• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demigra Regen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's made abundantly clear that death for Kais are very different, and it's even said in Super that dead KK is functionally the same is alive KK, the only difference being that the other Kais make fun of him.

Okay, at the VERY LEAST, we all agree it's Low-Godly right? They had to go back to destroy his Ki to ensure he stays dead. This fact means Low-Godly, as they went for his Ki. Not his lone molecules like what High would imply.

First off, him being dead means it's not even Regenerationn, but resurrection, which iirc, is already on the profile. Demigra couldn't be sensed because he was dead. His energy was destroyed because he was dead. Simple as that. Stop trying to apply a reaching answer for something that's so simple.

I'll reaspond to SSJRyu too.

>Dark energy

Dissipation isn't necessarily the same thing as eradication.

>Hatred

Read up on the "As long as there is evil" trope. And unlike Digimon's Demon Lords, Demigra doesn't have the same stupidly complex amount of lore to back it up.

>Hell argument

Apply that to literally every villain in the entire series.

Akreious said:
Okay, at the VERY LEAST, we all agree it's Low-Godly right? They had to go back to destroy his Ki to ensure he stays dead. This fact means Low-Godly, as they went for his Ki. Not his lone molecules like what High would imply.
From what I've seen of Demigra, his ki still has adverse effects on things. The only thing I can see that would warrant Low Godly is what SSJRyu said about the Crack of Time being destroyed on top of Demigra's destruction, as Dark Samus has it for something similar.

Oh yeah, pretty sure smoke is technically considered a solid due to some weird pedanticism to do with it. Definitely not subatomic destruction. By that logic I have subatomic destruction for snapping a pencil in half because the pencil is composed of subatomic bonds and forces.

"First off, him being dead means it's not even Regenerationn, but resurrection"

Uh you do know that Low-Godly is basically resurrection too right? Your entire physical being can die but you'd come back.

"Demigra couldn't be sensed because he was dead. His energy was destroyed because he was dead. Simple as that. Stop trying to apply a reaching answer for something that's so simple."

You do realize Goku could sense King Kai right? Who, presently, has been dead since cell Saga. So your "Simple" answer isn't infallibly correct like what you're making it out to be.

">Dark energy

Dissipation isn't necessarily the same thing as eradication."

They said they destroyed it. Not dissipate.

"Read up on the "As long as there is evil" trope. And unlike Digimon's Demon Lords, Demigra doesn't have the same stupidly complex amount of lore to back it up."

Except it's an explicit thing. As long as hatred of the heroes exist, he exists. Not the trope where Evil exists to balance out good, it's literally "I hate you so I won't stay dead" with what they say.

">Hell argument

Apply that to literally every villain in the entire series."

They were never able to sense beings and people in hell save for GT and with the help of Magic users.

ALSO, you are flat out ignoring the fact that they went back to destroy Demigra's residual Ki; they could still sense him even though he was quote "dead". Only after they destroyed his ki was he unsenseable. This directly means that even after one "Dies", their Ki remains.

Your examples where people can't be sensed hinges on the fact that Goku and the gang can sense into hell when that was never shown to be the case, while any other "dead" beings like King Kai are still sense-able.

The real cal howard said:
Akreious said:
From what I've seen of Demigra, his ki still has adverse effects on things. The only thing I can see that would warrant Low Godly is what SSJRyu said about the Crack of Time being destroyed on top of Demigra's destruction, as Dark Samus has it for something similar.
They destroyed his Ki to prevent his return, not because it would damage the surroundings.

Firstly, could someone provide some gosh darn quotes and/or scans?

But responding now...:

Low-Godly requires consciousness. Death means no consciousness.

Destroy is so vague that it's not even funny. Why else do you think we don't have all "destroy the world" statements at 5-B?

The fact that there's like, five different ways to come back in the series makes attributing that to a form of immortality to be quite dubious, if not outright hyperbole like 99% of instances of that trope. And again, scans?

The helll argument was how SSJRyu said that Demigra logically would've been trying to mess with things from hell or trying to escape. Literally any enemy in DB would try to do the same thing.

Again, King Kai outright says that his case is different. Heck, we can outright see it with Old Kai as he is still in his same body when he resurrects.

Can you provide a TLDR summary of the discussion and conclusions so far?

Antvasima said:
This whole argument is too long to TLDR to be honest

and from what i'v seen, most here seems to agree on mid godly and no one is arguing against low godly unless i missed something, so i guesse that's the conclusion ?

tl;dr is basically

A lot of people agree with Mid-Godly

A lot of people disagree(?) with Mid-Godly too.

Nobody disagrees against Low-Godly since all context points to Regenerationn.

if mid godly is about the soul, mind, and body being regened after being destroyed. I see evidence supporting the mind, and body. but we are missing one for the soul.

In Dragon Ball, if you die and still have a soul then you'd go to the afterlife. If you don't show up in the afterlife, it means your soul is destroyed. This is why Hakai is soul-destroying as well since it's potent enough that if you get EE'd by Hakai, you won't ever show up in the afterlife.

