• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Despicable Me gets Mooned

Me writing this CRT:
T3gj.gif

ahem
Basically this nice lil' short came out in 2023 called "Mooned" that shows us what happened to Vector while he was stuck on the moon. Here it is, slightly cut off at the end.

Vector uses several gadgets to try and get out of it only to fail again and again.

Throughout this he preforms the following feats:

-He dashes across the moon in seconds, which gives a Sub-Relativistic result
-As he dashes, he sees he is approaching a rock so he uses his stretch suit to catch onto a small boulder to stop himself from hitting the giant rock, only for the smaller rock to slingshot into him, hitting him and causing the giant rock to crumble to pieces. This gives an 8-B result and proves that Vector can properly react and grab onto immobile objects whilst moving at sub-rel speed.

This means that Vector has 8-B durability and sub-rel speed and reactions.
Gru should upscale cause Vector ran away when Gru got serious. Had he been able to just Armstrong his way through and beat Gru he wouldn't have bothered abandoning his base and running. Additionally Gru has been shown to be physically superior in every way.

Now, are the feats themselves consistent? I guess? I mean Vector has survived electricity from large pylons and in the same short he takes off using a dozen or so rockets, catches up with the minion's spaceship which could achieve enough speed to cross interplanetary distances and then slammed into them at a similar speed several times with his body and survived and even stayed concious for a while. Additionally, beyond cartoony shenanigans, we haven't actually seen the limit of what Gru can do with his strength.

So, overall, TL;DR

But I believe I recall better feats I've been hearing about that are being left out at the moment.
The only thing that i can remember is the "EL Macho throw himself into a volcano" feat

There is also the Purple Minion eating an atomic bomb, although the veracity of this seems debatable

Nothing notable besides that

Yeah, this should be fine.

But I believe I recall better feats I've been hearing about that are being left out at the moment.
Idk man, I haven't seen the new movie yet. I don't think minions rise of gru has anything decent beyond the final fight, although that fight wouldn't scale to anyone beyond like 3 minions with powerups. minions has good feats but nobody scales without powerups yet again. The rest don't have that much afaik.

He only faked the idea that he did not survive, he still physically went through the act.
thing is, the entire scene could've been set up from the beginning. Additionally, Gru never physically fought Macho neither at his prime nor after he went purple, he used ice, electricity and then the minions used a fart gun to take him out - all stuff that was shown to ignore durability to an extent. This means that even if it did happen, nobody would actually scale.

Not the new movie (Though there are new feats there) but rather feats I found in this G1 blog that could be worth (re)calculating.
Minion nuclear bomb feats and Gru tanking a nuke shouldn't work since we see clearly that the explosions aren't even close to what a nuke is. At most it gives them resistance to radiation.
There are two feats that interest me and that is the Minions TNT survival, which Idk where to find since they never provided a proper video, and the one where Vector survives the expansion of the moon, which I have issues with. I have issues with surviving expansions in general (Thinking on nerfing Pink Panther due to that ngl).
This is the only calc we have of that type and in the comments they figured out some form of a formula for it, though idk if it actually works. I just generally have an issue with something expanding since it gains mass while it expans and for some reason we're assuming that the energy is similar to if a full mass planet moved at hypersonic speed.
Additionally, in Vector's case, there was nothing that suggested that that expansion hurt him, something that we consistently see with everything else from pirhanas to electricity to rocks slamming into him to him slamming into the minion's ship repeatedly.

Just as a note, I am leaving base Minions at 9-A and give them 8-B with weapons only. If someone can prove they can tank hits from Gru or do something of the sort then be my guest.

Actually I think we seriously need some Minion feats since we literally have nothing to scale em rn, their 9-A is based on basically nothing.

I don't think this is a stretch considering the first movie's plot is Gru trying to steal the moon. You should be good on this. Also...
Actually I think we seriously need some Minion feats since we literally have nothing to scale em rn, their 9-A is based on basically nothing.
Where do we start?

After looking at the Macho feat, the feat might be like 8-B+, maybe 8-A but it's unlikely

Solid Minion durability feats. We get that we get their tier. I think I need to find the dynamite feat from DM3 that is mentioned in the document Psycho sent above.
I don't think I should be here, but the feat is at 4:48 of this video.

(First time actually talking in threads hope I didn't do anything wrong)

I don't think I should be here, but the feat is at 4:48 of this video.

(First time actually talking in threads hope I didn't do anything wrong)

The actual explosion gets skipped which is a notable issue.

Anyways you are fully allowed to talk in threads that aren't in the staff threads section. Additionally you can't have casual conversation in wiki management threads, you're only allowed to post there when it's something directly related to the thread.
Content revision, calc threads, versus threads, fun and games, news and announcements are all allowed.

The actual explosion gets skipped which is a notable issue.

Anyways you are fully allowed to talk in threads that aren't in the staff threads section. Additionally you can't have casual conversation in wiki management threads, you're only allowed to post there when it's something directly related to the thread.
Content revision, calc threads, versus threads, fun and games, news and announcements are all allowed.
Found one where it wasn't skipped. The timestamp for the feat is luckily the same

Also like I said, expansions feats are mad sus.

Additionally nothing indicates Vector was affected by the expansion in any way when lesser feats do

I have a feeling that High 7-C crew would be an outlier
I´m a bit iffy on considering a high-end feat an outlier just because it is far higher than what is expected from the verse

My question was more about if the feat is really calculable than what value it would give

Also like I said, expansions feats are mad sus.

Additionally nothing indicates Vector was affected by the expansion in any way when lesser feats do
Ok then

Back