• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Despairing teenager fights a very successful criminal [Re:Zero vs Grand Theft Auto] 2-0-0

Arc 6 Subaru Natsuki (Re:Zero) VS GTA Online Protagonist. (Grand Theft Auto) A battle of two Glass Cannons with Type 4 Immortality & Resurrection

Both are in character

The GTA Online Protagonist has full knowledge of Subaru.

Speed is unequalized.

Subaru has Beatrice + his other equipment, and GTA Online Protagonist has access to all of their equipment.

The battle takes place in Los Santos on Grove Street. It is daytime. Both combatants start in a house on opposite sides of the street. Subaru's checkpoint is in said house. About 20 or so meters apart

Subaru's Stats:

Athlete Level
physically, Street Level with whip, Wall Level with Patrasche, can Negate durability

At least Supersonic Reaction/perception speed with Athletic movement speed, Superhuman with Patrasche.

GTA Protag's Stats

Wall Level
Physical stats >51.6 Kilojoules. Small Building Level to Large Building Level with equipment.

Subsonic+ Perceptions and combat speed with Peak Human movement speed, up to Subsonic+ with vehicles

Subaru's Advantages:

• Superior Type 4 Immortality & resurrection he can use to gain intel on GTA Protag with each death loop
  • Significantly higher reaction and perception speed.
  • Vastly more versatile with Beatrice, and can negate durability, become invulnerable, or BFR
  • Possibly greater Intelligence
  • Possibly greater stamina and pain tolerance
  • Social Influencing that can influence the Protag, or their allies
  • Vastly higher willpower

GTA Protag's advantages:

• Vastly higher physical durability and AP both physically and with equipment
  • Significantly higher movement speed
  • Greater numbers via summoning (Merryweather, Muggers, Facility backup)
  • Dramatically greater range
  • Peak Human LS
  • More reliable regeneration & healing
  • Greater versatility of equipment
  • Vastly higher attack speed

Wincons for both: Whoever gives up, or mentally breaks first.

Who wins and why?

Suffering Teenager: 2, SatellaTheWoE, MasterOwOgay

Faceless, Nameless Criminal: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Voting Subaru
Subaru not only has vastly higher willpower so he will probably win because GTA protag breaks first
but he can also BFR him to a void dimension via Al Shamak
(Subaru also has multiple 9B calculations but they haven't been added yet btw)

Voting Subaru
Subaru not only has vastly higher willpower so he will probably win because GTA protag breaks first
but he can also BFR him to a void dimension via Al Shamak
Counted, though I personally prefer around a paragraph of reasoning. But given the wincon, it's all good.(Your username is based by the way)

GTA Protag can take the "easy way out" and respawn back in Los Santos. And what is Subaru's answer to being swarmed with Merryweather, Muggers, and Facility backup?

(Subaru also has multiple 9B calculations but they haven't been added yet btw)
Sauce? I always believed he had to have SOME feats above Tier 10. Though whether he's 10-A or 9-B doesn't matter all that much here since the wincon is the same.

Counted, though I personally prefer around a paragraph of reasoning. But given the wincon, it's all good.(Your username is based by the way)
GTA Protag can take the "easy way out" and respawn back in Los Santos. And what is Subaru's answer to being swarmed with Merryweather, Muggers, and Facility backup?
is bringing huge amounts of people and other characters even allowed? Subaru brings Reinhard gg
I would say minya alone is enough tbh
Sauce? I always believed he had to have SOME feats above Tier 10. Though whether he's 10-A or 9-B doesn't matter all that much here since the wincon is the same.
in arc 1 when he first kicked Kan, the wall behind him cracked and cratered from the impact of his kick
in arc 2 he tanks a hit from Rem that cratered a mountainside behind him
He would be 9B+ with them and almost 9A with the rem feat
(although arc 5 Subaru should already be 9A due to training)

is bringing huge amounts of people and other characters even allowed? Subaru brings Reinhard gg
I would say minya alone is enough tbh
Summoning is in fact allowed as I understand it.

Could Minya take out the GTA protag in a tank? Could Beatrice feasibly tag GTA protag on an Oppressor Mk2 or an Avenger? Or any other aerial vehicle?

I'll be blunt, I added myself as a supporter to Re:Zero, but I've only gotten into it relatively recently so my knowledge is admittedly anemic. I know for certain GTA Protag has no hope of overcoming Subaru's Immortality, but what about the GTA protag's? (Speaking of, GTA Protag should have Type 8 since his Immortality is dependent upon Chris Formage).

in arc 1 when he first kicked Kan, the wall behind him cracked and cratered from the impact of his kick
in arc 2 he tanks a hit from Rem that cratered a mountainside behind him
He would be 9B+ with them and almost 9A with the rem feat
(although arc 5 Subaru should already be 9A due to training)
As I recall, he doesn't/shouldn't have any anti-feats in regards to this no?

