• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Delta's "rays of light" CRT (Boruto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Focusing on this thread specifically, which characters specific justifications will need rewriting?
WA SPSM Naruto.
NE Naruto all keys
WA Rinnegan Sasuke
NE Sasuke all keys
DMS Kakashi
Juubi Madara and above
Eight Gate Might Guy
Kaguya Ōtsutsuki
Shinju
Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki
Kinshiki Ōtsutsuki
Toneri Ōtsutsuki
Isshiki Ōtsutsuki
Delta
Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki
Hamura Ōtsutsuki

My link's broken
T0aIBv1.png

WA SPSM Naruto.
NE Naruto all keys
WA Rinnegan Sasuke
NE Sasuke all keys
DMS Kakashi
Juubi Madara and above
Eight Gate Might Guy
Kaguya Ōtsutsuki
Shinju
Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki
Kinshiki Ōtsutsuki
Toneri Ōtsutsuki
Isshiki Ōtsutsuki
Delta
Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki
Hamura Ōtsutsuki
Thanks, but I didn't mean the ratings that need changing. Moreso who needs their actual justification rewritten.

Thanks, but I didn't mean the ratings that need changing. Moreso who needs their actual justification rewritten.
Oh

Well, Naruto in WA since he's the basis for the FTL Shippuden, and "The Last" Naruto (his current justification is horrible btw). Only him and everyone scales to it.

OP makes sense. Although I should mention a laser exploding isn’t an antifeat on this wiki. It’s agreed that they always explode in fiction so that’s specifically ignored.

Also even if it’s called a ray of light it wouldn’t meet the 4th requirement. It has to now be stated to be made of light/photons for that requirement.

Anime says the same
1ppVfDg.png
Damn she is looking fine asf

Yeah the manga showed nothing like it bending the animators added that, what was shown was that she released the beams at once not continuously while trying to overpower the rasengan
Naruto created the rasengan after she released the beams, and nothing was shown to bend

Damn she is looking fine asf

Yeah the manga showed nothing like it bending the animators added that, what was shown was that she released the beams at once not continuously while trying to overpower the rasengan
Naruto created the rasengan after she released the beams, and nothing was shown to bend

Light fang was shown to be dodged, the panel didn't show when the beam was fired or Naruto initially dodging, or even when he dodged, so the anime changed it and it can't be used
This is your logic.

The thing is , if That beams Made by Photon or light, why That beams not go through to Rasengan Rather than clashing with it. Ist like made by Chakra, Chakra vs Chakra stuff.

I agree. Taking advantage of this, will Orochimaru receive any updates? after all, it also dodge from the beams in the novel.

Argument #1

Yes, Amado is able to create technological advances that not even the head of the Scientific Ninja Weapons Team, Katasuke Tōno, could comprehend, yet alone replicate. Amado is a genius in a league of his own, and that point is made blatantly obvious to the reader. With that being said, though, this does not mean that Delta's lasers are a more advanced version of the photon weapon. To assume that is actually stupid.
Is it really stupid? No offense but what really should be considered stupid here is thinking a beam made by someone who's tech is decades ahead the norm would be slower than one from Konoha.

Why would a technologically superior organization have tech slower than Konoha's?
However, Delta's lasers are not even remotely similar. When Kawaki shielded Naruto and Himawari from her laser beam and the blast exploded, it took his arm, and he could no longer regenerate his wound. However, his body was not incinerated as would be the case with the Maxima Laser. And don't play the, "He didn't want Delta to have such a powerful weapon, so he took away that part of the laser" card. If that were the case, why base it off the Maxima Laser in the first place? The whole selling point of that photon gun is the fact that it is extremely deadly due to the heat spreading like a wildfire through the target's body and killing them from the inside.
This really isn't a necessary question, its a fictional setting. Delta's beams =\= Maxima beams they factually work in different ways, the main point is that if Amado's tech is considered decides far ahead according to a genius scientist absolutely nothing stops it from being at the very least as fast as it, the properties however can indeed differ.

