• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Epsilon_R

He/Him
This thread is about the usage of Devil Power as Multipliers for Black Clover.

We know that the usage of Devil Power boosts the power of the user. It is both stated and shown in battle to do so. The more percentage of Devil Power one use, the stronger they'll become. A single percentage increase of Devil Power can increase the power of the user, therefore using 100% of Devil Power would be 100 times a single percentage increase.

It should also be noted that while a small percentage increase significantly boosts one's power, it's still consistent as in it doesn't turn the battle from a stomp, to being stomped.

Example:
  • Vanica (50% to 51%, 52%... 65%): Was gaining the edge over Noelle at each percentage increase. While Noelle did say a 1% increase in power, she could still keep up with Vanica at higher percentages and didn't turn a stomp around.

On the other hand, large percentage increases are used to completely overpower the opponent:

Finally, we have Magna Vs Dante. In this fight, Magna stole half of Dante's power which reverted him back to a lower percentage. Going by the markings covering him, it matches that of 50% Dante. This means that halving 100% Dante's power brings him back to 50%, which makes the gap between 50% and 100% a 2× difference.

Conclusion

We have a statement about their power increasing even by increasing the Devil Power at 1%, therefore unleashing 100% of Devil power would be 100 times superior. Furthermore, it is consistent as the usage of Devil Power is either for keeping up with an opponent that previously stomped them / stomp the opponent that previously was comparable to them, or simply gaining the edge in a fight in the case of a small percentage increase. Additionally, the gap between 50% and 100% is about 2× difference.

This would change everyone that is currently scaling to Low 6-B to values between 8.485 Teratons for 50% Dark Triad, and 16.97 Teratons for 100% Dark Triad

8.485: 50% DT, BM Asta
9.334: 55% Zenon, William
10.18: 60% DT, Yami
11.88: 70% DT
13.58: 80% DT, Yami (Mana Zone Condense), DB Asta, Devil Union Nacht
16.97: 100% DT, Lilith, Naamah, Yuno, Noelle
33.94: Naalith, DU Asta

We have a statement about their power increasing even by increasing the Devil Power at 1%, therefore unleashing 100% of Devil power would be 100 times superior.
While this is true that logically 100% DP should be 100 times more powerful than a 1% we do not know that at 100% they are literally 2 times as powerful.

Last edited:
going by math calc, it will be a 1.5 times increase not a 2 times increase from 50% to 100%
Only if you consider Magna's power a 1 and 100% Dante's power a 2. But since Magna's power if so small compared to Dante's (Magna even made a example by putting his own magic at 2 and Dante's at 1000, so splitting them equal would be 501 so about half) it's basically like reducing Dante's power by half (That's why Magna himself says it's half)

Edit: Actually how did you get a 1.5× increase?

Last edited:
Only if you consider Magna's power a 1 and 100% Dante's power a 2. But since Magna's power if so small compared to Dante's (Magna even made a example by putting his own magic at 2 and Dante's at 1000, so splitting them equal would be 501 so about half) it's basically like reducing Dante's power by half (That's why Magna himself says it's half)
Yes he is taking all of Dante magic power and dividing it by half, i am actually Iffy in the entire dante reverted back to 50% that was an assumption, i was actually plannin a CRT to upgrade them with the 1.5 times increase but you beat me to it with a 2 times increase, anyway like i said it will be an assumption to say he went back to 50%, but simply he lost 50% of his power and the rest went to magna making magna also 50% of 100% dante.

How did you get all these AP values for the Dark Triad? Where do they all come from?

this math is wrong
if it is base * percentage, then their 100% will be 169*2 which will be 338
What you're doing is multiplying by the percentage of their own power, not the devil power.

1% increase of Devil Power is an amp, so 100% of devil power is 100× above that

So let's say a 1% Devil Power increase is a 1.1 amp, 100% would be 1.1 (amp gained by increasing DP by 1%)×100

What you're doing is multiplying by the percentage of their own power, not the devil power.

1% increase of Devil Power is an amp, so 100% of devil power is 100× above that

So let's say a 1% Devil Power increase is a 1.1 amp, 100% would be 1.1 (amp gained by increasing DP by 1%)×100
Nah I cant agree with that logic.

Assuming 1 is their base and DP increases it to 1.1 then DP is 0.1 thus times ones hundred would be 10. So they go from 1 to 11. This is assuming that DP increases their base by 0.1 in the first place. Assuming that DP increases their base by 100 times has no basis to it. All you can say is that it increases the amp of 1 percent by 100 which yet again we don't know what that 1 percent amp is compared to base.

This entire Upgrade is based on wonky scaling, reasons and so many assumptions so i think this should be put on hold, or scale them to their current feat and they ger Higher

Nah I cant agree with that logic.