Summoning is in fact allowed as I understand it.

Could Minya take out the GTA protag in a tank? Could Beatrice feasibly tag GTA protag on an Oppressor Mk2 or an Avenger? Or any other aerial vehicle?

I'll be blunt, I added myself as a supporter to Re:Zero, but I've only gotten into it relatively recently so my knowledge is admittedly anemic. I know for certain GTA Protag has no hope of overcoming Subaru's Immortality, but what about the GTA protag's? (Speaking of, GTA Protag should have Type 8 since his Immortality is dependent upon Chris Formage).
Not ssure why it wasnt added but Subaru and beatrice have soul manipulation
Anyways, one way Subaru can gg GTA protag is by mana draining him so passes out
Another is if he crystalizes only his limbs so he doesnt die but becomes immobile
He could also use shamak and tie him up (though that one might not work)
there are probably more but these come to my mind rn
As I recall, he doesn't/shouldn't have any anti-feats in regards to this no?
nah, everybody else in the verse is so strong its actually more debatable if he shouldnt scale to THEIR bare minimum which is tier 7A
I literally just saw a conversation about a time where Subaru might have potentially been able to scar a 7A with his whip (it didnt happen though because tappei likes to write "but thats not what happened" at every single step smh)

Not ssure why it wasnt added but Subaru and beatrice have soul manipulation
Anyways, one way Subaru can gg GTA protag is by mana draining him so passes out
Another is if he crystalizes only his limbs so he doesnt die but becomes immobile
He could also use shamak and tie him up (though that one might not work)
there are probably more but these come to my mind rn

What counters does he have to Passive Mode? Something GTA Protag can activate seemingly hands free and go intangible

Standard tactics for GTA Protag varies widely, but most consistently (and annoyingly) is hopping on the Oppressor Mk II, or the Sauce Machine Scramjet, flying around and strafing with rockets. Or just bouncing him around with the Up-n-Atomizer.

nah, everybody else in the verse is so strong its actually more debatable if he shouldnt scale to THEIR bare minimum which is tier 7A
I literally just saw a conversation about a time where Subaru might have potentially been able to scar a 7A with his whip (it didnt happen though because tappei likes to write "but thats not what happened" at every single step smh)
I mean I wouldn't be surprised if the case could be made, this place has base Ben Tennyson at 5-A 💀.

What counters does he have to Passive Mode? Something GTA Protag can activate seemingly hands free and go intangible
mana drain sucks out your shit from your Od which requires NPI and soul manipulation, intangibility wouldn't stop that
Standard tactics for GTA Protag varies widely, but most consistently (and annoyingly) is hopping on the Oppressor Mk II, or the Sauce Machine Scramjet, flying around and strafing with rockets. Or just bouncing him around with the Up-n-Atomizer.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if the case could be made, this place has base Ben Tennyson at 5-A 💀.
Subaru would have the speed advantage and could shoot stuff as soon as fight starts
I am also fairly certain magic can affect spirits because it damaged Petelgeuse

mana drain sucks out your shit from your Od which requires NPI and soul manipulation, intangibility wouldn't stop that

Subaru would have the speed advantage and could shoot stuff as soon as fight starts
I am also fairly certain magic can affect spirits because it damaged Petelgeuse
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wouldn't they need to make some sort of physical contact? Or can he do it at range?

Petelgeuse could also be harmed by physical attacks, and Beatrice got one-shotted by Elsa. Unless I am not remembering those quite right.

What if GTA Protag calls a mugger to steal Beatrice?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wouldn't they need to make some sort of physical contact? Or can he do it at range?
mana drain requires you to be in physical contact yes
Petelgeuse could also be harmed by physical attacks,
thats his physical body that he possesses, you cant actually harm him in the true sense unless you destroy his soul
This is why Subaru needed julius in that fight, otherwise Geuse would just possess someone else
and Beatrice got one-shotted by Elsa. Unless I am not remembering those quite right.
Beatrice is an exception to the rule
What if GTA Protag calls a mugger to steal Beatrice?
the mugger would die because Subaru would be aware of him via rbd

mana drain requires you to be in physical contact yes

thats his physical body that he possesses, you cant actually harm him in the true sense unless you destroy his soul
This is why Subaru needed julius in that fight, otherwise Geuse would just possess someone else
Doh, you're right. Not sure why I even brought that up.

Beatrice is an exception to the rule
What is Beatrice's durability as of current ratings? What can she and Subaru do against the Oppressor MkII, Scramjet, Avenger, Merryweather etc?

the mugger would die because Subaru would be aware of him via rbd
Not if GTA Protag cheats and uses mods. This was all a joke btw.

Back