Maxima works by heating the body till it pops, Delta's work by straight up killing cells
To base a weapon off of the Maxima Laser and remove its most notable attribute for the sake of wanting a weaker weapon is idiotic, considering Delta's lasers were already designed to counter regeneration by destroy targets on a cellular level. doesn't incinerate though It makes no sense.
We're basing it off the level of technology advancement the verse has achieved. That's all there is it to.
Argument #2

Yes, Delta's eye are specially crafted Scientific Ninja Tools, so they fit the bill of "technology based".
Here the problem with arguing that, though:

1. That same specially crafted eye can both absorb and redirect Chakra, as seen with Naruto's Rasengan.
  2. Her lasers burn through her Chakra.
  3. The lasers explode which is not very laser-like (get it? like, lady-like).
  4. The lasers are not even beams 100% of the time and can be dispersed by a greater Chakra.
  1. What exactly is wrong with it being able to absorb chakra?
  2. Yes, chakra is apparently used as a fuel source for it
  3. Exploding lasers are the norm these days
  4. It wasn't by "a greater chakra", rasengan literally drowned the light, that much is common knowledge since the fight dropped years ago
However, her lasers violate the "The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror" criteria by exploding.
Surely exploding lasers aren't a new thing on this wiki
The argument that her lasers also fit the "It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source" criteria because Kawaki used the term "ray of light" in a scanlation is not enough.
At this point a databook page on it would be golden tbh 🤞🏾. It'd really help

The criteria says "composed/consisting of ... light itself", and "ray of light" is not the same as "ray made of light".
A beam is literally light in scenarios like this. It isn't necessary to point out "a beam of light" since it literally means the same if the word was a standalone

WA SPSM Naruto.
NE Naruto all keys
WA Rinnegan Sasuke
NE Sasuke all keys
DMS Kakashi
Juubi Madara and above
Eight Gate Might Guy
Kaguya Ōtsutsuki
Shinju
Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki
Kinshiki Ōtsutsuki
Toneri Ōtsutsuki
Isshiki Ōtsutsuki
Delta
Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki
Hamura Ōtsutsuki
Why do Part 2 Naruto characters get affected by a NE feat?

Why do Part 2 Naruto characters get affected by a NE feat?
Because Part 2 SPSM Naruto scales above KCM Naruto from The Last, I'm pretty sure that's where Part 2 FTL comes from.

As for why The Last Naruto is affected, people were agreeing earlier in the thread that base Naruto's light dodging novel feat is also invalid.

Also, I agree with the OP.

Base Naruto dodged a laser, which albiet a good feat, is too vague to be called FTL.
It wasn't Base Naruto. It was a Naruto that had his ability to produce chakra cut off. In the same sequence of events he had to use a bucket to take down a drone and used a motorcycle to get around since it was faster than his regular speed.

It wasn't Base Naruto. It was a Naruto that had his ability to produce chakra cut off. In the same sequence of events he had to use a bucket to take down a drone and used a motorcycle to get around since it was faster than his regular speed.
So, Motorcycle > Naruto > LS laser? UwU

I'm confused, aren't those antifeats then?

If he's so drained that a motorcyle is faster than him, how are we to believe he can move fast enough to dodge light?

Regardless, it doesn't really change what KingTempest said, without more clarification, you can't just slap FTL onto light dodging feats, I've seen calcs as low as Sub-Relativistic for them.

I'm confused, aren't those antifeats then?
Yeah. Well not anti-feats, just that he likely didn't dodge them after they've fired. The drones aren't notably accurate anyways

If we’re hit, we die.

Realizing this, Chihare clings to Naruto’s shoulder.

“Seriously, we need to get away! The road here is too narrow! Get onto a main street!”

“No can do, we’d involve passerby’s. We first need to get away from the village......”

Before he could finish his sentence, a laser beam extends out from the left.

Hitting the wall, a cat scared from the explosion jumps out into the alley.

“Cat!”

“I know!”

The walls collapse from the explosion, the wreckage piling in the center of the alleyway.

The bike’s front wheel climbs over the debris, Naruto extends his arms and shifts his center of gravity behind him.

The front wheel gently lifts up.

The bike floats up into the air as if it jumped onto a spring, leaping easily over the cat’s head and

DON! Lands!