Assuming 1 is their base and DP increases it to 1.1 then DP is 0.1 thus times ones hundred would be 10. So they go from 1 to 11. This is assuming that DP increases their base by 0.1 in the first place. Assuming that DP increases their base by 100 times has no basis to it. All you can say is that it increases the amp of 1 percent by 100 which yet again we don't know what that 1 percent amp is compared to base.
I don't see what you don't understand here :/

If their base is 1 and a 1% Devil Power increase puts them to 1.1 (so a 1.1 amp and not a 0.1 like you said), then a 100% Devil Power amp is 100× superior than a single percentage amp

DP boost being a 0.1× amp wouldn't make sense to begin with

Last edited:
I don't see what you don't understand here :/

If their base is 1 and a 1% Devil Power increase puts them to 1.1 (so a 1.1 amp and not a 0.1 like you said), then a 100% Devil Power amp is 100× superior than a single percentage amp

DP boost being a 0.1× amp wouldn't make sense to begin with
If their base is one and one percent puts them at 1.1 that is an increase of 0.1. 1.1 - 1. So the amp is only 0.1. then 100 times that would be 10. Add to their base is 11 altogether. Also it's not about making sense we have no idea what the amp is. Getting them ridiculously more powerful with no actual statement on the level the amp is at is what makes no sense.

Getting them ridiculously more powerful with no actual statement on the level the amp is at is what makes no sense.
Okay, to be fair, Noelle said that even a 1% boost was a phenomenal power boost (when Vanica went from 50% to 51%)

I mean I know but a literal 100 times power boost with no actual rating stated for the percentages is truly ridiculous.
Overall, I'm neutral on the scaling itself. I believe Devil Power is linear but I'm neutral on this scaling in particular. Though, wouldn't it simply be an argument from incredulity to just say "it's ridiculous for this to be the case"?

Overall, I'm neutral on the scaling itself. I believe Devil Power is linear but I'm neutral on this scaling in particular. Though, wouldn't it simply be an argument from incredulity to just say "it's ridiculous for this to be the case"?
I am not saying it is not linear btw. It seems you are missing my point. It is not an argument of incredulity I dont care what the actual multiplier we try to propose is. The simple fact is that we do not know what 1% DP actually means all we know is that if makes them stronger. That is it. If we were told how much 1 percent made them stronger by, then we could try to work out a logical scale but we simply arent. All they can get is higher via DP.

If their base is one and one percent puts them at 1.1 that is an increase of 0.1. 1.1 - 1. So the amp is only 0.1. then 100 times that would be 10. Add to their base is 11 altogether. Also it's not about making sense we have no idea what the amp is. Getting them ridiculously more powerful with no actual statement on the level the amp is at is what makes no sense.
This logic doesn't make sense

If 1% Devil Power actually multiplied their power by 0.1, the Dark Triad would end up weaker than their base. That wouldn't even be a boost in the first place. Just do 169.7×0.1 and you'll see how wrong that is

Sure 1% Devil Power is an unknown amp, but the simple fact that it boosts their power means it cannot be a 1× multiplier or less (you can take 1.1× , 1.000000000001× or the lowest value that's higher than 1 for all I care). So 100% DP increase > 1% DP increase > base

Last edited:
This logic doesn't make sense

If 1% Devil Power actually multiplied their power by 0.1, the Dark Triad would end up weaker than their base. That wouldn't even be a boost in the first place. Just do 169.7×0.1 and you'll see how wrong that is

Sure 1% is an unquantifiable amp, but the fact that it boosts their power means it cannot be a 1× multiplier or less (it can be 1.1× , 1.000000000001× or whatever).
I think there is a misunderstanding here. In the first place before they use DP they obviously have a base AP. 1% DP doesn't have to be a multiplier on their base and can just be an addition (increasing power by X amount) the multiplier part comes in when it multiplies the initial DP. Overall AP is their base + DP, not their base x DP. There is no evidence in the first place that DP multiplies their base power.

Last edited:
Devil Power does boost their base magic

And if DP was just an addition of magic, it would have to be magic to begin with
Yes I know it boosts their base magic any addition of power on top of what you have is a boost of power regardless of if it is multiplicative or additional you would have to prove that a simply 1% boost literally multiplies their base power rather than adding on top it as far as I know there is no statement of such. For all we know 1% could add 10 times their power or could add 0.2 times their power the point is it is not a multiplier of their base.

Again, for it to be an addition Devil Power would require to have magic. Why would it add magic out of nowhere to their base when it's not even magic?

Again, for it to be an addition Devil Power would require to have magic. Why would it add magic out of nowhere to their base when it's not even magic?
? It doesnt have to do any of that. It simply doesnt have to be a multiplication of their base regardless of how it gives them power. It would be up to you to prove it is a multiplication of their base not anyone else. And just assuming it is is not a good idea.

It's not. It hasn't even referred to be magic once
Spare the usual trash about devil's power not being magic i mean wtaf, smae thing was said in the previous thread. Devil's have magic and use magic for everything and when you are possessed by a devil and using the devil's power you are using the devil's magic, mana or whatever it is you want to say but it is magic. and yes devils have magic so dude stop with your rubbish about devil's power not being magic related, like literally their entire hierarchy is about their magic level also like nobles, royals and commoner
here
here also

And the only thing he said was i am no longer in 100% nothing more
That's literally the exact same. The difference you're seeing is him shirtless in the first scan and wearing a fur coat on the second, the actual devil power is covering the same thing in both scans and he has 2 horns and the markings on the face are identical so are the wings.

Back