• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deku's 5% Key

Alright buddies, this is a pretty important revision for Deku in his 5% key. Basically, Deku right now is credited to, when using OFA for vs battles, be in his current canon form. This includes 5% Deku, giving him access to things such as black whip and Air Force, when he canonically did not have those at that percent of power.

Should Deku therefore be banned from those abilities when in his 5% key? Or should his 5% key be moved to only be in his U.A. beginnings key?

Discuss

Beat me to the punch but honeslty the Airforce should be specified whether it's restricted in the OP of the matches themselves. Blackwhip doesn't bring a tier change so it should be fine.

I personally feel like Deku really needs to be split up into more keys if there are abilities he doesn't unlock in early parts of the show. It just feels weird to have him have so little keys with such a lot to work with.

Splitting his keys up even more seems kind of redundant though as it stands matches were Blackwhip and Airforce are allowed should specify so since it'd just be current Deku restricted to 5%

so if we use current deku then airfroce and black whip (and latter on float) are fine. but in %'s lower then 20 can't be used

Blackwhip and Airforce should be part of his 8% since that's the state he got them in plus unless an ability changes a tier it can't be restricted.

His match with Tanjirou and Jack need to be redone because of blackwhip, his matches with Joseph and Po are stomps due to Po heavily outskilling and oneshoting him while Joseph no longer is at an AP disadvantage and ignores durability.

It was never mentioned to be restricted in the OP though so we can't just assume it was. He has a High 8-C technique now which is the real issue here, and also range was an argument and range = air pressure which = one shot essentially

> This includes 5% Deku, giving him access to things such as black whip and Air Force, when he canonically did not have those at that percent of power.

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense. Those should be accessible to Deku with 8% and onward.

Oh, hmm. Does this mean 5% wouldn't really have range? Just curious. I don't fully understand what it means for the character

He can't use Air Force at 5%, he needs to use at least 15% before he can use air pressure as attacks. Blackwhip doesn't have a tier and it's not limited to any percentage.

Izuku's keys go from U.A. Beginning, Rise of Villains, and then with OFA. It's a little confusing.

I think 5% should just be Izuku before he started using 8%, so no Blackwhip or Air Force. While 8% is current Izuku since that's what he's using currently.

And?

Why are you saying that? I didn't say he needed to use 15% Full Cowling, I'm referencing what All Might said, that he was going to teach him how to use air pressure as attacks when got to 15%.

And what, I'm still lost here? His key doesn't say with Full Cowling 5%, it's just with OFA. So restricting him to 5% means he still can't put his fingers above 5% since that no longer OFA 5%.

There isn't any reason current Izuku would even fight at 5%, so 5% current Izuku shouldn't even be done. 5% should only be Izuku before he started using 8%.

By that logic 8% Deku can't use Airforce either since that key has him at 8% and not 20%

Why is a reason required for a character's key to be used? Abilities are regularly restricted in vs threads even when those chracters would use said abilities.

The point of this thread is to determine if Deku should have his 5% key only be for his U.A. beginnings key. That's this thread in a nutshell.

Also jack, Chelshia is not going to have her loss removed even if 5% Deku loses blackwhip and Air Force. Stop trying to change it.

Man you're sounding pretty aggressive here. Just saying it sounds like it should be if the thread has him use things he shouldn't be able to use-

Without those things, he still wins. Hence the match is still valid, especially given neither of them were relevant to the arguments for why he won.

I'm slightly aggressive because you've been salty about that thread for days now, and keep popping up in unrelated threads hoping you can find a way to get it removed.

5% Deku beats Chelshia with or without his range. Move on.

My dude I haven't been salty. I just want to make sure all matches are fair and valid and nothing is being added when it shouldn't be. Technically speaking if 5% Deku can't be current Deku like some people here are implying the arguments should change since they use current Deku instead of...well, not current Deku.

You don't need to go attacking me.

Also I'm just interested in what this means for most of Deku's matches since this would effect a good chunk of them

sounds like it's not a good time to use Deku

So what I'm reading is 5 percent doesn't get Air Force or pressure. But keeps Blackwhip?

8% Deku should always have access to abilities like Air Force and Blackwhip, as that's what he uses to fight normally, and restricting that because he needs a higher percentage would be unfair.

However, Deku doesn't use 5% anymore, so all we could do is use the latest version of it, when Deku fought with Bakugou at the beginnings of RoV saga. If for some reason Deku decided to use 5% again, then we would need to update that key, but in the meantime, we can't give skills that were never shown to a percentage, since we don't even know if he can actually use them while in 5%.

Back