“GYAAH!”

The bike stops for a moment and then violently starts up again.
In other words the current possibly FTL justification is based on the idea a chakra-less Naruto can dodge laser beams after they had fired

EDIT: Forgot to include the bucket thing before

In an attempt to evade the drones that targeted his face, Naruto grabbed a bucket from the alleyway and placed it on one of the drones, completely covering it.

After that, he kicked the lid of the bucket that fell towards the other drones.

Yeah. Well not anti-feats, just that he likely didn't dodge them after they've fired. The drones aren't notably accurate anyways

In other words the current possibly FTL justification is based on the idea a chakra-less Naruto can dodge laser beams after they had fired

EDIT: Forgot to include the bucket thing before
Just from that extract you posted, what leads you to believe he dodged it? I don't see anything indicating it was dodged as opposed to just missing.

Of course I'm only basing that on what you just posted and don't have full context.

Just. Calc. Light Fang.

It's not that hard. We don't need to solely rely on a vague statement when we have a perfectly legitimate feat that's been dismissed for years based on, frankly, asinine and outdated reasons.

Just from that extract you posted, what leads you to believe he dodged it? I don't see anything indicating it was dodged as opposed to just missing.
They just missed in my view. Or alternatively he dodged the wind up. The drones don't instantly fire
After this thought, the tip of its gun catches Naruto’s eye.

Its end glowing red. “......!!”

Protecting Chihare, Naruto suddenly changes his body’s position―― suddenly a tree branch grew from below and violently stabs the drone.
So he could have just avoid the beams windup or moved before they could reposition the energy beam
Of course I'm only basing that on what you just posted and don't have full context.
Naruto had lost his ability to produce chakra
Walking to match Naruto’s pace, Sakura’s voice cut out in a casual tone.

“The other day, when you came by the hospital to do a detailed examination. Just now I came up with a result. Your body’s completely healthy except for one abnormality...... your chakra system seems to be shutting down.”

“Chakra system?”

Yes, Sakura nodded before continuing. “If I pour my chakra into you, your wounds heal properly, and it doesn’t hurt you. Which means your body isn’t rejecting the chakra itself. Maybe the problem in the chakra system. If the Sage of Six Paths had the same symptoms, I wonder is the chakra system malfunctions due to the tailed beasts sealed in your body.”

“I see, but this is still just a hypothesis,”

Naruto looked down. “If my chakra system shuts down...... what will happen to me?”

“If the anomaly is your chakra tubes closing off, then you won’t die. You just won’t be able to use chakra for the rest of your life.”

“Just......” Naruto’s complexion grew white as the blood drained from his face. Naruto’s fighting style relied heavily on the amount of chakra he inherited from the nine tails.

Any situation where his chakra could no longer work, was frankly lethal

“this is a serious matter” Naruto murmured as Sakura nodded, letting out a deep breath.

“Though, at least I’m relieved. There’s no war going on right now, it’s ok if the hokage can’t use his chakra.” Surely, this may be so. However, for Naruto, who has been aiming to be hokage since his childhood, he was always naturally remaining strong in times like this.

Even after becoming the seventh hokage, that didn’t change.

“............”

Naruto couldn’t say anything anymore, he silently dragged his left leg along as it convulsed.
This is confirmed later on during the chase
Naruto desperately tried to continue moving forward on the bike, moving onto parts of the rail that looked undamaged, but they soon reached their limit.

The rear wheel of the bike hits a screwed-up rail spike and with their current momentum, launches Naruto and Chihare into the air.

“Damn it!......” Why can’t I use chakra is a situation like this!?

Naruto twisted mid-air to catch Chihare’s waist, taking a position underneath her to catch her fall.

They were surrounded by thick steel bars and steel towers, things that’ll likely kill them as soon as they hit them, but the byakugan seems to help with the landing.
The entire sequence was with him being unable to produce chakra, which is why he had to rely on the motorcycle and a bucket. Since he had zero chakra enhancements during the scene.

So there honestly shouldn't be any scaling to the above lasers based on our current reasonings. Its a literal nerfed Naruto dealing with drones that can't hit a moving target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back