Then show proof that makes it true

Once again, show proof that makes it true

Thresh destroyed the universe so yes he can. Gotta love how instead of giving proof or admitting youre wrong youre just trolling now.

Look man, i'm going to the profile, and i'm not seeing "resistance to soul manipulation" anywhere. If you want Goku to have it, make a CRT, and debate it in the CRT because you are derailing right now.

Until then, it's not a legitimate argument here

WeeklyBattles said:
Dragomer said:
Except Thresh has feats to back up his tier, the things youre claiming Goku can do have no evidence to back them up
He still has no feat of tanking being punched by a normal human , by your standard , that mean he can't

WeeklyBattles said:
Dragomer said:

Then show proof that makes it true
Once again, show proof that makes it true

Thresh destroyed the universe so yes he can. Gotta love how instead of giving proof or admitting youre wrong youre just trolling now.
i already explained that point

same here

cool , that's still not a feat of tanking a punch , so he still can't tank a punch

i'm not trolling , i'm showing why your standard don't work

Dragomer said:

same here

cool , that's still not a feat of tanking a punch , so he still can't tank a punch

No, you need PROOF, not some explanation about how you can assume he has a resistance when he doesnt

Devouring a universe is literally infinitely above tanking a punch

Our standards of "Show proof to back up your claims"?

Kaltias said:
Look man, i'm going to the profile, and i'm not seeing "resistance to soul manipulation" anywhere. If you want Goku to have it, make a CRT, and debate it in the CRT because you are derailing right now.
Until then, it's not a legitimate argument here
and ripping someone's soul isn't on Thresh's ability page either , his soul manipulation come from his ability to take souls's of already dead people

yet i see nobody using that to say that the whole 'soul thing' isn't a legitimate argument

WeeklyBattles said:
Dragomer said:

same here

No, you need PROOF, not some explanation about how you can assume he has a resistance when he doesnt
Devouring a universe is literally infinitely above tanking a punch

Our standards of "Show proof to back up your claims"?
reasoning are proof , my reasoning show that his soul erasure resistance feat logicaly mean he has some resistance to soul manipulation

and existence erasure is litteraly above soul stuff , as portrayed in any kind of fiction

meh , 'if he didn't do it directly and exactly like that , he can't do it at all' is more akin to the standard you presented me with right now

"Existence erasure is literally above soul stuff"

This doesn't mean anything at all. Existence erasure is also above matter manipulation in terms of killing power, but this doesn't mean that Goku resists it. Hell, it's above "punch you until you die" too, but Goku can be punched to death.

Dragomer said:
reasoning are proof , my reasoning show that his soul erasure resistance feat logicaly mean he has some resistance to soul manipulation

and existence erasure is litteraly above soul stuff , as portrayed in any kind of fiction

meh , 'if he didn't do it directly and exactly like that , he can't do it at all' is more akin to the standard you presented me with right now
No, proof is proof, anything other than that isnt viable evidence and cannot be used as an argument here. You still have yet to provide one piece of evidence other than your reaching explanations.

Kalitas already explained this better than me

Exactly, if he doesnt have feats of doing something then you cant randomly assume he can. What is so hard to understand about that?

Kaltias said:
"Existence erasure is literally above soul stuff"
This doesn't mean anything at all. Existence erasure is also above matter manipulation in terms of killing power, but this doesn't mean that Goku resists it. Hell, it's above "punch you until you die" too but you can punch Goku to death
same logic as with Thresh , if being above something else mean nothing , then Thresh wouldn't tank a human's punch , as we can't extrapolate from universal feat and he has never shown to directly tank a human's punch

@Dragomer Are you seriously trying to compare durability feats to feats of hax resistance? Because theyre completely different things. If youre universe level you can very obviously tanke a human level punch, but if you can resist one type of hax that doesnt mean you can automatically resist every type of hax that is even remotely related to it. That's honestly one of the most ridicuous arguments ive ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back