• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destruction Value of Nuclear Pasta

According to the current method we use, we scale shear modulus or modulus of rigidity of a certain material to fragmentation.

Sci-News describes Nuclear Pasta's shear modulus to be 10^30 ergs/cm3, or 10^23 mpa so we can scale things from there. Here too

Fragmentation: 1e+23 J/cm³

There is no info on tensile or compressive strength on the material, so this would be used as a low ball for destroying anything on that caliber, or stronger than said caliber.

Looks fine at a glance but uh...

What would we even use it for LMFAO

I don't fuggin' know, it's veeery situational lmfao
Oh well.

I guess you could call up DontTalkDT and Spino (Since they are the guys who worked with the chart) and if they agree, we can just add this to the Destruction Values chart? Maybe Bambu too, he did a bit of work as well. Since this is uncontroversial and so situational, I doubt it would cause any uproar.

Plus, we'd need explicit statements for an item to be made out of nuclear pasta to even qualify for this.

Oh well.

I guess, you could call up DontTalk and Spino (Since they are the guys who worked with the chart) and if they agree, we can just add this to the Destruction Values chart?
Yeah, sure.
It's too bad we lack info on it, although I doubt a lot of verses will use that anyway

Plus, we'd need explicit statements for an item to be made out of nuclear pasta to even qualify for this.
I think I know one verse or two which use this material, such as Satisfactory, but I don't think they have a page here.

when a character rips out a chunk of the crust of a neutron star
FTFY

It's still super, super specific, most of the times they'd just blow up Neutron Stars for which we can just either go GBE or just figure out high-speed KE.

i admit that it is

what tier is eating nuclear pasta, as if it were pasta?
bruh

well for starters, we gotta figure out the depth of the neutron star crust and the area it covers. And then there's the mass and density.

I don't think this really needs to go on the chart, given the chart is intended to be concise information about the most common materials and I've quite literally never seen nuclear pasta mentioned in fiction ever. That said, that is indeed how we get our destruction values, yes.

Yeah not sure why anyone would need this lmao. But if you have a calc where someone uh breaks nuclear pasta or something then yes indeed we use shear strength as fragmentation.

Back