This is especially true since we all know villains actually retain their bodies in Hell (GT Continuity at least). If Demigra retains his body, he could easily take over the realm and become even more powerful. In Super it's less clear but in the original DB Series, we also see people who are sent to hell retain their bodies and abilities.

it is not clear what happens to a soul if they die outside of a timeline (Like what happened in the games) but it stands to reason that if Demigra's soul still existed, the Time patrollers would've gone back to at least try to destroy it as Demigra could easily make a new body from that no problem; this wouldn't be a problem if not for the fact that we know the Time Patrollers came back to destroy his residual Ki to prevent his return further and not his soul, despite the existence of his soul being more damning than any residual ki could be.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Antvasima said:
Mid-Godly's not being accepted. You can check Cal's last post for a good explanation.
It's not even done being discussed. Please don't go out and jump to "not accepted" when the other side hasn't gotten enough information together to make a counterargument.

@Matthew

Okay. I think that Cal seems to make sense.

I do plan to revisit Demigra's abilities as a whole in the future, including resurrection and regen, as there are several that should be added/adjusted, but due to classes and work it wont be for a while.

So should we close this thread?

I disagree with Mid-Godly but I think Type 4 Immortality is applicable.

Let's look at some scans/quotes:

Firstly, the Time Patrol couldn't defeat the Demon Gods so Chronoa had to write them out of the timeline/history along with the demon realm.

Source: https://imgur.com/a/vWHc3US

Furthermore, when Trunks checked the time scroll where the Demon Realm was supposed to be, it was blank.

• ÒüéÒéôÒüôÒüÅÒü¥ÒüïÒüäµÜùÚ╗ÆÚ¡öþòîÒüîµÂêÒüêÒüªÒéï´╝ü´╝ƒ
    • Ankoku Dark Makai is gone! What?
Source: https://imgur.com/a/fPVBgAa

And finally, not long after, Demigra was stated to have resurrected, probably like the third time lol,

• ÒüÁÒüúÒüïÒüñÒâëÒâƒÒé»Òâ®ÒüîµÖéÒü«þï¡ÚûôÒüïÒéëÕ¥®µ┤╗ÒüùÒüƒÒüÿÒéâÒü¿´╝ü´╝ƒ
    • Demigra resurrected from the interval of time! What?
Also the main reason Demigra was sealed and not just killed was bcuz of his resurrection:

https://imgur.com/a/r5qTa

If he has resurrected himself, I suppose that Immortality type 4 may be acceptable.

I think it would be???

the TP kill him and return to earth via IT but Demigra resurrects and is ready to confront them again all in the same day.

His ressurection is combat applicable. Reasons above obviously, since he seems to be able to ressurect multiple times pretty much at any place and time he wants, but also it is directly stated by kai of time after he is killed and his energy wiped away, leaving no trace of him to the point even kai of time can't find him across the multiverse that he is still an immediate threat that could ressurect at any time, just like Towa or other demon gods.

https://imgur.com/a/TLNXV1h

Low and behold he is shown already ressurected and present in the following next few arcs to, which would prove her point yet again.

https://imgur.com/a/PP0b0fF

So definatly combat applicable and works even from nothing based on his showings, and has been used many times in a row showing it is not a one time thing. Also worth noting even it he is killed but his energy is not completly eradicated it will act on it's own and spawn clones, control people, warp the multiverse etc until he ressurects to control it or it is all eradicated, yet he still comes back even with it all eradicated anyway as seen here.

Id recomend an explanation along the lines of

"Combat applicable and repeatable. He consistently ressurects shortly after every death where and when he wants to, and is an immediate threat that could ressurect at any time according to kai of time, even with no trace of him being left to the point where kai of time can't find him anywhere across the multiverse."

Of course the scans could be stuck into this to.

So killing Demigra would not only be useless because of that Resurrection, but it would make things even worse because of the numerous side-effects throughout the Multiverse?

Pretty much, he only gets strogner upon resurecting, and his energy would go haywire warping everyting, making clones, controling people and gathering energy for him upon his return.

@Quantu Yes, he has many more skills and such imo to. When I get on a break from classes I will try to do a more thorough workup of his other abilities.

Everybody seems to at least agree on the ressurection being specified the way I and others outlined including Cal and Ant. I think we can at least add that now.

"Combat applicable and repeatable. He consistently resurrects shortly after every death where and when he wants to, and is an immediate threat that could resurrect at any time according to kai of time, even with no trace of him being left to the point where kai of time can't find him anywhere across the multiverse."

This would be my recomendation either by his ressurection skill, or as a note if it's the prefered organizational set up.

I will add immortality type 4 to Demigra's profile, but think that SSJRyu1's description seems exaggerated, given that I cannot see such statements in the linked scans, or at least not in English.

First scan shows him ressurected in the past when he goes to help his past self

Second set has trunks directly state he was defeated and should be dead, but he says he would revive and did, this all happens in the same game,

third scan shows him return again after his death at the end of said game in the following 2 arcs.

Final scan shows kai of time state even though all disturbances are gone from Demigra, aka the evil enegy and himself, they must prevent a return from demigra and will continue to be busy, and must be prepared for it.

I dont see how I am exagerating since he directly is shown to revive at least 3 times consecutavly, in back to back arcs, and once even in the same game, adn is stated to be a constant threat that they must be prepared for, even though not just himself but all his distortions are gone.

I think it's important to specify that it is combat applicable with detail since otherwise it would just be dissmissed despite being a major skill.

Has he shown the ability to immediately resurrect himself during fights? If not, it is not combat applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back